Counting the days...how many is it today?

nigenet

I suppose we should really start as we mean to go on... ;) I hope Baz doesn't mind me copying & pasting this into our new home?

Blimeying Heck!! Hansel und Gretal!! Howard und Hilda! Jings Crivens help ma Boab!!!!!

176 (subject to negotiation) days until WOMAD UK !!!! Oh my!! OH MY!!

(Confirmed by Nigenet http://www.nigenet.org.uk/stuff/womadcount/ and Purpledawn ticks another day off on her calendar)YAY!!!!!
KeEp TwInKliNg aNd TwIrLiNg AnD SpArKliNg AnD FiZzIng AwAyWomadtastic is a fabulous word!!
Fabulous is a WOMADtastic word!! Yay!!

23 CUDDLY WEEKENDS until WOMAD uk 2016

Today is the WOMAD UK equinox. Blimey! That time already?

Womad Fuerteventura has been and gone

WOMAD Chile was and will be again in 2016

WOMAD Caceres will flow with rivers of wee in 2016 (How delightful!)

47 days until WOMAdelaide

60 days until WOMAD New Zealand

204 days until Jax can hang up them that boots and chill out barefoot and banjo-laden on the porch

For that WOMAD feeling and to hear some of this years artists listen to Munners Wanderlust Radio at http://www.lanternman.co.uk and may be Peter G will let Radio WOMAD broadcast all year round

The forum was all backwards but the WOMAD IT Pixie got us back to normal until the GREAT ISOLATION of 2013/14 luckily we're all back together (apart from the weekend break in June 15 and the forum holiday at WOMAD Fuerteventura in November 2015) but who know were the forum will move to in the next few weeks?????

Del illuminated Womad 2014..and started a trend.. SS hubby joined in with lit up Mad Hatter look!! and how they both sparkled in 2015, Jax lip got zipped and her daughters wellies chafed (ouch), Hootdrummer forgot his tent (oops), SC left his tiger at home, Standing Stone looked great on a t shirt, Digital Monkey lost his Chai cherry, Purpledawn enjoyed fresh ground coffee in her fab festival cafetiere, Baz's tankard went to the bar and never came back but hopefully it will be found, DorsetSteve learned Moog should be pronounced Moag, Jambo Yoti climbed a ladder to help with a half prie sale, DorsetHelen started with a cheese toastie (yum) but forgot to have a cider, Bassworm dad danced all weekend, LG_ went for Cranberry and soda, Hubby got all horny with one of Munks of Tashi Lhunpo's long horns, Rendrags walk across the fields to have a great time in the foul weather and mud, The Smurf put up his tent in the driving rain, Sindig0 Met up with loads of the forum crew then mainly kept dry in his tent :o( Bloohair had Kedgery and slept all the way home and we all got muddy in 2015 but will there be mud in 2016?

The Winter solstice has solsticed and they sun getting up earlier

Spring is on the way again

Autumn was golden and the sofa was very comfortable

Early bird tickets are hatching fast so you better be quick

1 day until tomorrow. (Another day closer – yet it never seems to come)

2 days until Bacon Butty Friday (other butties and Fridays are available) but what colour is your sauce and brown, red, yellow or white? (Depends on the curry and the company, Cheeky! - Saucy, even!)

Celtic Connections (The Whisky soaked WOMAD of the Celts or is it kilts?) 2016 banging out the tunes and the hip flasks have been drained

Santa has emptyed his sack (Ooh er!), did you get what you wanted? if not may be this year!

the FIERCE EYEBROWS of the 'Scottish' Doctor Who has returned in his doc martin boots and the face of Cardinal Richelieu will he rock out Missy? Or have they already??

THE SUN IS STILL HERE (hopefully it will be around for a few billion WOMADs) YAY!!! YAY!!!!YAY!!!! (Can't see it, mind)

What will you have in your hip flask or flasks?

and........

Don't talk to strangers...unless they're really strange!
Don't write in starlight 'Cause the words may come out real
Don't forget to wear sunblock
Don't cut the red wire
Keep your wellies dry on the inside
Never spit at a camel
Don't be gay (or democratic) in Russia (and don't swear!)
Never boil a kettle - it doesn't bubble as much as water.
Age is only important to cheese and wine and historians
Badgers aren't to blame
Don't let the hamsters nest in your mouth over night
If you take your teeth out at night, remember to get them home by 10.00pm!
Wear red and a large face bush when you're on Winterwatch Unsprung
Have a coffee before you watch a Japanese epic
When all at sea hang onto a floating island
In space no one wants to sneeze
Let your son pay for the curry when he eats more than you do
Vote Hamster
Hug a Beaver!
Don't wave blue lights behind the back of police officer
Wave a flag in front of a stove pipe hat
Vote Bob!
Eurovision is best enjoyed on the WOMAD forum
Twitter power keeps the forum online
I don't get this Euro debt crisis - it's all Greek to me!
Mud is good for the skin
What will be WOMAD 2016 fashion must have wellies?
and

...WOMAD isn't just for the summer it's for life (Always good advice- THE best advice)

:):):)

Edited by nigenet

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Jambo yoti said:

Hello..am I here..feels weird ..glad to see you..where's the smiley faces???? :):):):)

Hi Jambo. You need a space between the smilies, eg :):):):)
Unforunately it doesn't seem to support smilies with noses :-)
You can click the smiley icon on the toolbar when you're typing your post and select from there too :)
Annnnnd... with this newfangled edit button you can go into your post and manually fix those smilies! :D

Edited by nigenet

Jambo, all whirly and everything! Look what happens when you're half way round the planet! Hope today much more uplifting, warmer and enjoyable for you. Glad to see you made the leap! :):)

Sindig0, thanks for your help - and well done on reaching the stone below! :):)

Chas, thanks for your help both in getting us all a place to be and personally getting me here! :):)

PD, I'd recognise you anywhere - hello! :):)

Oscar sniffing nice kitchen smells! :):)

It'll be nice when we're all here and settled in. I hope Arms and Legs Everywhere and Prue make it in time for Webby Watch! :):) 

5 minutes ago, standing stone said:

It'll be nice when we're all here and settled in. I hope Arms and Legs Everywhere and Prue make it in time for Webby Watch! :):) 

Ah yes, webby watch! I wonder if the good folk of efestivals understand what they've let themselves in for?? ;)