2016 Festival Predictions (2nd Announcement)

JSmurphy

Announcement is coming at some point on Thursday 28th Jan.

Thought I'd set up a specific thread specifically for announcement predictions to avoid the 2016 being flooded over the next day or so. If anyone's looking to make a points system then feel free, but not taking it too seriously is fine too! Try to get all posts / edits done by Wednesday night!

To give an idea of what we'll probably get, over the past two years the second announcement has consisted of the following: 

2014 - Arctic Monkeys (Headliners), Warpaint (NME), Pusha T (1xtra), Royal Blood (NME), The 1975 (NME), SBTRKT (NME), You Me At Six (Main), The Courteeners (NME), Netsky (Dance), Annie Mac (Dance), Krept & Konan (1Xtra), Issues (Pit), Hozier (FR), Architects (Pit)

2013 - Biffy Clyro (Headliners), Foals (Main), Jake Bugg (NME), Fall Out Boy (Main), SOAD (Main), BMTH (Main)

So try to aim for a headliner, then 8-13ish other acts across a variety of stages. 

Biffy Clyro (Headliner) 
Tame Impala (Main) 
Two Door Cinema Club (Main) 
At The Drive-In (Main) 
Don Broco (Main) 
Nothing But Thieves (Main) 
A Day To Remember (NME Headliner) 
Metronomy (NME) 
Deaf Havana (NME) 
Parkway Drive (Lock Up/Pit Headliner) 
Glassjaw (Lock Up/Pit) 
Young Fathers (1Xtra Headliner) 
Temples (FR) 

11 minutes ago, truthpigeon said:

Guns 'N' Roses (headliners), Bloc Party (R1/NME), Weezer (Main), Glassjaw (Pit), Brand New (Main), Tame Impala (Main), Chvrches (R1/NME), The Kills (R1/NME), Boy Better Know (1xtra), Of Mice & Men (Pit)

No chance in Bloc Party yet, still loads of tickets to sell on their tour and OMAM did that pretty much last time.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy Clyro (Headliner) 
Tame Impala (Main) 
Two Door Cinema Club (Main) 
At The Drive-In (Main) 
Don Broco (Main) 
Nothing But Thieves (Main) 
A Day To Remember (NME Headliner) 
Metronomy (NME) 
Deaf Havana (NME) 
Parkway Drive (Lock Up/Pit Headliner) 
Glassjaw (Lock Up/Pit) 
Young Fathers (1Xtra Headliner) 
Temples (FR) 

Be VERY lucky to get ATDi and ADTR on whole lineup, let alone the same announcement. Can't fault optimism though.

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Announcement is coming at some point on Thursday 28th Jan.

Thought I'd set up a specific thread specifically for announcement predictions to avoid the 2016 being flooded over the next day or so. If anyone's looking to make a points system then feel free, but not taking it too seriously is fine too! Try to get all posts / edits done by Wednesday night!

To give an idea of what we'll probably get, over the past two years the second announcement has consisted of the following: 

2014 - Arctic Monkeys (Headliners), Warpaint (NME), Pusha T (1xtra), Royal Blood (NME), The 1975 (NME), SBTRKT (NME), You Me At Six (Main), The Courteeners (NME), Netsky (Dance), Annie Mac (Dance), Krept & Konan (1Xtra), Issues (Pit), Hozier (FR), Architects (Pit)

2013 - Biffy Clyro (Headliners), Foals (Main), Jake Bugg (NME), Fall Out Boy (Main), SOAD (Main), BMTH (Main)

So try to aim for a headliner, then 8-13ish other acts across a variety of stages. 

2015- Mumford and Sons (headliners), Bastille (main), Royal Blood (main), Catfish and the Bottlemen (NME), Deadmau5 (NME), Rebel Sound (NME), Years and Years (NME), Wolf Alice (NME), Hannah Wants (Dance), Jack Garratt (FR), Pretty Vicious (FR) 

Don't know why I felt the need to add that, just for more info I guess.

Kanye West (H), Pendulum (main), Two Door Cinema Club (main), At The Drive-In (main), Parkway Drive (main), Jack Garratt (NME), Glassjaw (Pit), Blossoms (NME), Snakehips (Dance), Lady Leshurr (1xtra), Sheer Mag (FR)

4 hours ago, truthpigeon said:

Guns 'N' Roses (headliners), Bloc Party (R1/NME), Weezer (Main), Glassjaw (Pit), Brand New (Main), Tame Impala (Main), Chvrches (R1/NME), The Kills (R1/NME), Boy Better Know (1xtra), Of Mice & Men (Pit)

Yeah, boy better know are a good shout.

2 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

BBK are already booked and Stormzy is a part of BBK you fucking clownmen

Main, Headliner

KANYE WEST

Main

Two Door Cinema Club

NMEHeadliner

Tame Impala 

NME:

Crystal Castles,  CHVRCHES, Nothing But Thieves

1XTRA:

Future, Young Thug

Dance

SOPHIE

The Pit:

Parkway Drive, Rolo Tomassi 

It would have been better if you hadn't predicted lol, that's as bad as it could probably be, it's supposed to get better, not just fall on it's arse lol.

Main: Guns N' Roses (Headliner), Imagine Dragons, Good Charlotte, Savages

NME: Bloc Party (Headliner), Netsky, Flume, Cage The Elephant

The Pit: Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Parkway Drive, Moose Blood

FR: Fat White Family, Drenge

Dance: My Nu Leng

1xtra: Stormzy

Idk who I think the headliner will actually be tomorrow - So I'll say G'N'R for shits and giggles

Two Door Cinema Club (Main or headline NME)

Sum 41 (Main or headline Lock Up)

Imagine Dragons (Main)

Glassjaw (Lock Up)

Chvrches (Main or Headline NME)

The Japanese House (Festival Republic)

Cane Hill (Lock Up)

(a few dance/1Xtra artists that I don't know about)

Gun's N Roses 
Weezer (Main)
Sum 41 (Main or NME Headline)
Frank Carter

Alternatively they'll have Green Day headline and book Weezer and Sum 41 on same day on main and do a 'pop-punk' day similar to how they've done similar genre band day's the past two years or so.