Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

33 minutes ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Crew Campsite

This is located to the right of the standard customer campsites.

Thanks ... and ... bum. It's further away.

Ahh well, it's not as far away as an off-site campervan site would be, and it's the only way they could squeeze my van in and I'm grateful for them going the extra mile to do that for me. I can't really complain.

To anyone going, try to catch Lanterns On the Lake performance with Royal Northern Sinfonia, I saw this at the Sage in Gatehead and it was just sensational. I was hoping they might have been at Glastonbury.

Wish I was going looks a cracking line up and festival. Enjoy!

14 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

To anyone going, try to catch Lanterns On the Lake performance with Royal Northern Sinfonia, I saw this at the Sage in Gatehead and it was just sensational. I was hoping they might have been at Glastonbury.

Wish I was going looks a cracking line up and festival. Enjoy!

Cheers for the recommendation - and cheers to those suggesting Floating Points. Had a listen and sounds great. I think most things on the bill will be worth catching to be honest. 

Really excited now :) We're getting a train after work tomorrow so I need to do my packing tonight...

Yeah I'm on my own, I've done it loads of times as a worker, and Bestival as a punter when its lineups were stellar.  It's easy to buddy up with groups camping nearby, and you're an extra eye on their tents to keep everyone safe and secure.  I reckon it'll be a slightly older crowd for this one.

This has to be a mistake surely?  PSB are a big highlight for me :(

From the clashfinder revision notes:

27 minutes ago by festivalfanatic
This looks ridiculous but Ive been in contact with PSB on twitter and they have said they will be on c. 19:15 for 40 mins! This will annoy 48% of people who have highlighted their clashfinders. SORRY!

And the tweet in question...

Am I right in thinking that camping is open from Friday? Eeek I hope so otherwise we'll have to find a small corner somewhere if it's actually open from Thursday....

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers for the recommendation - and cheers to those suggesting Floating Points. Had a listen and sounds great. I think most things on the bill will be worth catching to be honest. 

Really excited now :) We're getting a train after work tomorrow so I need to do my packing tonight...

34 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Could be just that they're playing Race for Space in full? That's about 40 minutes long and would make sense thematically...

yeah, that does make sense.  It leaves a big gap if the timings for Underworld are correct

1 minute ago, S i a n said:

Am I right in thinking that camping is open from Friday? Eeek I hope so otherwise we'll have to find a small corner somewhere if it's actually open from Thursday....

Sorry - no, it doesn't open until 2pm on Friday, from what I understand. I doubt you'd have a problem anyway, as I don't think it's sold out...

I'm in London and we're up north tomorrow night, staying with friends and driving over Friday. Does mean I have to be super-organised a whole day early mind!

10 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

These are a must for me, been meaning to catch them for ages. Their recent Manchester gig I had to miss for my work Christmas do, that was a bugger. If ever there was a band that suits having a orchestra with them, this is it.

I've finally  bought a ticket after looking wistfully at the line up for months- will be living on lentils come Autumn but who cares- dancing under the stars awaits. It all looks bloody brilliant!! 

Being bit brave and will be my first festival on my own so if anyone would like to meet up  -  drop me a message

And yes the site is incredibly tiny - we went there a few years back to see sigur ros and the manc halle orchestra but didn't get to camp on site - that's very exciting on it's own. Shall have to aim for where we can see both dishes :D

We're going to try to get there for around 2 too.  Would like to get settled in have a wander and a beer (or three) before the formalities  Don"t quite know why but I am crazily excited for this festival.  Travel safe and have fun everyone.