New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

2 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

is there any place in london where i can get the fresh & black tent from? preferably the popup one...coming in from overseas so need to get the tent only few days prior

Decathlon have a few locations in london, you could use their website and purchase to pick up from one of the stores.. i am about 400 miles further north, so not the best person to advise which one would be easier to access.. the website should show where has it in stock etc. soneone more local may be able to give better advice. 🙂 good morning!

6 hours ago, garc1a said:

next thing i need to think on is how i zone out the sound of the SE corner that we are camped just a bit too closely to. 

Try these, they’re excellent at blocking out noise 

https://genhealthcare.co.uk/pic-solution-ear-plug-anti-noise-calmor-20-pieces.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4uaUBhC8ARIsANUuDjXWV4nm-97PETpdcW4oW30u_-iEwCmM9qNErjw5TWkJ4yPpHRVAMGIaAqLgEALw_wcB

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, defrio29 said:

is there any place in london where i can get the fresh & black tent from? preferably the popup one...coming in from overseas so need to get the tent only few days prior

surrey quays has a big Decathlon store with convenient free parking. They have all the tents erected inside too.

what will you do with the tent afterwards?

11 hours ago, The Other Steve said:

All of sudden watching with interest as my Coleman 3 Man Pop-Up Dome which I loved flooded in Ullswater this week with the rain so on the market for a new one.  Must have a leak somewhere.

Are the F&B tents decent when it comes to waterproof rating?

This is measured by “hydrostatic head” you should be able to check the rating of both the groundsheet and flysheet and compare to other tents.

6 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

How reliable are Decathlon's delivery times? Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday 20th June which is cutting it a bit fine...

I ordered a camp bed from them a week ago, estimated delivery 13 June. Got the dispatch email yesterday and a text this morning saying it'll be delivered this afternoon.

7 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

How reliable are Decathlon's delivery times? Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday 20th June which is cutting it a bit fine...

I got my tent on time as advertised, took three days, I think I paid £8 for fast delivery.

In my area they used DPD 

I don't understand why yours is such a long time. It seems more of a waiting for stock problem, rather than a time to deliver one.

32 minutes ago, The Other Steve said:

Used this exact model for 2017, 2019 and 2 Latitude festivals in between - would hugely recommend. Latitude 2021 saw it retired with too many holes, replaced by the 2 man XL version (looked at the 3 man XL but the turtle shell bag is HUGE). Always an advocate of the F+B, changed the game when I bought this one before 2017 and never looked back. 

13 hours ago, garc1a said:

thanks to this thread... and Late in the day i have opted to join the F n B crew. I have opted for the 3 person poled tent with the porch at £89.99 from decathlon... .then i couldn't walk past the Vango self inflating mattress which was another £80 i think.  volunteering in the bars, need my sleep when i can get it and hoping this solves many problems. 

next thing i need to think on is how i zone out the sound of the SE corner that we are camped just a bit too closely to. 

I’d recommend good ear plugs. A lot of people don’t seem to bring them to festivals but I now consider them to be essential. You can get silicone ones in pharmacies which can be moulded to the shape of your ear canal and they block out almost all noise. With these and F&B tent you can good sleep. 

9 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

Used this exact model for 2017, 2019 and 2 Latitude festivals in between - would hugely recommend. Latitude 2021 saw it retired with too many holes, replaced by the 2 man XL version (looked at the 3 man XL but the turtle shell bag is HUGE). Always an advocate of the F+B, changed the game when I bought this one before 2017 and never looked back. 

I was in decathlon for hours earlier pondering over this and the XL and it was the size of the bag that made my decision.  Glad to hear the fantastic review 👍

23 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

I got the pop-up 3 XL and can confirm the packed up size is daft. The bag has a handle but no idea why because I'm 6ft odd and it still drags the tent on the floor.

One big benefit is that does have a small porch area unlike the smaller versions I think? essential for removing muddy shoes when it inevitably lashes it down.

11 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on how to pronounce Quechua please? 

Spanish spelling of a South American word used by a French company selling tents in the UK.  Take your pick on the pronunciation!

Done a trial run yesterday and maybe because I hadn't zipped the outer door completely shut (although I can't see it making massive improvements even if it was as the light was coming in from all angles) but I was a little disappointed in how dark it was. I had a coleman blackout tent last time but it sadly broke (returned it and got a refund thankfully) but it was a lot darker and it felt cooler inside compared. I do love how tall it stands though so that's one plus, and I'll try camp with the door facing away from sunrise. It is what it is.

IMG_0770.JPG

Edited by D-Low
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FrancisH said:

I got the pop-up 3 XL and can confirm the packed up size is daft. The bag has a handle but no idea why because I'm 6ft odd and it still drags the tent on the floor.

One big benefit is that does have a small porch area unlike the smaller versions I think? essential for removing muddy shoes when it inevitably lashes it down.

I have the regular 3-man popup disc F&B tent from 2016, but use the bag from a previous Decathlon popup which has loops dotted around the disc instead. This means that I am able to attach a holdall strap to it and carry it across my shoulders. I genuinely have no idea how I'd get it to Glastonbury if I was using the standard bag it came with, since the straps are too small to comfortably sit on the shoulder and the bag too tall to carry comfortably without dragging on the floor. It's one of the reasons that my next tent (F&B, of course) will likely be a standard poled version rather than a popup.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

Done a trial run yesterday and maybe because I hadn't zipped the outer door completely shut (although I can't see it making massive improvements even if it was as the light was coming in from all angles) but I was a little disappointed in how dark it was. I had a coleman blackout tent last time but it sadly broke (returned it and got a refund thankfully) but it was a lot darker and it felt cooler inside compared. I do love how tall it stands though so that's one plus, and I'll try camp with the door facing away from sunrise. It is what it is.

IMG_0770.JPG

this was my trial run at noon, 3 man poled, dunno why yours is so light 

3A887104-C800-4DAA-B893-7FF0172EF16B.jpeg