Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pothead pixie

Rock En Seine 2016

Recommended Posts

Has there been a line up announced for this years edition yet, have been googling but no joy as yet, when do they announce the first acts.

 

Edit:  I see from the 2015 thread that they announced last year on 3rd March.

Edited by pothead pixie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no word from this, it was announced this time last year, I realise if Radiohead headline this there is a good chance they may headline the Picnic the following weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed: Eagles of Death Metal, DIIV.

Rumored: Massive Attack, Muse, Sigur Ros, Radiohead, Clutch, Cage The Elephant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EODM are headlining according to the article that confirmed them, aren't they? I think I'd lean more to opportunistic than honourable on that one..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

EODM are headlining according to the article that confirmed them, aren't they? I think I'd lean more to opportunistic than honourable on that one..

In France, press often makes the confusion between "headliner" and "big name on the bill". Here EoDM have become very famous since the tragedy of November, but they are surely not headliner. Another fest in south of France welcome EoDM and they are sub. So no worries ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a forecast ?

I personally think of Radiohead, Kendrick Lamar and Massive Attack.

But it could be Foals, Disclosure, Sigur Ros also...

For other names I think of Cage The Elephant, The 1975, Last Shadow Puppets, Chvrches, The Vaccines

 

Edit : Radiohead just announce an European Tour, with 2 Zenith for Paris, so right now I think about the possibility (probability 1%) of an exclusivity for The Strokes, I can't believe that Rock en Seine just have Foals for ''rock'' music...

Edited by Rouckos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some reliable sources had this leak :

Vendredi 26 Août 2016 :
– The Last Shadow Puppets
– Eagles of Death Metal
– Two Door Cinema Club
– Birdy Nam Nam
– Caravan Palace
– Breakbot
– Royal Republic

Samedi 27 Août 2016 :
– Massive Attack
– Edward Shape & The Magnetic Zeros
– Sigur Rós
– Bring Me The Horizon
– Wolfmother
– Casseurs Flowters

Dimanche 28 Août 2016 :
– Foals
– Iggy Pop
– Sum 41
– Cassius
– Ghinzu
– Gregory Porter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, herrbap said:

Some reliable sources had this leak :

Vendredi 26 Août 2016 :
– The Last Shadow Puppets
– Eagles of Death Metal
– Two Door Cinema Club
– Birdy Nam Nam
– Caravan Palace
– Breakbot
– Royal Republic

Samedi 27 Août 2016 :
– Massive Attack
– Edward Shape & The Magnetic Zeros
– Sigur Rós
– Bring Me The Horizon
– Wolfmother
– Casseurs Flowters

Dimanche 28 Août 2016 :
– Foals
– Iggy Pop
– Sum 41
– Cassius
– Ghinzu
– Gregory Porter

 

That's shocking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seen a report today where two French festivals, Rock en Seine and Caberet Vert have dropped the Eagles of Death Metal from their line ups due to to Jesse Hughes comments and criticisms of the French strict gun laws.  http://www.nme.com/news/eagles-of-death-metal/93696

Edited by pothead pixie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pothead pixie said:

I seen a report today where two French festivals, Rock en Seine and Caberet Vert have dropped the Eagles of Death Metal from their line ups due to to Jesse Hughes comments and criticisms of the French strict gun laws.  http://www.nme.com/news/eagles-of-death-metal/93696

yep, the man that ran away very fast invents conspiracy theories about others that ran away - or didn't :( - very fast.

If it wasn't so sad it'd be very funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, the man that ran away very fast invents conspiracy theories about others that ran away - or didn't :( - very fast.

If it wasn't so sad it'd be very funny.

the guy is a hardcore trump supporter and republican.

 

he could still be in shock, but i think its more likely hes just a dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...