3 days no camping and accomodation

Hi,

We are very interested in attending the Reading festival but since this is the first time we attend this festival and we arent locals we have some queries.

1. We would like to attend the 3 days but without camping.  The only option I can see is to buy tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday separately. Is that correct or can i still buy campign and not camp?

2. Hotels, there seems to be quite a number of hotels in the vicinity, any recommendations?  We are two young people so not looking for anything really fancy and if possible, walking distance from the fesitval.

thanks in advance :)

The only issue I can see with buying 3 separate days, is once you are in the festival, you cannot go back out during that day.

Also there would be a lot of queuing each day you come in.

However, due to day tickets being quite cheap now, its definitely worth it.

Unsure about hotels.

4 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

You can get a weekend ticket and not camp- I don't live too far away and have done that the last few years as I'm a bit old to camp these days! 

Are you sure? Maybe they changed the rules or maybe its not a strick rule but i found this on reading website...

Untitled.png

Ive bought a weekend ticket and I've not camped since 2004. I suspect forcing you to camp would be a severe infringement of your human rights!

I suspect you'll find hotel prices quite restrictive now, they can be had relatively cheaply in early September post festival, leaving it this late, post lineup, may cause a bit of sticker shock

Ok lets break this down. If you buy 3 day tickets it will cost you £199.50, where as a weekend ticket will cost you £213.

Personally I would just spend the extra £13.50 and get a weekend ticket, as others have said, you don't have to camp but they don't sell any other ticket types "without camping". The benefit of paying the extra money is that you won't have to queue each morning to get your day wristband to get in again, instead you can just walk straight back in with your weekend wristband. Also as someone else pointed out, if you decide to go with the 3x day tickets then once you leave on any of the days you won't be able to get back in again, where as with the weekend ticket you can. 

I can't speak for hotels, but I can imagine that they will be quite busy during the time of the festival with like minded people so I would probably try and book one soon. But of course for the ultimate experience you should camp :)