Confirmed CP16 artists

SeñorSpoon

Hey all,

JimHxn here, stuck with the username I signed up with in high school. Sigh.

But here we go, possibly the first artist confirmation of the year? The wonderful Chouk Bwa Libete seem to think they're playing at least: http://www.womex.com/virtual/enthusiast_music/chouk_bwa_libete/tour_planner/summer_tour_2016

They were amazing at WOMEX last year, joint highlight for myself and a brilliant pick for WOMAD. The line-up's looking great already! :lol:

11 minutes ago, DorsetHelen said:

I have bought a 'festival raincoat' , all flowery and festive-like, and I have my rainbow umbrella! So I hoping that this great financial expenditure on wet weather clothes will guarantee wall to wall sunshine! 

Don't gets me started on the umbrella thing :D 

1 hour ago, DorsetHelen said:

I have bought a 'festival raincoat' , all flowery and festive-like, and I have my rainbow umbrella! So I hoping that this great financial expenditure on wet weather clothes will guarantee wall to wall sunshine! 

Last time I was there (2014) I actually took my coat with me for the first time ever and I felt one raindrop land on me over the entire weekend! It does seem to work :)

20 hours ago, nigenet said:

Last time I was there (2014) I actually took my coat with me for the first time ever and I felt one raindrop land on me over the entire weekend! It does seem to work :)

Ah, the power of nigenet's amazing technweather coat!  Please don't forget to bring it this year, I need to work on my tan! :)

Edited by Silkenstress

My rainbow umbrella never goes anywhere near a stage so it's not one of those nasty umbrellas we all hate. And shush ...I'm going to whisper this so as not to jinx anything....we actually bought it to use as a sunshade outside the tent after the glorious Womad of 2014. I don't know what the quote box is doing there btw or how it got there 

Edited by DorsetHelen

Official announcement tomorrow :rolleyes: But here are some early-birds:

Baaba Maal (Senegal)
George Clinton (US)
Sidestepper (UK/Colombia)
Ibrahim Maalouf (Lebanon)
Hot 8 Brass Band (US)
Aziza Brahim  (Western Sahara)
The Grit Orchestra (UK)
Baloji (Congo)
Pat Thomas (Ghana)
Desert Slide (India)

Taken from http://myinforms.com/en/a/25274988-womad-2016-the-19-best-acts-youve-never-heard-of-plus-one/

Edited by sicgoe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Getting more interesting by the day; if Konono No 1 are as good as they were at Reading all those years ago, 12?, that will be one of the highlights for me. Good to see some throat singing on the bill, I reckon they should have some every year. It's starting to look like a great weekend, all we need is dry weather.

• 1 month later...