David Bowie RIP

Woffy

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You would never believe that was someone 2-3 days from the end.

It's not, if you look on her Instagram account it's a picture taken by photographer Jimmy King assumably as part of the promo for Blackstar. Someone has just done some photoshop wizardry to remove his name and the Blackstar logo. 

(I would post post the original pic here but I don't know how!)

Edited by JoBalls

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Efests wouldn't be efests without some lists.....

Albums:

1. Hunky Dory

2. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust

3. Low

4. Diamond Dogs

5. Aladdin Sane

--------------------

Songs (bar number 1, they could all change, it's just what I feel at the moment)

1. Heroes

2. Starman

3. Queen Bitch

4. Jean Genie

5. Modern Love

You seem to have forgotten about a Station to Station, his best song and one of his 5 star classic albums.

Best LPs, for me, in any order:

Low

Ziggy

Station to Station

Hunky Dory

Heroes

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Songs (bar number 1, they could all change, it's just what I feel at the moment)

1. Heroes

2. Starman

3. Queen Bitch

4. Jean Genie

5. Modern Love

Props for putting Modern Love in their Fuzzy, a neglected classic by the heads who refuse to acknowledge anything after Supercreeps.

Queen Bitch

Modern Love

Soul Love

Ashes to Ashes

All the Young Dudes

7 hours ago, JoBalls said:

It's not, if you look on her Instagram account it's a picture taken by photographer Jimmy King assumably as part of the promo for Blackstar. Someone has just done some photoshop wizardry to remove his name and the Blackstar logo. 

(I would post post the original pic here but I don't know how!)

it was claimed to be taken on his birthday

bowie.jpg

Diamond Dogs is my favourite Bowie album... except for Outside.  And Hunky Dory of course. And Ziggy Stardust.

Not forgetting David Bowie (1969), Aladdin Sane, Heroes, Low, Station To Station, Blackstar and The Next Day. And Let's Dance.

It's still impossible place Blackstar properly, but it's certainly up there. Better than The Man Who Saved The World and probably at least a couple of other 70s albums. Goes without saying that it's better than virtually anything since Scary Monsters.

10 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Bearing in mind how unreliable Facebook can be, I saw someone earlier saying an itv news presenter said Emily Eavis had confirmed Bowie's 2000 performance would be shown at this years' festival. I was watching BBC news rather than itv, so didn't see it. Can anyone confirm or deny? 

we're showing it today:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/votd/2016-01-12

the 3rd best time I saw him live

Just now, FloorFiller said:

is that's what's being shown at the festival then? cause i'd kill to see that. those 35 minutes are such a tease

I dunno, have they said they will show something? There are a couple more songs than those in the 35 mins floating around, but about half a dozen of the songs seem to have disappeared completely. I have no idea if the complete show even exists. I doubt the entire gig was shown at the time (just a guess though). 

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I dunno, have they said they will show something? There are a couple more songs than those in the 35 mins floating around, but about half a dozen of the songs seem to have disappeared completely. I have no idea if the complete show even exists. I doubt the entire gig was shown at the time (just a guess though). 

seen (but not read entirely) a few things mentioning them showing it at this years festival. i assume it'll be the full thing, which would be great as i've never seen it all, so i'm hoping it'll be the entire thing that was filmed yet (apparently) only partly shown at the time

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

seen (but not read entirely) a few things mentioning them showing it at this years festival. i assume it'll be the full thing, which would be great as i've never seen it all, so i'm hoping it'll be the entire thing that was filmed yet (apparently) only partly shown at the time

Do you have any links? Journos can be so lazy, might just be a reference to the campaign on Twitter.