Counting the days...how many is it today?

nigenet

Mornings all :):) 

Gosh - gone fishing, S.C. .... sat on a riverbank, still, calm, relaxed but alert..... gentle flow or ripples in the water.....bird song..... kingfisher...dippers......robins.... herons......... flask of warmth.... sounds fab! - and what we do with binoculars and cameras instead of rods.... we don't catch as many fish though! Mum took me and my brother to catch cod and mackerel off the pier when I was a kid; start by making our own rods and digging our own bait, great fun, and shrimping around the pier pylons :):) 

Oooo - Cal N Del - compilations all split up - arrrgh! Hope you find a workaround either on the laptop or in your mind to cope with this! I like my Real World 25 just the way it is and wouldn't want it split.... horrors! :):) Your patience and application is to be applauded *applauds* :):) 

Jax, that's good news; the light grows and shines brighter every day; won't be long before you can step into it! :):) 

Sindig0, sounds like you're having a less than fun time working on the insurance company contract... long to go? :):) 

Valentines - anyone doing anything romantic ..or otherwise? :):) 

Happy Fridays, everyone,  bacon butty or otherwise! :):) 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, standing stone said:

Sindig0, sounds like you're having a less than fun time working on the insurance company contract... long to go? :):) 

Valentines - anyone doing anything romantic ..or otherwise? :):) 

Blimey, you've got a good memory SS! :) Less than fun is a pretty good description at the moment. You've no doubt heard the phrase "mushroom management"--well, it's a bit like that. It's a permanent contract so I'm stuck here until something new comes up in the area, either with my company or someone else but nothing seems forthcoming right now. Until something does it's head down and keep my mouth shut but it's very frustrating at times. 

Nothing booked for Valentine's. We booked a mini holiday last night so we've agreed that will be our valentine's gift to each other this year.

Jax - Big hugs. Sorry to hear you're having a tough time of it right now.

On 10/02/2016 at 1:12 PM, Jax2000 said:

I've just spotted this on FB:

We've got some exciting new additions to the festival this year, including a new real ale pub with a beer garden. But it needs a name and we'd love your help. A free pint at the festival for the winner! Any ideas?

Exciting for beer drinkers?

The Wildly Waving Arms? ;)

SC if only Del thought like that, he like to get things in order and in the past he tried to share our music files on to a second laptop and it didn't go to well so this he is taking his time.

Cal also tried it once and cut instead of pasted a few files and Del hasn't forgotten that either

on the up side the Bs are done!

Jax, that sounds awesome, I haven't seen Warhorse but my youngest has and said it was utterly brilliant, definitely the best stage show he had ever seen.

SS nope nothing romantic for valentines, It's a silly thing in our house that none of us think that we should express our love to each other because we are told to by outside sources, it should be expressed without instruction. 

CnD bit of advice needed, just tried Chivas Regal for the first time ever and my reaction was to scrape my tongue over my teeth and make the expression of a cat licking a sliced lemon...  Is that normal? 

Mornings all :):) 

Hope you and Warrior enjoyed the War of the Worlds preview, Jax :):)

nigenet, The Wildly Waving Arms - fab; and a good reason to have more than one real ale pub on site! I'm wondering where it will be, arena or campsite or arboretum..... :):) 

Good day there, S.C. did you catch a fish? The thought of an all day breakfast must be a warming one when the bones get a bit chilly! We're the same here re valentine's, though we did bake a cake last year and are looking forward to a very naughty cheese fondue this year. No roses, cards or chocolates etc, though we've saved every rose petal from every rose we've given one another throughout the years.  Things change - I believe that this Valentines is now considered to be for the ladies,  there now being another for the gentlemen who are treated to a steak and a blow dry ...... is this right? :):)

Cal N Del, Rams is an Icelandic film? Looking forward to hearing about it...... did it take you back? :):)  Great to hear the transfer is progressing well; you are making back ups along the way..... of course you are! :):) Crikey - those viruses still hanging round - really sorry to hear that; you must be worn out with it. Roll on Porto! :):) 

Not too sure what to do with the day; H achey from badminton; the rain is back again so ground soft and soggy, boggy and not very friendly for walking - long tranches of deep mud with the odd welly in them.....loads of watching, listening and reading to catch up on, photos to process and cards to make, so a homey day it is :):)

Happy Weekends everyone :):) 

War (horse) of the Worlds was excellent. I loved the album back in the 70s and the orchestra recreated it perfectly. It was very cleverly staged. 

Warrior dozed a bit, but that's not any reflection on the quality of the performance!!!!  :sleep:

'Fishing' eh SC.....any photographic evidence of your day? 

Great to hear Jax.... cracking night! :):) 

Sindig0, I hope there is an alternative opportunity for you shortly. Sometimes a pants job is  bearable because the people at work are fab; sometimes pants people are bearable because the work is fab ..... when both the people and the work are pants, it is time to make changes .......I  hope either the work, people or company improves or you find joy with another company.....soon! :):)

Where have you chosen for your break, or is it a secret? :)  :)

The Womad facebook page has the large pane creeping up again so I can't play Peter Gabriel's message for Womad Chile - ah just ried again and I can - hurrah! Peter will be working with Sting on their tour at the moment, I guess. :):) 

Sindigo....SS's words of wisdom have changed my life for sure......it was something similar that she said on the old forum that first allowed me to entertain the possibility of walking away from my job situation.....for which I will be eternally grateful to her....... :thumbsu:

SS and Jax, yesterdays "fishing".  Well I "fished" the streams and brooks between Maidstone and Wessons (Fish Cafe) in Horam  http://wessonscafe.com/  :rolleyes: I caught a Trout.  Then fished up the river to East Grinstead then Tunbridge Wells and home, lovely lovely waves on the rivers and streams all the way.  Saw an awesome Haddock swim up to Wessons, it was only the size of a tidler but had the strength of a fully grown Haddock, it was caught by a very petite lady.   

SS love the idea of "Man Day" what date is that exactly?  I'll run it by Mrs SC

Oh we do do cards on valentine's day

Right my Trout is very very dirty so as I am having an "Observed Fishing" fish tomorrow I had better make a nice mug of tea, disappear into the garage, and give my old Trout a jolly good polish.  ;)  

Edited by SC

..  expect S.C.'s trout will be positively gleaming now! :):)

Jax, you'd have got there in the end, bless you! I just signposted short cut :):) 

News from Jambo:

"This end now .... in lovely Ubud..capital of Bali..in a gorgeous hotel in the centre. Arrived today ..made detour to see silver palace, art gallery and coffee place..tasted the famous civet cat pre-processed coffee..strange flavour! Bought some for a friend who is a coffee aficionado ..not sure what he'll make of it. Wandered around a bit, had brilliant massage and promptly booked one for tomorrow! Explore today, tomorrow, silver workshop the following one and tour to Lake Batan the day after.if .I can -  days will fly here..oh and there's a visit to the greenvillage I want to do...

Love hugs and WoMaDnEsS to you all.!"

Happy to post any messages back for here :):)