Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just been informed that the Bluedot teaser with that logo in it had Geiger Counter by Kraftwerk playing in the background, so that'll be why people are taking it to mean Kraftwerk lol.

It had A geiger counter playing in the background, I don’t think it was specifically the Kraftwerk intro. 

Combined with the red it does seem to suggest them, though. 

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I have no idea what that means lol but I still think they are a strong possibility tbh

They are a bit too cartoon character imo for Jodrel Bank. Even during th he transmission days all the acts were a bit more serious. That's not to say the Prodigy would not be fantastic. I just don't think they fit the ethos of what has been before.

Although they have had at least one fairly new artist headlining every year, I'll go big and go

New Order / Suede / Kraftwerk

Suede play Penn Fest on the Friday so would make sense. Altern8 would be good from that line up too.

Outside bets to be on the bill would be Pet Shop Boys (as a headliner), Sparks and the Human League

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Oh boy I like that. 

Give us a good alt-rock/indie band and that’s a dreamboat. 

Hope they’ve booked the Metronomies too 

Metronomy would make my day if booked!!! Really excited about announcement tomorrow (plus Leeds are announcing too) :)

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

They are a bit too cartoon character imo for Jodrel Bank. Even during th he transmission days all the acts were a bit more serious. That's not to say the Prodigy would not be fantastic. I just don't think they fit the ethos of what has been before.

Maybe not but you never know...

1 hour ago, kagey said:

I'd be happy if that's all we get for now, If it keeps all the Chemical Brothers crowd away
really changed the atmosphere last year, I have faith they can pull another great line up together

Can I ask did you feel it made it worse? Defo a little boisterous crowd in places, but I actually thought it was interesting to see how it would get with a full capacity crowd.

Sunday is usually dead on the evening so I actually loved the place being full of life, as there was some solid stuff on after Chems too which kept site busy!!