The Commercialization of Music Festivals

GeoHall

Hey guys, I've recently chosen to study the extent of which the increase of commercialization has affected audience response to music festivals for a university research project.

The idea is to look at whether or not this is an issue which is potentially damaging to the industry, looking at a range of different festivals.

If anyone has anything they'd like to say on the subject, then please do below, some of these responses may go into my analysis and would really help me out!
I've also created a survey, which only takes a couple of minutes to fill out https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/93JS3QV

Thanks guys! If you'd like to find out the results when it's all completed and my analysis then let me know

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done.  Interested in your conclusions.  My festival going ranges in scale from Glastonbury to tiny family-run festivals with local real ale at £3 a pint.  Each has its attractions.  I did find the corporate rip off prices of the Isle of Wight a bit too much a couple of years ago and wouldn't got there again.  But with so many festivals to choose from it's not a problem.  Each to their own.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

If we ever hear back from this fellow with his conclusions I'll buy everyone above this post a pint of tuborg piss-water and fellate a farm yard animal of your choice.

It NEVER happens.

Ha ha, fingers crossed for a free pint and blowing a goat, but you're right these events management types are just normally taking advantage of our good nature! 

29 minutes ago, russycarps said:

If we ever hear back from this fellow with his conclusions I'll buy everyone above this post a pint of tuborg piss-water and fellate a farm yard animal of your choice.

It NEVER happens.

I'm not sure why we have to suffer the complete indignation of having to drink a pint of Tuborg while you get away almost scott free by blowing a pig or some such.

14 hours ago, russycarps said:

It NEVER happens.

Just for the record, my choice is a donkey.  Start working on that gag reflex, just in case.

I didn't fill in the survey, I rarely do for all the reasons stated all too often.  Sorry.

8 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Did you see them? Them at the Park (with Charlotte Church reading out a list of pre-prepared questions) was one of the strangest things I've ever seen anywhere, let alone Glastonbury. 

Nah I never saw them mate, but a few friends who went there did and said it was brilliant. Would have liked to have seen them on Wango Riley's Stage but I think they were playing on the Saturday which meant clashing with Funkadelic, which is a place that I defiantely wanna spend some time at next year for sure.