New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

i tend to open all the mozzy net flaps inside to brighten it a bit inside, and i have fairy lights hanging from the inner/outer gap, but agreed - at nighttime it really is bloody dark! Looking forward to further testing out the fresh element, with the mixture of sunshine and showers we're almost certainly due - i love that sound of rain on a tent when im all cosy . . . 

4 hours ago, Skelts said:

I’ve used mine twice, had the same issue the first time (although it didn’t take 2hrs!) but it was noticeably easier the second time. Hoping it’ll be even easier next time round. 
Maybe put it up again before the festival? And leave it up as long as you can, to stretch the fabric?

Nice idea. I'm not sure I'll get round to putting it up again, especially as it's 30°...

11 hours ago, Skelts said:

I’ve used mine twice, had the same issue the first time (although it didn’t take 2hrs!) but it was noticeably easier the second time. Hoping it’ll be even easier next time round. 
Maybe put it up again before the festival? And leave it up as long as you can, to stretch the fabric?

Leaving it up and stretching it is a genius idea - thank you! Unfortunately we travel westwards at the weekend thanks to the train strikes so unlikely to have an opportunity but that is definitely the issue we faced on the middle pole.

It took us two hours as we were both dying of hay fever and our hands were sore from our attempts. We were also trying to watch videos for some tips but reached the conclusion brute force was the way.

13 hours ago, sam1981 said:

Don't. This is my nightmare. I struggled with my test run too and have to set it up solo. Well, with my 7 year old and I'm sure he'll lose interest within 5 mins.

Can you stop by Wickets camping on weds afternoon to give me a hand? 😜

Haha I would but I think (hope!) I'll be at a bar by then! Honestly, just find a neighbour to help. We found it was not exactly easier but at least possible with both of us, both hands and a lot of strength. I would suggest leaving it to the young one but you may be sleeping in an extra sleeping bag layer if you did that!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, sam1981 said:

Don't. This is my nightmare. I strugglednwith my test run too and have to set it up solo. Well, with my 7 year old and I'm sure he'll lose interest within 5 mins.

Can you stop by Wickets camping on weds afternoon to give me a hand? 😜

We'll be at Wickets on Wed afternoon. If you need a hand look out for a beige f&b 4.1 air (blue ones were out of stock) 👍

18 minutes ago, Adam75 said:

We'll be at Wickets on Wed afternoon. If you need a hand look out for a beige f&b 4.1 air (blue ones were out of stock) 👍

Judging by the tent trends this year this could stand to be almost as useless as "I'm stood by a flag" 😆

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Maybe too late to order. 5 to 6 days quoted by Next and leaving on Wed at 8am. What do you think?

That bad? I did an order to collect on Asda Wednesday afternoon and it's already ready to pick it up.

Edited by AlexOvd

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Maybe too late to order. 5 to 6 days quoted by Next and leaving on Wed at 8am. What do you think?

Having been debating it for a few days it went from 3-4 days on Tuesday to 5-6 on Weds which panicked me. Bought one straight away and the wording in the email was: "will be with you by Tuesday 21st". Hence I think if you ordered today that would become Thursday 23rd so definitely no guarantee it would come in time unfortunately. 

welcome aboard, all new converts - you are all now ONE OF US and we can smile beautifically through well-rested and cool eyes at each other. I'll be giving each f&b tent i walk past a reassuring pat on the bottom (which sounds like itll take bloody ages, we're all in em)

Yes, it's that simple. The supports for the tents are 'air tubes'. You need a pump to blow up the tent to pitch it. No poles needed. They are more expensive and more heavier.

2 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

I think so, is that what it does, replace the poles?

Not all Fresh and Black are air - I have one with poles as I only need a small one and didn't fancy having to lug a pump around as well.  And some others are pop up.  But they all have the F&B technology

On 6/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, MoonBuggy said:

I'd be wary of taking an inflatable to a festival - one person brushes too close with a lit cig in their hand and it's game over. 

Not a chance of a cigarette piercing the air poles unless someone deliberately tries to burn it. Taken my air tent to more festivals than I can count and never had an issue, would never go back to poles. 

2 hours ago, ErnestWorthing said:

It seems like it’s inventing a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist?

Nah, air tents are absolutely brilliant.

We went camping with mates a couple of years ago - both with big family tents, but theirs was a blow-up, ours is poled.

They were all set up & opening beers before we’d even got the poles threaded. 😬

45 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Nah, air tents are absolutely brilliant.

We went camping with mates a couple of years ago - both with big family tents, but theirs was a blow-up, ours is poled.

They were all set up & opening beers before we’d even got the poles threaded. 😬

Invested in an air tent after our pole tent was flattened in a storm, poles broken, stretched out of shape etc. Air tent just bounces back!

I appreciate that a pole tent with stronger poles would also work, but they are heavier and just as costly if not more