New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

On 5/25/2022 at 9:27 AM, Brownie30 said:

Not to worry @joeltg - FWIW the customer service reps over the phone were really helpful, sounded more like it was a supplier issue they had no control over. (AKA as @crazyfool1 says, Efests has bought them all)

Exactly the same scenario, really helpful but cannot fulfill the order so have gone direct to Decathlon. 

On 5/24/2022 at 8:00 PM, drjonnybananas said:

Does anyone own this one?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/3-person-blackout-poled-tent-mh100xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-331796?mc=8641758&c=BROWN_BEIGE

Am very close to pulling the trigger but thought I'd ask if anyone has this specific one. It doesn't have many reviews compared to the others on Decathlon's website. 

The alternative is the 3 man pop-up but I viewed it in store today and the bag is a bit more of a pain to carry around!

I have that, took it to Glasto in 2019, was excellent.

Also have the 2 man F&B pop up that I took in 2017 but my other half came for the first time in 2019 and no way were we both fitting in that! It became such a talking point in our group that we were referred to as 'fresh and black'... I think we were a bit smug during the heat that our tent was 'just about bearable for a few mins' rather than 'raging furnace'

1 hour ago, Bruceyy said:

I have that, took it to Glasto in 2019, was excellent.

Also have the 2 man F&B pop up that I took in 2017 but my other half came for the first time in 2019 and no way were we both fitting in that! It became such a talking point in our group that we were referred to as 'fresh and black'... I think we were a bit smug during the heat that our tent was 'just about bearable for a few mins' rather than 'raging furnace'

Haha! Love it. 

Assume the one I linked is a more recent version than yours if you had it back in 2019? I'm going to put the order in this weekend, looking forward to giving it a test run.

After checking over our old tent yesterday, we have decided to join the f&b family a yr early. The old tent lasted 11yrs and many festivals and camping trips. It's worn out and the family have grown!  F&B 5.2 here we come!

12 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Posted else where but incase anyone is looking at size ect, I am 5.8 or 172cm, £167 from Asda, Fresh and Black, 4.1

4C2A93CC-3105-4913-B113-207F4A1C6FC6.jpeg

D218CBA0-21C3-4D86-B52C-53140A804FED.jpeg

3D21A696-6FF7-42C8-A392-2640719EA554.jpeg

0FCBB865-97FB-4650-8EC9-FE1B69DACD47.jpeg

33F48E42-29EB-4E48-9DF4-BF0C3D4AACAD.jpeg

F4B46BF0-40FA-4084-8DD5-41A9F992F0EF.jpeg

2D58B03F-52E5-478A-ABF7-A094A7B35A08.jpeg

2AB1467E-F5C1-4845-A388-3627731C85B4.jpeg

Great pics thanks Wayne, if only I had seen this three days ago, I pa.......

As I typed the above, there was a knock on my door and the tent was delivered!!!

Anyway, I paid an extra £21 from the Decathlon website,

No big deal, my turn to set it out in the garden 😃

3 hours ago, waynewdk said:

Posted else where but incase anyone is looking at size ect, I am 5.8 or 172cm, £167 from Asda, Fresh and Black, 4.1

4C2A93CC-3105-4913-B113-207F4A1C6FC6.jpeg

D218CBA0-21C3-4D86-B52C-53140A804FED.jpeg

3D21A696-6FF7-42C8-A392-2640719EA554.jpeg

0FCBB865-97FB-4650-8EC9-FE1B69DACD47.jpeg

33F48E42-29EB-4E48-9DF4-BF0C3D4AACAD.jpeg

F4B46BF0-40FA-4084-8DD5-41A9F992F0EF.jpeg

2D58B03F-52E5-478A-ABF7-A094A7B35A08.jpeg

2AB1467E-F5C1-4845-A388-3627731C85B4.jpeg

Bloody hell Wayne, I had some difficulty putting the 2nd end of the poles into their slot/cylinders ! So much so I had to get my son to help. I was really afraid something was going to tear or rip.

Did you have the same trouble? Do you reckon the fabric may stretch over time if I leave it up?

Also above the inner tent I noticed some tiny pin pricks of light showing through the outer tent as if there were some micro holes. I'm looking forward to the rain with trepidation.

I wont bother with pics, you've got that covered, but here's just the one. I have folded the front of the ground sheet under it's self.  Means you can keep the door folded up in light rain without puddles forming. Also it's a great place to stand, holding onto the top while you pull off your muddy wellies. But of course we know it'll be a dry one this year 🙂

DSC_1441.jpg

38 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Bloody hell Wayne, I had some difficulty putting the 2nd end of the poles into their slot/cylinders ! So much so I had to get my son to help. I was really afraid something was going to tear or rip.

