New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

Was thinking of treating myself to a fresh & black this year to make sleeping between Oxfam shifts easier. Might just hold out til they make a bigger one of that sexy beast (4 man please decathlon, preferably with a porch🤞).

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Was thinking of treating myself to a fresh & black this year to make sleeping between Oxfam shifts easier. Might just hold out til they make a bigger one of that sexy beast (4 man please decathlon, preferably with a porch🤞).

hold fire you may well get some offers coming through ... maybe just the old ranges though ... they will potentially have quite a bit of stock that needs clearing ... dependent on when they make them for festival season 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

hold fire you may well get some offers coming through ... maybe just the old ranges though ... they will potentially have quite a bit of stock that needs clearing ... dependent on when they make them for festival season 

I might as well hold fire because I'm not going to need it this year now!

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I want one of these, but bigger, ideally with a porch.

For me a porch is essential, especially for a wet year. Hopefully they will have one ready for 2021. A lie in after a night shift would be heaven 

• Upvote 1

I only got my Fresh & Black 3-man pop up in 2016, so I think I'll squeeze another year or two out of it, but I definitely want one of these. Probably a 3-man version of this one, which would be a nice balance between size and weight for me. Being able to strap my tent onto my rucksack would be such a relief after over a decade of using popup tents.

1 hour ago, FrankieX said:

I only got my Fresh & Black 3-man pop up in 2016, so I think I'll squeeze another year or two out of it, but I definitely want one of these. Probably a 3-man version of this one, which would be a nice balance between size and weight for me. Being able to strap my tent onto my rucksack would be such a relief after over a decade of using popup tents.

I wonder if it allows them more flexibility in terms of shape - popup tents are a bit square. As much as I love my 3 man, it's not quite long enough for me to sleep comfortably, despite bags of space on either side.

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wonder if it allows them more flexibility in terms of shape - popup tents are a bit square. As much as I love my 3 man, it's not quite long enough for me to sleep comfortably, despite bags of space on either side.

Go at 45 degrees, surely?

Edited by incident

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Go Outdoors looks to be going into administration

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53127083

I just found that out from 3 different sources within the space of an hour or so ... might Be a bargain or two available there ... always found their stuff very good 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Someone didn't quite understand Air tents. reply from Decathlon is remarkably restrained.

The person complaining was aged between 20-29 and had 6 kids. I’m not sure if they know the meaning of restraint anyway. 

• 4 months later...

I'll be taking one of these tents for several festivals in warmer climates (think SE Asia, Mexico, Portugal) in the summer where there is little shade available and temperatures are regularly 35C or greater.

Does anyone have any experience whether it actually works in conditions slightly warmer than a typical British summer?