Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh right. No idea they were such a draw, tbh, but I guess it is in the north! ?

Do they actually do Sunday tickets? When I went in 2016 I'm sure they only had Saturday tickets for the Jean Michel Jarre day. 

Yes they still sell out pretty much every venue they play in the North, they will have absolutely no problem selling Jodrel Bank out. They just sold Ally Pally out in London with pretty much no problem either.

It surely depends how many weekend tickets they sell. If they sell out of weekend tickets over next month or so then they will have no need to issue day tickets. Not sure they will sell all weekend tickets though to be fair. I can't see anyone getting weekend tickets for half price in the lead up this year.

25 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So they did Sunday day tickets last year, did they?

Either way, finances mean I will have to hold fire for now!

I know what you mean. It's been an absolute killer for me this year. Just paid my camper van off for Glasto and now saving up for a worse case scenario Glasto ticket.

Not getting a Glasto ticket really puts your life on hold doesn't it? ?

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I know what you mean. It's been an absolute killer for me this year. Just paid my camper van off for Glasto and now saving up for a worse case scenario Glasto ticket.

Not getting a Glasto ticket really puts your life on hold doesn't it? ?

Oh I do have one this year - still have to pay for it, though! :D

Did you not get one? But you've still got a campervan? Risky strategy!

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Really? Now that would definitely swing it. Really didn't sell well last year, then? Can't remember who headlined.

I went the year before and don't think it sold out then, but it was still a new entity.

there may have been ticket going cheap, but last year was the 1st time they sold out - full weekend and Sunday day ticket - which was good as Sunday was the 1st time you got the feel for how busy it would be at full capacity (it was good and not too busy)

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sorry - do you mean no chance it will sell out, or no chance it won't?

They only do Saturday day tickets by the looks of it, shame.

They do day ticket for each day every year, but they just hold back putting them on sale until later (gives the weekend tickets time to sell). This year is the 1st time they a) announced a headliner early and b) put a day ticket up on sale - looks like it paid off as Saturday day ticket sold out very quickly.

Bluedot have advised Friday and Sunday day ticket will be available in the future but based on previous years you are probably looking at early April at the earliest, but depends on how w/end sales go I suppose

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

They do day ticket for each day every year, but they just hold back putting them on sale until later (gives the weekend tickets time to sell). This year is the 1st time they a) announced a headliner early and b) put a day ticket up on sale - looks like it paid off as Saturday day ticket sold out very quickly.

Bluedot have advised Friday and Sunday day ticket will be available in the future but based on previous years you are probably looking at early April at the earliest, but depends on how w/end sales go I suppose

Good to know! Might hold out for a day ticket then as we've got somewhere to stay fairly localish... do they put on shuttles to the nearest station and that. The Hot Chip/Hopkins day appeals to me most, although I suspect an almighty clash. I'd love to see Kraftwerk and New Order too, though.

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He who dares Rodders ?

Best of luck! I am hoping to be on hand to help some regulars, although my first port of call is helping out a poor Efester whose order timed out on me in October due to an issue with their login...

43 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Good to know! Might hold out for a day ticket then as we've got somewhere to stay fairly localish... do they put on shuttles to the nearest station and that. The Hot Chip/Hopkins day appeals to me most, although I suspect an almighty clash. I'd love to see Kraftwerk and New Order too, though.

There are coaches available that you pay for running between Jodrell and Manchester centre/Stockport and nearby places.

They don't have shuttles running to nearest train station which I believe shuts earlier on the evening. If not staying on site, best just get somewhere in Manchester centre and get the coach from the main bus station, as like 30-40 mins ride.

However, you will miss the late stuff as coaches tend to leave after the main headliner but other stuff runs until 2amish...

You might as well do the full w/end and camp ,as will be cheaper than stay somewhere else and paying for coach for 2 days.

