Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

i have a tic for this! no coach option from london annoyingly though

Yeah my boyfriend said that... bit weird, unless they want to keep us southern types away!

We'll probably train or coach up to a friend's in Manchester the night before, but still would have been nice to have the option.

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Right I've bitten the bullet and bought a ticket for this, despite my life/work situation still being a bit up in the air! Looking forward to it! Now I can look at the line-up properly...:lol:

Happy for you that you decided to go for it.  I have a feeling - based on no evidence whatsoever - that this is going to be a bit special.    

• 3 weeks later...

More acts announced... this line up just keeps getting better and better!

"Air, Brian Eno, Lanterns on the Lake, The Clangers, Marc Riley and many more join the lineup.

Supporting Jean-Michel Jarre on Saturday night are French electronica/space rock pioneers Air. Their signature cinematic, psychedelic sound architecture is the perfect scene-setter for the day’s finale.

We are also thrilled to present the start of our arts, culture and comedy line-up in, with some of the most dynamic and thought provoking comedians, creations and humour the cosmos have to offer, including James Veitch, Robin Ince, Tiernan Douieb, Hondartza Fraga and many more."

:rolleyes:

I'm really excited for this festival as the science stuff sounds just as amazing as the music!!

Only been to Jodrell Bank once for New Order and it was like the best day ever, great weather, real ales, music, geeky stuff and facilities were great.

Gone for full weekend & camping this time so really looking foward to this ...June / July are rather busy in the giggage calender christ August is gonna be such a come down :lol:

Got my ticket today,  very very pleased with the line-up and all the additional sci-space stuff.   Real Ale festival on site too (?)     Cant find a fault with it yet.  :)

I went to Standon last year,  10000 capcity,   Am i right that Bluedot  is only  5000 ??    Thats very intimate if correct.    Superb,

I have just found out about this festival. It looks really great. Very good line up and loads of cool science and space stuff things going on too. It has to be done!

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Juliebean said:

Me and my boyfriend are going to this on the Friday night, wish we were going the whole weekend but can't wait to see what Brian Eno has in store!

Isn't he doing some kind of art installation thing?

http://www.discoverthebluedot.com/profile/brian-eno

Sounds cool anyway! Seriously can't wait for this festival...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Off to this one too. Looking forward to seeing Mercury Rev again after a superb Glastonbury set and also Underworld, and Public Service Broadcasting playing songs from the Race for Space should be a highlight. Mixture of music, space science and arts sounds fab just hope its all as good as it sounds

Getting excited for this now :) Only three weekends away - and with Lovebox in the middle for me :D

Hope the weather isn't too horrific and that they make make a success of the first one. Don't think I've been at the first ever event for a festival since V96!  

My ticket arrived the other day and train ticket is booked...

5 minutes ago, Adster said:

You'd hope with the people behind Kendal Calling running it, it'll be relatively well planned for a new festival.  I'm just itching for more details on the stage times.

Oh I didn't actually know that, to be honest. Is Kendal Calling any good? I've never been but heard good things.

Yeah it's not long away now and it'd be nice to get some idea of timings. So we're essentially looking at a top two each day on the main stage of:

Underworld/PSB

Jean-Michel Jarre/Air  - with DJ Shadow headlining Orbit/second stage?

Caribou/Everything Everything - with Mercury Rev headlining Orbit/second stage?

From what I can tell anyway.