Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

4 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

So guys, whats this festival like. The line up just impressed some friends in Florida and I might link up with them. Is it a good time? 

Personally I think it's great. Fits my musical taste more than any other festival. Well organised, not too busy, decent toilets, great atmosphere, late nights. How do I say this... it doesn't have anyone celebrating finishing their GCSEs or A-Levels.

10 hours ago, zzzfest said:

I’ve never done this but am considering this year. Did this sell out in the previous years? If it did, how fast?

It sold out for the 1st time last year but that was just the week of the festival. I do think there will be more interest this year as it made a better mark after last year's festival, but don't think it will sell out too quick tbh

However, I was surprised that Saturday day tickets sold out within days but guess that's the draw of Kraftwerk!!

4 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

It sold out for the 1st time last year but that was just the week of the festival. I do think there will be more interest this year as it made a better mark after last year's festival, but don't think it will sell out too quick tbh

However, I was surprised that Saturday day tickets sold out within days but guess that's the draw of Kraftwerk!!

Thanks.

I wonder whether the other day tickets (i.e. Friday and Sunday) will be released or not. I like New Order but Hot Chip is not my cup of tea... And which day does John Hopkins perform?

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm a bit in love with that line-up! Wondering if I can justify this as well as Glastonbury...

So general consensus is it likely won't sell out for a little bit (despite Kraftwerk being a big draw)?

If it's like last year you'll get tickets for half price on Twickets. 

Just now, robskyd said:

If it's like last year you'll get tickets for half price on Twickets. 

Really? Now that would definitely swing it. Really didn't sell well last year, then? Can't remember who headlined.

I went the year before and don't think it sold out then, but it was still a new entity.

I'm not sure if it sold out. I just remember feeling a bit peeved seeing them for sale and I'd bought them for full price! 

This year we've bought a campervan ticket and I want to get the weekend tickets second hand. Though I'm in dispute with my wife who wants to get them now so she knows she's got them.

We can all guess what will happen!! 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Really? Now that would definitely swing it. Really didn't sell well last year, then? Can't remember who headlined.

I went the year before and don't think it sold out then, but it was still a new entity.

No chance this year with New Order on. They could sell day tickets for the Saturday and Sunday and it would sell out .

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sorry - do you mean no chance it will sell out, or no chance it won't?

They only do Saturday day tickets by the looks of it, shame.

No chance it won't sell out. If they released day tickets only then the Saturday and Sunday would sell out today. The New Order fans are a bit restless this morning due to day tickets not going on sale today.

They will try to sell weekend camping tickets for a few weeks then day tickets will sell out immediately as soon as they go on sale.

Just now, eastynh said:

No chance it won't sell out. If they released day tickets only then the Saturday and Sunday would sell out today. The New Order fans are a bit restless this morning due to day tickets not going on sale today.

They will try to sell weekend camping tickets for a few weeks then day tickets will sell out immediately as soon as they go on sale.

Oh right. No idea they were such a draw, tbh, but I guess it is in the north! ?

Do they actually do Sunday tickets? When I went in 2016 I'm sure they only had Saturday tickets for the Jean Michel Jarre day.