New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

2 hours ago, OBface said:

We have the 3 man inflatable version. Perfect for a couple of nights for me and my 6 ft partner. 

Perfect. That's basically all I needed, endorsement from someone using the 3-man as a couple. Cheers!

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just checking you know the Quechua has the blackout stuff?

I didn't but I've just spent a good half hour on the decathlon website salivating over tentage, the thought of being able to lie in is very appealing! 

I'm so so tempted by on of these. But I don't think I can justify it. My tent has 1 year left in it (been saying that for a while though)

I'd also be worried that I just won't wake up and miss a load of the festival. I really like the fact that I don't have to set alarms until the last night if I have a coach to catch.

I have a 4 man and a 3 man (which I picked up abandoned in 2015)... but I'm camping alone this year and standard tents are a nightmare to put up and take down alone. The inflatable tent is very tempting. 

How heavy are inflatable tents?  Is it noticeably lighter than a similar size pole tent?

... And has anyone ever used one at a festival? I'm a bit nervous someone will think it's HILARIOUS to deflate or puncture a tent. Definitely wouldn't camp it anywhere near a path.

Edited by fowls

4 hours ago, fowls said:

I have a 4 man and a 3 man (which I picked up abandoned in 2015)... but I'm camping alone this year and standard tents are a nightmare to put up and take down alone. The inflatable tent is very tempting. 

How heavy are inflatable tents?  Is it noticeably lighter than a similar size pole tent?

... And has anyone ever used one at a festival? I'm a bit nervous someone will think it's HILARIOUS to deflate or puncture a tent. Definitely wouldn't camp it anywhere near a path.

I had one of these last year at two festivals and no one deflated it, though it would be easy to do so. I think most people have better things to do, especially at glasto..

I didn't think it was noticeably lighter and it was definitely bulkier with the inflatable tubes than a normal tent is. Makes sense when you think how big air beds are when they're packed away. You also need to carry a fairly bulky pump with you.

I'd probably get a standard version if I was buying again and if they sold one with a porch, though having said that it is really nice to be able to put your tent up in a few seconds.

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking of getting the family 4 person at £199. I don't think it's that bad a price for the size of it but it's heavy at nearly 10kg but for the size of the tent and the comfort it will bring the extra weight should be worth it. If the black out works as well as people say it does it will definitely be worth. Just me and my wife who will be 17 weeks pregnant by then so if it means she can sleep later will be a life safer, even if I have to do 2 car trips and the big porch will be somewhere to relax if the weather isn't great

9 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

Can anyone vouch for the 'cool' feature of  this tent? 

Don't really care about the dark thing as there are many other ways you can deal with that (sleeping mask), but I really can't deal with the morning/early afternoon heat inside my tent

It was great last year for me, but that wasn't the hottest year.  However, it was still noticeable and significant.  I'm sure someone on last year's thread said they had used it with 20+ temperatures and it was really effective.

14 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I have the 3 man conventional one, not pop up or inflatable. Plenty of space for 2 people and gear. Although I have it just for myself.

Can you show me a link for this? :)

EDIT - Think I have found it. Assume it is dome tent without a porch. Ideally I quite like having a little porch bit to leave boots etc

Edited by arteet

We used the 3 man inflatable for 7 nights in 25-30 degrees at Sziget last year. My girlfriend and I (I'm 6'4") and had no issues. The dark and cool aspects work amazingly, we had a seperate small tent that we chucked our bags in and the difference in temperature between the two in the morning was staggering, we could comfortably sleep as long as we wanted despite the sun outside. 

It's easy to put up but probably marginally heavier and bulkier than a normal one with poles, plus you need the pump which again is bulky (but lightweight). Definitely worth it though, lookimg forward to using it at Glastonbury.

3 minutes ago, renrutbor said:

We used the 3 man inflatable for 7 nights in 25-30 degrees at Sziget last year. My girlfriend and I (I'm 6'4") and had no issues. The dark and cool aspects work amazingly, we had a seperate small tent that we chucked our bags in and the difference in temperature between the two in the morning was staggering, we could comfortably sleep as long as we wanted despite the sun outside. 

It's easy to put up but probably marginally heavier and bulkier than a normal one with poles, plus you need the pump which again is bulky (but lightweight). Definitely worth it though, lookimg forward to using it at Glastonbury.

Sziget was indeed warm last year, I didn't have my fresh and black then but I can see the benefit of having one now. 

5 minutes ago, renrutbor said:

i'm thinking of getting the pop up one, what pump are you referring to? does it come with the tent?

Done pop-ups on lots of occasions (quecha and eurohike) but finally valuing a tent with height and a decent porch/living area, so decided this year an upgrade was deemed necessary. Looked at all Decathlon could offer, but was disappointed, especially with the Arpenza. Invested in  a Vango Talos instead. Yes I know it cost more than an Arpenza, but it looks, feels and actually is more waterproof and robust.... 

Edited by Lycra