New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

They look nice but £100 for an airbed that my long legs won’t fit on means it’s a pass from me. No options for a double bed either. 

I’ve got a thermarest base camp. You’d probably get your legs on the diagonal. Lasted 10 years so far. I dread to think how much they cost now though. And I’m a short arse so it’s luxury 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

They look nice but £100 for an airbed that my long legs won’t fit on means it’s a pass from me. No options for a double bed either. 

The actual thermarest ones are steep alright (though I have to say worth every penny, been my staple at countless festivals over the years!). But my wife isn't really a camper, she'll come along sometimes, but a weekend at the Monart with the girls instead is more her cup of tea...so, I got a cheaper vango one for when she is with me, and I give her the thermarest, and to be honest, there's not a lot of difference (apart from the price!)...the insulation makes for a much warmer sleep. I swore by airbeds til I got one. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vango-Adventure-Self-Inflating-Camping-Standard/dp/B007NAEI80/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SWWCXHM3WCDS&keywords=vango%2Bcamping%2Bmat&qid=1650917444&sprefix=vango%2Bcamping%2Bmat%2Caps%2C54&sr=8-1&th=1

2 hours ago, waynewdk said:

Does anyone know any Decathlon discount codes. I type it in Google, and it comes up with discount sites, and they give you a link to follow, but not sure what is a legit link or not, thanks

They don't do them, Next has some fresh and blacks on their website though 🙂 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, waynewdk said:

Does anyone know any Decathlon discount codes. I type it in Google, and it comes up with discount sites, and they give you a link to follow, but not sure what is a legit link or not, thanks

A long shot… try creating a new account with them (don’t place your order though).

Some places will offer a ‘welcome’ discount to new customers. I’ve no idea if decathlon do this but it can’t hurt to try eh?

• Thanks 1

Just now, ErnestWorthing said:

I did try a self inflating mat one year but didn't get on with it, wasn't thick enough against the hard floor.  Has technology moved them on?

Very dependent on what type of SIM you're talking about. The lightweight ones for hiking aren't that comfortable but there's only so much comfort you can achieve when prioritising every last gram... And if you were on an extended hike, you'd appreciate the weight saving 😉

The thicker more luxurious ones OTOH are pretty much as good as a proper mattress. I have a Vango 15cm one and it's absolute heaven to sleep on. Trade off of course is weight & cost!

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Very dependent on what type of SIM you're talking about. The lightweight ones for hiking aren't that comfortable but there's only so much comfort you can achieve when prioritising every last gram... And if you were on an extended hike, you'd appreciate the weight saving 😉

The thicker more luxurious ones OTOH are pretty much as good as a proper mattress. I have a Vango 15cm one and it's absolute heaven to sleep on. Trade off of course is weight & cost!

Fair enough, that does look like a much better thickness and probably loads more comfortable.  However for the price I think I'll put up with having to add a bit more air to my airbed every couple of days! 🙂

1 minute ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Fair enough, that does look like a much better thickness and probably loads more comfortable.  However for the price I think I'll put up with having to add a bit more air to my airbed every couple of days! 🙂

😆😆 im thinking the exact same thing right now as well

2 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Yeah, they are a bit pricy - think I got a deal when I bought ours. Luxurious mats were a condition of my wife agreeing to go camping! 😂

Just as a point of comparison, it's much more comfortable than any camping airbed I've ever used - the foam interior gives it more support and takes away that uneasy bouncy feel. 

It's happened...

After much deliberation, I've Just purchased this beauty! - 4 person blackout poled tent - Arpenaz 4.1 Fresh&Black QUECHUA - Decathlon

(I really did want to go for the air version but had to decide against because I really need to consider weight and size due to coming via air)

cant wait to check it out 😃

12 minutes ago, Dan Eazy said:

It's happened...

After much deliberation, I've Just purchased this beauty! - 4 person blackout poled tent - Arpenaz 4.1 Fresh&Black QUECHUA - Decathlon

(I really did want to go for the air version but had to decide against because I really need to consider weight and size due to coming via air)

every morning you'll awake, refreshed and bathed in the cool dark air, and you'll thank yourself and every single one of the sad people (myself included, of course) who have been extolling the virtues of this fine beast. One of us! One of us! One of us! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Dan Eazy said:

It's happened...

Congrats chief 💪

27 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

every morning you'll awake, refreshed and bathed in the cool dark air, and you'll thank yourself and every single one of the sad people (myself included, of course) who have been extolling the virtues of this fine beast. One of us! One of us! One of us! 

I'm looking forward to the feedback on here post-festival (maybe even during!)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dan Eazy said:

It's happened...

Just got one myself, trying it out this weekend, I’ll report back. Hoping for good things 🤞

• Like 1