Muse

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Sorry but what's this about Adele dropping out?

there's nothing about her dropping out, but considering we now seem to have four headliners up in the air then it makes sense for one of them to have fallen through, and Adele was always a bit of a flight risk. but obviously this all goes away if Muse aren't headlining and are instead playing elsewhere, or of course if Radiohead aren't headlining after all :(

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

there's nothing about her dropping out, but considering we now seem to have four headliners up in the air then it makes sense for one of them to have fallen through, and Adele was always a bit of a flight risk. but obviously this all goes away if Muse aren't headlining and are instead playing elsewhere, or of course if Radiohead aren't headlining after all :(

you're assuming that Adele was ever booked in the first place.

that's not actually what he said.

he said there was talk of Adele and that she was in the mix and they were hoping to get her. his comments could just as easily have been Emily and Nick ringing her agent inquiring repeatedly and being told no.

"There's lots of talk about Adele and it's in there in the mix. Adele is in a situation in her career where frankly she can do whatever the hell she likes. Hopefully it will happen and it still needs to be confirmed."

He continued, "She’s not into festivals but obviously, every promoter in the world wants to get her so fingers crossed, we are hoping it’s going to happen."

Edited by ghostdancer1

probably should've read the article rather than just believing what people on here had said :P fair enough then. if she was never in proper talks and so couldn't leave them hanging later on, i definitely can't see the headliners being Muse, Radiohead, Coldplay - they'd have gone for something a bit different imo

saying that, i think she'll be there

Edited by FloorFiller

She was definitely down to do it at one point. I have a friend who's a close family member of hers and he told me around November that she was as good as confirmed. I have no idea if this has since changed. And yeah I know the whole 'friend of a friend' thing sounds like bollocks but I've never claimed to have any info at any point. I didn't even post about it then, because the Adele rumours were already going around and I didn't feel I had anything new to add. But at that time she was very seriously talking about doing it. 

1 minute ago, somecoolusername said:

She was definitely down to do it at one point. I have a friend who's a close family member of hers and he told me around November that she was as good as confirmed. I have no idea if this has since changed. And yeah I know the whole 'friend of a friend' thing sounds like bollocks but I've never claimed to have any info at any point. I didn't even post about it then, because the Adele rumours were already going around and I didn't feel I had anything new to add. But at that time she was very seriously talking about doing it

which one is it?

I don't think those two parts you've highlighted are contradictory. He basically said, yes she's doing it, but hasn't signed on the dotted line yet. So wasn't confirmed, but he seemed to think it was practically a certainty. And I haven't brought it up since so I have no idea if something changed and she pulled out. The last info I heard is at least a couple of months old. I only posted because it was suggested above that she was never seriously in the running for it, and she definitely was, from what I heard. That may well no longer be the case. 

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I've only just seen that category. James Blake and Slipknot. Wow.

It was James Bay, but still not a rock album.

I think Muse have won by default there for being the only one to have put out a rock album. Slipknot's album came out like November 2014 and is a metal album so I don't get why that's involved, but it's 10x better than Drones.

• 2 months later...

Just found out Lovebox and Citadel are consecutive days.

Shall I buy a Lovebox and Citadel ticket and see Muse at Glasto? Sort out the Friday clashmageddon in one fell swoop.

Everyone told me I'd end up seeing Muse at Glasto so yeah.

Psycho will bring the Pyramid Stage down.

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Shall I buy a Lovebox and Citadel ticket and see Muse at Glasto? Sort out the Friday clashmageddon in one fell swoop.

I'm dreading the inevitable muse v sigur ros clash as would have been great to see sigur ros but that Friday of ZZ Top > Foals > Muse will be fantastic in my eyes!!!

Psycho and Reapers will be awesome :) 

13 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I'm dreading the inevitable muse v sigur ros clash as would have been great to see sigur ros but that Friday of ZZ Top > Foals > Muse will be fantastic in my eyes!!!

Psycho and Reapers will be awesome :)

It's such an annoying clash. If they were spread out then Muse, Sigur Rós and LCD would be such an amazing set of headliners, especially with Foals and PJ Harvey on before two of them.

On 5/1/2016 at 9:28 AM, Will-2609 said:

:lol: and there we have it. Tbf it does sound like a good way to resolve the clash issue so it's probably worth doing if you can.

TLSP are playing Ally Pally on the Friday too. Woop woop.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

:lol: and there we have it. Tbf it does sound like a good way to resolve the clash issue so it's probably worth doing if you can.

TLSP are playing Ally Pally on the Friday too. Woop woop.

Haha yeah. If I don't do this then it'll still be LCD at Glasto but if I can do this and see all three it'd be pretty good.

49 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Haha yeah. If I don't do this then it'll still be LCD at Glasto but if I can do this and see all three it'd be pretty good.

So after paying to see Muse ten times, they headline your favourite festival and you're gonna miss them for someone you haven't listened to all three albums of yet?

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So after paying to see Muse ten times, they headline your favourite festival and you're gonna miss them for someone you haven't listened to all three albums of yet?

Nah after the 2013 shows I said I wouldn't pay to see them again as all the new material sucks and takes up half the set. Made an exception for the Psycho tour and then saw them for free at Big Weekend and the MEN last month (brother bought me a ticket). Before the MEN gig I was borderline on whether I'd miss them at Glasto and after the gig I decided I'm happy to do so.