New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

Air tents are great. It’s a five minute, one man job undertaken while whistling and enjoying myself, instead of two people swearing at each other and pissing around with poles just too big to fit into the little nylon envelope holey bit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

Happy to report Fresh and Black did the job this morning, slept in till 8.30!

Ditto, arrived on site yesterday. It's been a god send so far. First time I managed to sleep through the morning sun. Cooling vents working a treat.

The side and back vents combined with the wind we had at times were a dream!

I've had my F&B for a while but always used it at festivals where there wasn't much of a breeze so never really felt the benefit of the vents as much as I did this Glasto. You lose some of the light-proofing, but I made up for that with an eye mask.

I've had mine for a while but actually managed to nap in the day/evening before Bicep on sunday! Was better than i remember - although i must say, glasto has very stony/bumpy ground!

Fresh and Black still going strong after about 7 years now. The blackout material is so good. Might need to upgrade to a bigger one though in the future (if we don’t do WV), the 3 man is just starting to feel too cramped and uncomfortable. 

Absolute life saver. Add the inflatable bed frames from decathlon so the bumpy ground isn't an issue and moving from Hitchin Hill to a flat campsite (Bushy this year) meant I got so much more sleep and had so much more energy each day. Loved it. Actually enjoyed camping for once! (new sleeping bag also helped there)

My tent was a bit damp when I put it away so I put it up in the garden to dry out when I got home and I found that one of the poles has split.  I've only used it twice!  Have contacted Decathlon via Twitter and they suggested I need a replacement pole (it wasn't clear whether they just expected me to order one).  I have said I want the whole length replaced which I don't think is unreasonable given it's only just over a month old!  I don't think I should be expected to have to dismantle the length and rethread the elastic.  Waiting to hear what their "expert" has to say.

Other than that and the stupid carrying handle, I was pretty pleased with it.

46 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Other than that and the stupid carrying handle, I was pretty pleased with it.

I actually carry my F&B tent inside a bag from an older Quechua 2 seconds popup because it has loops like this all round it. This allows me to attach a holdall strap, which makes it significantly easier to lug around. Unfortunately, for some reason they stopped adding them to the bags a long time ago... سري شيء مكبر الصوت stan quechua 2 seconds - heritagebaptistspringfield.org

14 hours ago, FrankieX said:

I actually carry my F&B tent inside a bag from an older Quechua 2 seconds popup because it has loops like this all round it. This allows me to attach a holdall strap, which makes it significantly easier to lug around. Unfortunately, for some reason they stopped adding them to the bags a long time ago... سري شيء مكبر الصوت stan quechua 2 seconds - heritagebaptistspringfield.org

Mine is the poled version and for some reason they thought it was a good idea to put the handle at the end so you carry it vertically - which doesn't work at all if you're short and it drags on the ground!  And even someone who was considerably taller than me said it was really uncomfortable to carry like that.

image.png.3a028ca27dad4768b9ac82a678518852.png

Yeah I’ll add to the chorus. Game changer for sure. 

Amused me on Weds this year, I’d just come back from a second trip to the car and was melting. Decided to sit in the shade of the porch for a bit of relief - chap walking past said “You’ll be even hotter in there mate!”

I just smiled smugly. 😁