Download 2017

Hart Attack

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Some agreeable predictions there - that Friday run I could definitely see happening, and PATD seem a good fit for an act to go up against Metallica.

Would say Steel Panther are far too big for 2nd stage headline though - I think they'll sub. Also, fairly inconsequential but Mastodon are almost certain to play whatever day Metallica do as they'll be part of the package for all Metallica's festivals.

I did think the same about Steel Panther, but are they really any bigger than All Time Low? It was either sub or second stage headliner for me. 

Taking on board what you said, maybe shuffle it around a bit to this (whilst hoping they can snag Rancid :P ) 

Blink-182 / Limp Bizkit / Jimmy Eat World 

Of Mice & Men / Refused 

Avenged Sevenfold / Steel Panther / Lamb Of God 

Rancid / Social Distortion 

Metallica / Misfits / Mastodon 

Panic! at The Disco / Pierce The Veil 

Edited by Andre91

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I did think the same about Steel Panther, but are they really any bigger than All Time Low? It was either sub or second stage headliner for me. 

Taking on board what you said, maybe shuffle it around a bit to this (whilst hoping they can snag Rancid :P ) 

Blink-182 / Limp Bizkit / Jimmy Eat World 

Of Mice & Men / Refused 

Avenged Sevenfold / Steel Panther / Lamb Of God 

Rancid / Social Distortion 

Metallica / Misfits / Mastodon 

Panic! at The Disco / Pierce The Veil 

Limp Bizkit to sub, not nowadays!

Rancid at all?....just isn't happening.

JEW are one too high maybe but would justify the new scheme.....maybe!

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Limp Bizkit to sub, not nowadays!

Rancid at all?....just isn't happening.

JEW are one too high maybe but would justify the new scheme.....maybe!

Limp Bizkit could still comfortably sub Download. If they get a new album out, great. If not, they've got more than enough hits to pull the slot off still, like KoRn this year. 

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They're rewarding loyalty with certain amount of money off food/merch next year depending on how many years you've been going. Some people think it'll result in a weaker line up,don't really understand why.

But not off the ticket?

Don't really understand why either

On 12/06/2016 at 4:34 PM, Black_Crow said:

No they definitely wouldn't, they're not being considered to headline any major festival.

Complete bollocks, BMTH should headline Download next year, it's the right time and the right place to start

From what I've heard from a few people, it seems like they're a lock for next year

Currently I'm going BMTH, Metallica, GNR

Plus even if you think BMTH are a weak headliner, pairing em with Metallica and GNR would make the fest look strong anyway

5 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

13243758_1328955577120325_17347020261706

Not sure about some of the placings, Misfits and Rancid should probably drop down a spot, as should Alexisonfire.

Lamb Of God should probably go up a spot.

I also don't think BMTH are going to play Download again until they get a new album out. Why would they headline on the arse end of an album when Download could wait a year and make the booking look much stronger with fresh material?

Edited by The Ghost Of Eddie

2 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

Complete bollocks, BMTH should headline Download next year, it's the right time and the right place to start.

Whether you think they should or not, they're not going to next year.

It's far from being the right time. No new album, toured the last album within an inch of it's life, played every festival going and still didn't headline any. They are a sub-headlining band at the moment, need another album out before they headline.

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Limp Bizkit could still comfortably sub Download. If they get a new album out, great. If not, they've got more than enough hits to pull the slot off still, like KoRn this year. 

They only played 3rd down/heading 2nd last time didnt they?

Yes but Korn were 3rd and played sub due to a fuck up somewhere, it wasn't planned and was a weak booking.

Imagine if BMTH headlined alongside Metallica & GnR. Copping would be promoting it as 'the rise of the new blood' & 'a changing of the guard' & after the festival the punters would be asking why those 2 blokes in their fifties were singing live & the young lad was miming over a backing track.

Would be hilarious.

54 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They only played 3rd down/heading 2nd last time didnt they?

Yes but Korn were 3rd and played sub due to a fuck up somewhere, it wasn't planned and was a weak booking.

They headlined second, but their popularity seems to remain. Their NME headline set at Leeds last year is the best thing I've ever seen in all my years of goin to festivals. It was perfect. 

They would make a decent sub for Blink I think, proper get the crowd going (for that crowd to then be disappointed by Matt Skiba not sounding right at all singing Blink's songs :P ) 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

They headlined second, but their popularity seems to remain. Their NME headline set at Leeds last year is the best thing I've ever seen in all my years of goin to festivals. It was perfect. 

They would make a decent sub for Blink I think, proper get the crowd going (for that crowd to then be disappointed by Matt Skiba not sounding right at all singing Blink's songs :P ) 

But headlining 2nd nowadays isn't subbing main, Lucksalt pointed this out well a while back. There was a lot of sound issue with that NME show though that might have been at Reading....which the sound has a history of being poor anyway! 

A band is always going to sound better inside though. Saw The Cribs in Coventry which was ace but knew straight away outside it wouldn't be the same.

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

I think Tom was the main cause of people hating blink. Awful whiney nasal singing. Matt skiba is the best thing that could have ever happened to that band

Rubbish. Whilst Blink with Matt sound really decent on the new songs, hearing him sing the older material that Tom used to sing so expertly badly (such as Down and I Miss You) has left me and a lot of other hardcore Blink fans feeling flat. 

I like it. But it isn't the same. 

I should have been seeing them this Sunday in America but that went down the shitter :( 

Edited by Andre91

I saw an interview yesterday with Andy Copping ''I mean i'd love to have the reformed Guns N Roses here, who knows, i'm certainly not giving any clues and i haven't booked them but i mean that would be an amazing thing'' Then he arse licked Axl Rose loads, so seems like they're probably his biggest target.

7 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I saw an interview yesterday with Andy Copping ''I mean i'd love to have the reformed Guns N Roses here, who knows, i'm certainly not giving any clues and i haven't booked them but i mean that would be an amazing thing'' Then he arse licked Axl Rose loads, so seems like they're probably his biggest target.

Of course they are, they probably everyone's but he isn't giving them 5m for the show then letting people based on going the last 3 years for example £30 credit towards food etc as ticket would fly. He's doing it that way and not money off the tickets as he knows people over pay for food/drinks etc anyway so let people have the credit on what is not costing a bomb.