Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

New additions only just brought to my attention! Tickets to be bought soon. Arcade Fire at the MIF right into Bluedot is going to be a good time!

same for me, even considered Radiohead on the Thursday but all sold out, build your own festival

3 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

same for me, even considered Radiohead on the Thursday but all sold out, build your own festival

What's the crack with the good festival stuff happening around Manchester now? Arcade Fire at the MIF, great line-ups for Bluedot and Parklife; mark my words, it'll be Godspeed You Black Emperor and Kendrick Lamar headlining Ramsbottom Festival next.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What's the crack with the good festival stuff happening around Manchester now? Arcade Fire at the MIF, great line-ups for Bluedot and Parklife; mark my words, it'll be Godspeed You Black Emperor and Kendrick Lamar headlining Ramsbottom Festival next.

it's Manchester based companies that are getting involved in a number of Festivals now,

festival No 6 always has a good Mancunian representation as well

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

New additions only just brought to my attention! Tickets to be bought soon. Arcade Fire at the MIF right into Bluedot is going to be a good time!

Doing AF but then just the Saturday of BD but staying local campsite for a couple of nights 

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, danceonfire said:

Just got my tickets for this. Looking forward to it. Ive not been before. Has anyone who went last year got any tips or info on what to expect.  Cheers.

I went to the first one last year and had a bloody lovely time! Not going this year mainly due to getting Glastonbury tickets and not being able to afford/justify both but I'd be back in a heartbeat otherwise. Really small and intimate festival, amazing vibes, very friendly, great food, mix of science and fun stuff, incredible setting and great bands. What's not to love? ONLY concern I'd have would be in a wet year those campsites would be muddy as. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

... when you ask a question and are used to the glastonbury thread speed of responses/ arguements/ mockery...

Also when might be advisable to get to the campsite?

The only person who appears to have gone last year and is posting (please and  thank you)...

@Zoo Music Girl

13 hours ago, DJL said:

... when you ask a question and are used to the glastonbury thread speed of responses/ arguements/ mockery...

Also when might be advisable to get to the campsite?

The only person who appears to have gone last year and is posting (please and  thank you)...

@Zoo Music Girl

Haha yeah, it's a lot less busier in here! I imagine too with Glastonbury so close and the election today, people aren't really coming over this way very much. There's definitely a few people off the site who are going this year, though - I think it's just that I still have an alert set up from last year!

If you read back through the thread, I think a few people have been talking about the traffic situation. It's really hard to say when to get there, as there's only been one and the car parks were a bit waterlogged that year, which I think caused delays. From memory we rocked up about 3ish and had to queue for a good hour or so. The acts kicked off around 5:30 and I think we just about had time to pitch and get in for the last few minutes of Infinite Monkey Cage. The site is small though, so once you're in and pitched getting anywhere is easy.

With regards to your other question, I think most of the music was finished by at 2am? I can't really remember anything beyond that, but these days I don't really make it up past that hour so it suited me! So I'm not sure if they actively clear people out of the main arena at a particular time. I don't think so, I was probably on my way back to the campsite by then.

Really loved the festival and am quite jealous! Might well revisit next year.

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Haha yeah, it's a lot less busier in here! I imagine too with Glastonbury so close and the election today, people aren't really coming over this way very much. There's definitely a few people off the site who are going this year, though - I think it's just that I still have an alert set up from last year!

If you read back through the thread, I think a few people have been talking about the traffic situation. It's really hard to say when to get there, as there's only been one and the car parks were a bit waterlogged that year, which I think caused delays. From memory we rocked up about 3ish and had to queue for a good hour or so. The acts kicked off around 5:30 and I think we just about had time to pitch and get in for the last few minutes of Infinite Monkey Cage. The site is small though, so once you're in and pitched getting anywhere is easy.

With regards to your other question, I think most of the music was finished by at 2am? I can't really remember anything beyond that, but these days I don't really make it up past that hour so it suited me! So I'm not sure if they actively clear people out of the main arena at a particular time. I don't think so, I was probably on my way back to the campsite by then.

Really loved the festival and am quite jealous! Might well revisit next year.

Ta muchly. Looks like getting in on the friday will be a mission. We'll try and get it out of the way as early as possible...

Yeah I'd get there nice and early if I were you. Bag searches were fairly cursory last time and they could be a lot more intensive this year. I don't think you'll have a problem getting a decent pitch though as anywhere looked fine to me and it's all so close by. It's just annoying when a festival starts and opens on the same day as you want to be there for the action!