Hot Chip and Jon Hopkins are a direct clash I believe, plus to my horror Kraftwork and 808 State maybe clashing on the Saturday too :o

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

There are coaches available that you pay for running between Jodrell and Manchester centre/Stockport and nearby places.

They don't have shuttles running to nearest train station which I believe shuts earlier on the evening. If not staying on site, best just get somewhere in Manchester centre and get the coach from the main bus station, as like 30-40 mins ride.

However, you will miss the late stuff as coaches tend to leave after the main headliner but other stuff runs until 2amish...

You might as well do the full w/end and camp ,as will be cheaper than stay somewhere else and paying for coach for 2 days.

Hot Chip and Jon Hopkins are a direct clash I believe, plus to my horror Kraftwork and 808 State maybe clashing on the Saturday too :o

Ah that's a shame about the late acts. I wouldn't buy two day tickets, I was just thinking of maybe going for one day (Sunday, Sat already sold out). And I have friends fairly local I could crash with. But we'll see... both those clashes are horrific, so hoping at least one of them will be at G and then maybe I'll decide (if tickets are still available obvs).

9 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

The Orbit headliner plays after the Lovell headliner so I imagine it'll be Hot Chip into Hoppo then Kraftwerk into 808 State 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, beergut100 said:

Going to Bluedot for 1st time this year and have bought a campervan ticket. On the info page, though, it says the pitch is 6 x 4 metres. I don't think this will be big enough for my van and awning. Does anyone know if this is strictly enforced? Are they marked pitches?

Hope no-one minds me bumping this, but I'm quite concerned as my van and awning is slightly more than 6 metres.

8 minutes ago, beergut100 said:

Hope no-one minds me bumping this, but I'm quite concerned as my van and awning is slightly more than 6 metres.

Best thing to do is contact them I guess, maybe a twitter DM. Completely different issue but we had problems finding a pitch for our tent last time we went in 2016. The stewards weren't particularly helpful then but I suppose there's only so much they can do. That was the only problem we had overall though was organisation of getting people in as the queue was very long as well. They didn't have early entry then so I'm sure its better now. 

On 1/24/2019 at 1:29 PM, the wonderwhy said:

The Orbit headliner plays after the Lovell headliner so I imagine it'll be Hot Chip into Hoppo then Kraftwerk into 808 State 

I hope this is true as looking at 2018 clashfinder some started after and others started during, so not totally cut and dry for not clashing it seems

https://clashfinder.com/s/bluedot2018 

14 minutes ago, John L said:

Is it possible to stay off site and cab it in and out of this festival? If so any ideas of the best place to stay? Camping is a bit beyond me these days.

I am going to stay at home (Manchester) and get a coach in each day.

On 1/24/2019 at 12:28 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Best of luck! I am hoping to be on hand to help some regulars, although my first port of call is helping out a poor Efester whose order timed out on me in October due to an issue with their login...

I am in the process of mobilising a small army in an attempt to get a ticket. By hook or by crook, I will be at glasto this year.

21 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Best thing to do is contact them I guess, maybe a twitter DM. Completely different issue but we had problems finding a pitch for our tent last time we went in 2016. The stewards weren't particularly helpful then but I suppose there's only so much they can do. That was the only problem we had overall though was organisation of getting people in as the queue was very long as well. They didn't have early entry then so I'm sure its better now. 

I did contact them, but they were evasive and did not answer my question. So, if people reading this thread have taken a campervan, how strict are they about pitch size? And are they marked pitches?

Edited by beergut100

1 hour ago, beergut100 said:

I did contact them, but they were evasive and did not answer my question. So, if people reading this thread have taken a campervan, how strict are they about pitch size? And are they marked pitches?

See my previous post for the answer!! 

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2019 at 3:08 PM, John L said:

Is it possible to stay off site and cab it in and out of this festival? If so any ideas of the best place to stay? Camping is a bit beyond me these days.

I live (very) local so can give you some options if you like? DM me if so

• 3 weeks later...