David Bowie RIP

Woffy

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock n Roll has died again. All the best David. Saw him 24 times and each time was soooo much better than anything or anyone else. I'm just glad he passed peacefully with his family and right at the top with a fantastic album. And so it goes. 

5 minutes ago, Mandroman said:

Rock n Roll has died again. All the best David. Saw him 24 times and each time was soooo much better than anything or anyone else. I'm just glad he passed peacefully with his family and right at the top with a fantastic album. And so it goes. 

Went out as #1 in the charts.

The way the DJ announced it on the station I had on in the car was so comically cheesy that I thought it was a wind up at first. Then I saw his official account post it and thought maybe it’s a sick windup.

I thought he looked well in those recent videos.

People can sometimes elevate the recently deceased when talking about them, but it can be said with utter conviction that there’ll never be another Bowie.

1 minute ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Just seen Kanye's tweet, not much is thought of him on here, but I think it's one of the most perfect and accurate tributes I've seen. 

"David Bowie was one of my most important inspirations, so fearless, so creative, he gave us magic for a lifetime."

yeah just heard this read out on the news and thought it was a great summation of the man

gonna be having a total listen through of his album discography today/over the next few days

Absolutely shocking, and there really wasn't any giveaway considering how his artistry had been recently. Though, in hindsight, I guess a lot of the Blackstar stuff falls into place when you think of from a dying man's point of view. There will truly never be another musician that pushes so many boundaries and inspires so much creation like he did, right up until the end.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Absolutely shocking, and there really wasn't any giveaway considering how his artistry had been recently. Though, in hindsight, I guess a lot of the Blackstar stuff falls into place when you think of from a dying man's point of view. There will truly never be another musician that pushes so many boundaries and inspires so much creation like he did, right up until the end.

Lazarus definitely has a feel of this now.. :(

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Absolutely devastated. Can't believe how hard this news has hit me. 

All deaths are obviously terrible, but ive never felt this level of sadness at a death of somebody I didn't personally know. 

RIP Starman. Arguably the most important musician of all time. 

You put how I feel far better than I could.  RIP Starman