New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

On a kind of related topic - does anyone have any experience of getting tents repaired? My fresh and black inflatable has a small tear in the outer skin and the main front door zip probably needs replacing. It is by far the best tent I've ever owned and I could never go back to a non-f&b tent now! But I can't really afford a new one at the moment. 

An added complication is that I live abroad and won't be back in the country to get it fixed or be able to properly check it out until a week before the festival. 

Any advice on somewhere to get it fixed at short notice in the North-East or Yorkshire would be much appreciated! 

5 hours ago, renrutbor said:

On a kind of related topic - does anyone have any experience of getting tents repaired? My fresh and black inflatable has a small tear in the outer skin and the main front door zip probably needs replacing. It is by far the best tent I've ever owned and I could never go back to a non-f&b tent now! But I can't really afford a new one at the moment. 

An added complication is that I live abroad and won't be back in the country to get it fixed or be able to properly check it out until a week before the festival. 

Any advice on somewhere to get it fixed at short notice in the North-East or Yorkshire would be much appreciated! 

Gaffer tape for the rip. Not sure about the zip though, not even sure were you could buy such a long zip. Maybe try and source a suitable zip then take it to a place the repairs clothes? Or Google 'tent repairs'.

8 hours ago, renrutbor said:

Call decathlon maybe and see, they do offer repairs but i can't see zips on their website.

10 hours ago, renrutbor said:

When did you buy it? Pretty sure Decathlon have a 5 year guarantee on their air tents

Edit: Yep (although I'm not sure what the fine print is) - https://www.decathlon.co.uk/landing/warranty-information/_/R-a-a340014v

Edited by TheDayman

Thanks all, some good advice! I tried emailing the place in Wetherby but they said they have too many jobs at the moment. And I bought it in 2016 so just past the 5 year warranty frustratingly! 

Those patches look great for the tear though, I'll try asking decathlon about the zip, if they offer repairs then I'm more than happy to pay for it. 

On 4/22/2022 at 5:14 AM, renrutbor said:

There are quite a few companies around offering tent repairs. An internet search should identify one in your area.  I've previously made enquiries here in the Midlands for tent repair but was deterred by the cost: a new tent being the wiser investment. Smaller tent repairs, pin-holes, minor rips you can always do yourself. There are kits available but a simple dab of superglue works wells on pinholes.

Damn this thread, now I must have one! 😁 

Currently stuck choosing between the 4 man with poles or the inflatable one.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/4-person-blackout-poled-tent-arpenaz-4-1-fresh-black/_/R-p-177332

Or 

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/4-person-blackout-air-tent-air-seconds-4-1xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-302837?mc=8648382&c=BEIGE

Decisions, decisions! 🤔

I have to fly with it so size and weight are a big concerned for me, so tending toward the poled version, but that inflatable one just seems to take away a lot of setting-up pain. 

Does anyone know if the inflatable one (15kg) is in multiple parts so I could spread the weight over 2 suitcases?  I can take 2 x 23kgs bags checked in.

Cheers 😊

Edited by Dan Eazy
Typo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dan Eazy said:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/4-person-blackout-poled-tent-arpenaz-4-1-fresh-black/_/R-p-177332

Or 

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/4-person-blackout-air-tent-air-seconds-4-1xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-302837?mc=8648382&c=BEIGE

Decisions, decisions! 🤔

I have to fly with it so size and weight are a big concerned for me, so tending toward the poled version, but that inflatable one just seems to take away a lot of setting-up pain. 

Does anyone know if the inflatable one (15kg) is in multiple parts so I could spread the weight over 2 suitcases?  I can take 2 x 23kgs bags checked in.

Cheers 😊

Hey mate, 

You can split it up quite easily, there’s the outer (which is fairly light) and the inner tent also has the porch floor attached which is the thick, heavy material. Worth mentioning that you’d need the pump to stick it up as well, which isn’t weighty but is quite bulky - I tried sticking it up without it but it needs to be at 7psi and you can’t tell what pressure it is without the thingo. . . 

it’s a magnificent tent and genuinely a 5 min job with the inflatable poles, it’s very recommended! 

Yeah I was just looking at the pump, it's like some sort of comedy clown pump! 😂 It's huuge!  I think that, because I have to lug it all on 2 flights that the 10kg poled option is the 'sensible' option. But I'm not usually one for sensible decisions, so further deliberation is required. 

Could a normal bike pump be used and just wing it on the psi? Thoughts? I have a small bike pump. 

I refuse to be sensible! 😂

1 hour ago, Dan Eazy said:

Or 

Decisions, decisions! 🤔

Cheers 😊

Give me 2 mins and I'll post a photo!

21 minutes ago, Dan Eazy said:

Could a normal bike pump be used and just wing it on the psi? Thoughts? I have a small bike pump. 

Not sure what type of a pump it is on the inflatable one (I was on about the poled version). However, if weight is an issue (travelling by air) then they'll be loads of people around to ask with all sorts of pumps. Just a thought.

30 minutes ago, Dan Eazy said:

Yeah I was just looking at the pump, it's like some sort of comedy clown pump! 😂 It's huuge!  I think that, because I have to lug it all on 2 flights that the 10kg poled option is the 'sensible' option. But I'm not usually one for sensible decisions, so further deliberation is required. 

I refuse to be sensible! 😂

When I got mine I thought bleh, I don’t want to have to buy a pump, I’ve got various other pumps with different fittings and I’m sure I can string something together Macgyver style.

90 minutes of impressive swearing later I decided that no, actually I can’t, despite all my increasingly bad tempered efforts, and that I should just get the pump and stop being a knob 😂 the fact it’s so comedy big is quite useful really, cos it only takes  vs about ten to fifteen pumps to erect each pole. Doing a bed etc wouldn’t take much longer than a couple of mins too. I quite agree that five minutes of wandering an average campsite at glasto will see someone with the pump, if you’re volunteering with oxfam then you can borrow mine!