Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

17 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Can I ask did you feel it made it worse? Defo a little boisterous crowd in places, but I actually thought it was interesting to see how it would get with a full capacity crowd.

Sunday is usually dead on the evening so I actually loved the place being full of life, as there was some solid stuff on after Chems too which kept site busy!!

i agree with this, i didnt notice any sour characters and it was great for the fest to be busy and full on / happy right to the end rather than petering out.

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

between you, you have guessed the other two headliners.

that's all im saying.

Okay, so this is the list of what folk on here have guessed as headliners so far....

• Spiritualized
  • Primal Scream
  • Fatboy Slim
  • Gorillaz
  • Kraftwerk
  • Moby
  • Royksopp
  • Prodigy
  • Sigur Ros
  • New Order
  • Massive Attack
  • Moby
  • LCD Soundsystem
  • Aphex Twin
  • The XX
  • Bjork
  • Super Furry Animals
  • Mystery Jets
  • Hot Chip
  • Nile Rodgers
  • Justice
  • Faithless
  • The Darkness
  • Metronomy
  • Richard Ashcroft
  • KLF
  • Suede
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Human League
  • OMD
  • M83
  • Doves
  • Elbow
  • Groove Armada

Guess away lol... I think Suede could be a good shout as playing festivals next year and still think Prodigy

Edited by shoptildrop

9 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Okay, so this is the list of what folk on here have guessed as headliners so far....

• Spiritualized
  • Primal Scream
  • Fatboy Slim
  • Gorillaz
  • Kraftwerk
  • Moby
  • Royksopp
  • Prodigy
  • Sigur Ros
  • New Order
  • Massive Attack
  • Moby
  • LCD Soundsystem
  • Aphex Twin
  • The XX
  • Bjork
  • Super Furry Animals
  • Mystery Jets
  • Hot Chip
  • Nile Rodgers
  • Justice
  • Faithless
  • The Darkness
  • Metronomy
  • Richard Ashcroft
  • KLF
  • Suede
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Human League
  • OMD
  • M83
  • Doves
  • Elbow
  • Groove Armada

Guess away lol... I think Suede could be a good shout as playing festivals next year and still think Prodigy

Going off the phrase 'between you, you have guessed the other headliners, I reckon it's one of mine (Suede or New Order) and one of someone elses. It's a solid list so whoever it is should make up for a cracking set of headliners. Think you can discount Faithless, Mystery Jets, The Darkness (!), Richard Ashcroft and Gorillaz off that list.

Edited by DDave

7 minutes ago, DDave said:

Going off the phrase 'between you, you have guessed the other headliners, I reckon it's one of mine (Suede & New Order) and one of someone elses. It's a solid list so whoever it is should make up for a cracking set of headliners.

Suede and Prodigy it is then :D

56 minutes ago, John L said:

Big fan of Kraftwerk. Can anyone give me details of any shuttle buses they might run and where they go from? I tend to stay off site these days.

There tends to be the big green bus things from Store St in Manchester. Thats what I used when I went anyway.

3 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Can I ask did you feel it made it worse? Defo a little boisterous crowd in places, but I actually thought it was interesting to see how it would get with a full capacity crowd.

Sunday is usually dead on the evening so I actually loved the place being full of life, as there was some solid stuff on after Chems too which kept site busy!!

There was a slight detraction,
We had a couple of moments, people just going for it a bit too hard for the whole weekend,
being a bit twattish and obnoxious, trust me I like to twat around, but not at the expense of others.
Chatting loudly through the Halle Orchestra, but sat right down at the front ,
some pushing and shoving, just not the norm at Bluedot.

For the most part it was great and I'm certainly going back, and I fully agree about Sunday being packed and adding to the atmosphere,
It has always felt a bit of a shame that everyone buggers off, Sunday night this year was an ace party!

23 minutes ago, kagey said:

Suede and Metronomy then

Metronomy big enough? Hot Chip / Kraftwerk / Suede seems more likely to me although I suppose there's not much difference between Hot Chip and Metronomy

Hot Chip AND Metronomy, now you're talking.

Edited by DDave

3 hours ago, DDave said:

Sorry to piss on your chips but I just don't see the Prodge there either. 

lol nowt like the point :D

Well we won't find out until Feb/March time based on previous year's announcements, but then again they have announced Kraftwerk early so who knows....

I'd settle for Metronomy as love them (Suede are doing bearded so probably see them there anyway)