Did you have the same trouble? Do you reckon the fabric may stretch over time if I leave it up?

Also above the inner tent I noticed some tiny pin pricks of light showing through the outer tent as if there were some micro holes. I'm looking forward to the rain with trepidation.

I wont bother with pics, you've got that covered, but here's just the one. I have folded the front of the ground sheet under it's self.  Means you can keep the door folded up in light rain without puddles forming. Also it's a great place to stand, holding onto the top while you pull off your muddy wellies. But of course we know it'll be a dry one this year 🙂

DSC_1441.jpg

That’s a good idea with the sheet roll back, yeah same here was hard to get the rods in, once if we can shave a little of the rods or the holes them self, 

41 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

That’s a good idea with the sheet roll back, yeah same here was hard to get the rods in, once if we can shave a little of the rods or the holes them self, 

1 hour ago, Staberinde said:

I have the same model and had the same issue the first time I used it. I used it a second time last weekend and it was noticeably easier so I’m hoping it’ll continue to improve 

On 5/27/2022 at 4:30 PM, joeltg said:

Exactly the same scenario, really helpful but cannot fulfill the order so have gone direct to Decathlon. 

I was lucky with mine and must have bought one of the last ones from Next. Strangely they are shipped from Decathlon anyway but cheaper on Next.

2 hours ago, waynewdk said:

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

I have the same model and had the same issue the first time I used it. I used it a second time last weekend and it was noticeably easier so I’m hoping it’ll continue to improve 

That's good to know, I hope mine will become easier with use.

2 hours ago, Staberinde said:

That's good to know, I hope mine will become easier with use.

I bought the 5.2 and had a nightmare getting the poles in on my test run. Never had such an issue with other tents over the years. I assumed it was my tent, or me being stupid, given everyone raves about these tents - so good to know it's not just me. 

I'm going to be putting it up with my 7 year old son as my only help, so praying it's easier next time! 😶

I had attempt no. 3 at putting my F&B up today. I just about managed to get the poles in the caps by myself, but that was only by bracing the poles on my shoes whilst pulling the fabric down as hard as I could with both hands. Never known anything like it!

And that was after having it up for a week in the garage to stretch the fabric out!

PXL_20220529_182708687.jpg

Edited by deepkittycaz

6 hours ago, snipe said:

It's an inner first pitch. Sure your putting the poles into the inner tent not the outer?

Is that to me? It's definitely not inner pitch first!

It's this tent Link 

A lot of reviews have the same problem as me, but say it eases up over time. Presumably it's also men putting the tents up rather than a short woman!

Edited by deepkittycaz

10 hours ago, sam1981 said:

I bought the 5.2 and had a nightmare getting the poles in on my test run. Never had such an issue with other tents over the years. I assumed it was my tent, or me being stupid, given everyone raves about these tents - so good to know it's not just me. 

I'm going to be putting it up with my 7 year old son as my only help, so praying it's easier next time! 😶

We are still undecided between 4.2 (air)and 5.2.(poles) does the 5.2 seem big? How is the space in the front area? - it seems narrow on the measurements and is smaller than the 4.2 (5m Vs 6.5m)

44 minutes ago, Adam75 said:

We are still undecided between 4.2 (air)and 5.2.(poles) does the 5.2 seem big? How is the space in the front area? - it seems narrow on the measurements and is smaller than the 4.2 (5m Vs 6.5m)

I went to Decathlon and saw the Air 4.2 for a comparison. The main reason we went for the 5.2 is the way the sleeping are is setup your head is inside the tent near the living area. With the 4.2 you sleep across it so there's a chance and my wife was paranoid of someone tripping/bashing into us. 😄

Anyway, front area of 5.2 is not that deep, but it's very wide and adequate for 3 of us. I don't remember thinking the 4.2 was particularly roomier. 

3 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

I went to Decathlon and saw the Air 4.2 for a comparison. The main reason we went for the 5.2 is the way the sleeping are is setup your head is inside the tent near the living area. With the 4.2 you sleep across it so there's a chance and my wife was paranoid of someone tripping/bashing into us. 😄

Anyway, front area of 5.2 is not that deep, but it's very wide and adequate for 3 of us. I don't remember thinking the 4.2 was particularly roomier. 

Thanks Sam. We are 4 and thinking the bigger sleeping area is necessary or at least will be in coming yes as they get bigger! I was hoping to see both tents in Decathlon to compare. 

Mihht do some more measuring and then make a decision!