Download 2017

Hart Attack

14 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

BMTH aren't big enough to headline, they need a new album out before then, they've toured the UK to death.

Last I heard Metallica wanted to tour their new album when it eventually drops, wouldn't surprise me if they did an arena tour late next year, haven't heard anything about them for quite a while now, last I heard was when I wrote on here that they wanted to take a year off.

Ah Guns, who knows what they will do, last I heard a few months ago; they were planning a stadium tour to celebrate Appetite. If they're still together I can see this happening, unless they get ridiculous offers from festivals.

Fully expecting Sonisphere to be back. 

The only thing i agree with on there is BMTH, Metallica will surely play Download, it's been a while and they need to keep Sonisphere at bay. As for Guns provided they are together i'd be very surprised if Glastonbury didn't get them ahead of Download. Personally think it's going to be: Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica and System Of A Down. System Of A Down is a bit of a stab in the dark but here's hoping.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

The only thing i agree with on there is BMTH, Metallica will surely play Download, it's been a while and they need to keep Sonisphere at bay. As for Guns provided they are together i'd be very surprised if Glastonbury didn't get them ahead of Download. Personally think it's going to be: Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica and System Of A Down. System Of A Down is a bit of a stab in the dark but here's hoping.

Glastonbury wouldn't pay anywhere near Guns n' Roses asking price.

Reading & Leeds maybe, but not Glastonbury. 

Metallica
Misfits (very special guests) 
Lamb Of God
Mastodon
Hatebreed
Sikth
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
Northlane

Panic! At The Disco
Pierce The Veil
Mallory Knox 

letlive.

Bring Me The Horizon
Limp Bizkit
Jimmy Eat World
Papa Roach
Modestep
Crossfaith
Issues
Tonight Alive
Creeper 

Rancid
Social Distortion
New Found Glory 

Carcass

Guns 'N Roses
Steel Panther
Alice In Chains
Opeth 
Wolfmother
Cancer Bats
Kvelertak
Beartooth

Of Mice & Men
Refused
While She Sleeps

Sum 41 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Metallica
Lamb Of God
Mastodon
Hatebreed
Sikth
Northlane

Panic! At The Disco
Pierce The Veil
Mallory Knox 

letlive.

Bring Me The Horizon
Limp Bizkit
Jimmy Eat World
Papa Roach
Modestep
Crossfaith
Issues
Tonight Alive
Creeper 

Rancid
Social Distortion
New Found Glory 

Carcass

Guns 'N Roses
Steel Panther
Alice In Chains
Opeth 
Wolfmother
Cancer Bats
Kvelertak
Beartooth

Of Mice & Men
Refused
While She Sleeps

Sum 41 

Get Kvelertak and Opeth on that Friday (instead of Hatebreed and Frank Carter) and I'd be all over a Friday ticket!

That Saturday though is arse!! (Though I'd go see Crossfaith and Rancid...)

Are we sure Misfits would be that high?  Maybe a second stage headliner?  I get it's a reunion of sorts but it seems over ambitious... 

Edited by thegremlin_1999

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Metallica

Lamb Of God
Mastodon
Hatebreed
Sikth
Northlane

Panic! At The Disco
Pierce The Veil
Mallory Knox 

letlive.

Bring Me The Horizon
Limp Bizkit
Jimmy Eat World
Papa Roach

Modestep
Crossfaith
Issues
Tonight Alive
Creeper 

Rancid
Social Distortion
New Found Glory 

Carcass

Guns 'N Roses
Steel Panther
Alice In Chains
Opeth 
Wolfmother
Cancer Bats
Kvelertak
Beartooth

Of Mice & Men
Refused

While She Sleeps

Sum 41 

Misfits wouldn't be that high, despite it being a reunion. Third from the top or second stage headliner i would say.

3 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

Don't be surprised in the Autumn, when Maiden get announced for Hellfest, Rock am Ring, Nova Rock, Greenfield and Sonisphere.

If Maiden touring next year, festivals you mentioned are the ones that they haven't played this year.

France - DL France, no Hellfest. Next year possible

Germany - Wacken & Rockavaria. RaR obvious option for next year

Austria - Rock n Vienna. Next year Nova Rock. Why not?

anyone can say the same thing about Rammstein or Volbeat. Check the festivals they skipped this year and write a post about them playing there next year. 

I'm not so much thinking BMTH anymore after their Glastonbury placing. I know it's a completely different gig but it just seems a ridiculously low spot for a band with their sights set on the big time. Anyone agree with that?

Can see Biffy headlining Download next year. I don't think any other major will have them headline and that'll be a way for FR to keep them at headline level for the album after this upcoming one.

As usual tho, there seems to be twenty-odd bands that look to be readying new material or tours that could headline and then they by the time Download are about to announce there are only four headliners touring - including Def Leppard. :lol:

23 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'm not so much thinking BMTH anymore after their Glastonbury placing. I know it's a completely different gig but it just seems a ridiculously low spot for a band with their sights set on the big time. Anyone agree with that?

Can see Biffy headlining Download next year. I don't think any other major will have them headline and that'll be a way for FR to keep them at headline level for the album after this upcoming one.

As usual tho, there seems to be twenty-odd bands that look to be readying new material or tours that could headline and then they by the time Download are about to announce there are only four headliners touring - including Def Leppard. :lol:

yeah i didn't think BMTH were all that likely anyway what with 2017 being the third year of touring That's The Spirit. probably do it on their next album, possibly the year after. Biffy's a good shout though - really isn't anywhere left for them to go unless TITP is willing to give them another shot

i guess as always we can assume that Metallica may well be in the running to be one, especially as you'd assume the new album must be coming out within the next year. been 8 years since Death Magnetic!

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i didn't think BMTH were all that likely anyway what with 2017 being the third year of touring That's The Spirit. probably do it on their next album, possibly the year after. Biffy's a good shout though - really isn't anywhere left for them to go unless TITP is willing to give them another shot

i guess as always we can assume that Metallica may well be in the running to be one, especially as you'd assume the new album must be coming out within the next year. been 8 years since Death Magnetic!

Biffy are nailed on for TITP surely?, being Scottish I'd say it's a stick on and Metallica for an easy booking.

I don't think it'll be BMTH but after that info something just as shite like A7X.