Jump to content
FrankieX

New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

Recommended Posts

Was thinking of treating myself to a fresh & black this year to make sleeping between Oxfam shifts easier. Might just hold out til they make a bigger one of that sexy beast (4 man please decathlon, preferably with a porch🤞).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Was thinking of treating myself to a fresh & black this year to make sleeping between Oxfam shifts easier. Might just hold out til they make a bigger one of that sexy beast (4 man please decathlon, preferably with a porch🤞).

hold fire you may well get some offers coming through ... maybe just the old ranges though ... they will potentially have quite a bit of stock that needs clearing ... dependent on when they make them for festival season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

hold fire you may well get some offers coming through ... maybe just the old ranges though ... they will potentially have quite a bit of stock that needs clearing ... dependent on when they make them for festival season 

I might as well hold fire because I'm not going to need it this year now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly what I needed today.  Tent Porn.  I've not purchased a new tent this year.

 

 

 

Yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... not quite enough for me to buy it over the 2019  3 man pop up I have now. Bloody love that tent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I want one of these, but bigger, ideally with a porch.

For me a porch is essential, especially for a wet year. Hopefully they will have one ready for 2021. A lie in after a night shift would be heaven 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That tent is incredible. I bought a new one for this year which hasn't even been put up yet (doing that tomorrow actually) but if they make one big enough to stand up in by next years festival I'll be all over that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only got my Fresh & Black 3-man pop up in 2016, so I think I'll squeeze another year or two out of it, but I definitely want one of these. Probably a 3-man version of this one, which would be a nice balance between size and weight for me. Being able to strap my tent onto my rucksack would be such a relief after over a decade of using popup tents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrankieX said:

I only got my Fresh & Black 3-man pop up in 2016, so I think I'll squeeze another year or two out of it, but I definitely want one of these. Probably a 3-man version of this one, which would be a nice balance between size and weight for me. Being able to strap my tent onto my rucksack would be such a relief after over a decade of using popup tents.

I wonder if it allows them more flexibility in terms of shape - popup tents are a bit square. As much as I love my 3 man, it's not quite long enough for me to sleep comfortably, despite bags of space on either side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wonder if it allows them more flexibility in terms of shape - popup tents are a bit square. As much as I love my 3 man, it's not quite long enough for me to sleep comfortably, despite bags of space on either side.

Go at 45 degrees, surely?

Edited by incident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pricey, but nice.  I saw one of these way back in 2013 when I was camped in south park and have never previously found a supplier in the UK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Go Outdoors looks to be going into administration

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53127083

I just found that out from 3 different sources within the space of an hour or so ... might Be a bargain or two available there ... always found their stuff very good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got my eye on the eurohike avon with the additional darker inner tent if there's a clearance sale.  Shame for them but I need a new tent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Someone didn't quite understand Air tents. reply from Decathlon is remarkably restrained.

The person complaining was aged between 20-29 and had 6 kids. I’m not sure if they know the meaning of restraint anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...