2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That's fair I guess! You can;t help but compare but then that said I don't think there is a previous year I'd have chose to attend either.

So if you've never attended the festival, never would have based on previous line-ups and seemingly never will want to attend, why criticise the festival? Clearly it's not the festival for you.

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

So if you've never attended the festival, never would have based on previous line-ups and seemingly never will want to attend, why criticise the festival? Clearly it's not the festival for you.

Previous to last which I'd made clear I went to, for Saturday anyway so based on last year.

Not sure it's so much a criticize, I think it's shame there isn't more that I like as I enjoyed it last year and for the money it was joint outside of Glasto for a fest for me. This being said, based on just a cheaper day it was about equal compared and after a 2nd look back at 2015 Thursday and Saturday had a couple of but not a days worth....Alkaline Trio do stick out.

Honestly, I think the undercard is a stronger this year. Heck, I'd even say the headliners are stronger. Most of the those headliners tours were bigger than Refused tour last year. Think it's still good value and a great fest. Think I'm still gonna wait until stage splits/clash finder is announced first though but reckon I'll go again this year

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

Honestly, I think the undercard is a stronger this year. Heck, I'd even say the headliners are stronger. Most of the those headliners tours were bigger than Refused tour last year. Think it's still good value and a great fest. Think I'm still gonna wait until stage splits/clash finder is announced first though but reckon I'll go again this year

Yeh I think I'll probably be back this year, I had such a good time last year and after raving about it to everyone when I got back I think my group might be growing by a few this year.

Am I right in thinking you worked it with oxfam last year or was it someone else on the forums? How was that?

3 hours ago, tyranicide said:

Yeh I think I'll probably be back this year, I had such a good time last year and after raving about it to everyone when I got back I think my group might be growing by a few this year.

Am I right in thinking you worked it with oxfam last year or was it someone else on the forums? How was that?

I didn't do Oxfam but direct with the fest itself. I recommend doing it that way unless you're doing a few fest's with Oxfam. I can do a far more detailed post about the whole thing when I get home if you or anyone else wants me to do that?

21 hours ago, justanothername said:

I didn't do Oxfam but direct with the fest itself. I recommend doing it that way unless you're doing a few fest's with Oxfam. I can do a far more detailed post about the whole thing when I get home if you or anyone else wants me to do that?

Yes please, I think I'll probably go as a punter but I'm interested to hear about it 

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this ahead of the announcement on Friday - any theories on who the band with the 'fan voted set' is going to be?  Must be someone fairly familiar to the festival (and with a decent amount of material to choose from)?

6 minutes ago, WFD said:

Bumping this ahead of the announcement on Friday - any theories on who the band with the 'fan voted set' is going to be?  Must be someone fairly familiar to the festival (and with a decent amount of material to choose from)?

Very much expecting someone like Frank Turner.

3 hours ago, theramm said:

The press release states 'band' rather than act suggesting it's not a solo artist. I don't know if they're still in the UK for Trees but Cancer Bats was my first thought.

Can't see it being Cancer Bats at all. No idea why they'd do a fan voted set for a festival they've never been too

Anyway I was a bit puzzled at first as the only band I can think of that are 2000 trees regulars and haven't been announced are Arcane Roots and they've only got one album and 2 EPs (well 4 but the first two aren't easy to find and neither are they played at all). But after a bit of thought I think it is either one of ASIWYFA, Rob Lynch or Beans on Toast and I think it will be the Beans out of those three personally. Can't think of who else it could be

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

Can't see it being Cancer Bats at all. No idea why they'd do a fan voted set for a festival they've never been too

Anyway I was a bit puzzled at first as the only band I can think of that are 2000 trees regulars and haven't been announced are Arcane Roots and they've only got one album and 2 EPs (well 4 but the first two aren't easy to find and neither are they played at all). But after a bit of thought I think it is either one of ASIWYFA, Rob Lynch or Beans on Toast and I think it will be the Beans out of those three personally. Can't think of who else it could be

Or The Xcerts

It would be three consecutive years for either Xcerts or ASIWYFA which may be pushing it.  Frank Turner is a fair shout but he did them a favour by doing a not-so secret set on the Thursday last year (and an album in full set at that) so again may be unlikely that they've called on him for another favour.

On other bands, Joyce Manor are touring the UK at the same time as Trees, isn't entirely impossible they could do two sets in one day, one at Trees and one of their own shows. (Panic did the same with Big Weekend and Slam Dunk last year), Unlikely but would be a great booking for me.

56 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

On other bands, Joyce Manor are touring the UK at the same time as Trees, isn't entirely impossible they could do two sets in one day, one at Trees and one of their own shows. (Panic did the same with Big Weekend and Slam Dunk last year), Unlikely but would be a great booking for me.

Gonna say no on that one since the dates they're playing over Trees are Leeds, Manchester and Southampton there is no way they're gonna be able to Trees then rush over to either one of those places. I know it's around the same distance for what Panic did but the promotion from Big Weekend would be a far bigger factor to consider. I mean they could play early on at Trees but don't see why they'd do it. Hope I'm wrong though as I'm gonna have to miss this tour due to Trees and I've been waiting to see Joyce Manor for ages. 

15 hours ago, justanothername said:

Gonna say no on that one since the dates they're playing over Trees are Leeds, Manchester and Southampton there is no way they're gonna be able to Trees then rush over to either one of those places. I know it's around the same distance for what Panic did but the promotion from Big Weekend would be a far bigger factor to consider. I mean they could play early on at Trees but don't see why they'd do it. Hope I'm wrong though as I'm gonna have to miss this tour due to Trees and I've been waiting to see Joyce Manor for ages. 

Only about 2 hours from Southampton to Cheltenham so i wouldn't entirely write off them playing the Thursday, still doubt it but it's just some wishful thinking, surprised that Trees didn't end up booking them as they are in the country at the time but i guess they couldn't agree on anything.

6 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

So it's Deaf Havana for the fan voted set. Other bands are Spring King, Dave Hause & The Mermaid, Oathbreaker, Milk Teeth, Svalbard, Employed to Serve, The Dirty Nil, Lemuria, Freeze The Atlantic and The Winter Passing.

Not really much for me there.

Yup that's defo me out this year, have they over spent on last year. 

Really surprised by Deaf Havana. I would have preferred someone better but fair play to Trees I guess. Shame that they're not letting people vote for anything off the debut though though I wont see them. Thought they were boring headlining 2 years ago so no reason to see them this year

Also Oathbreaker are a great band. Their album they released last year was great and well worth a listen

• 3 weeks later...

Just realised that I'm seeing Arcade Fire on the Thursday of Trees which is a shame but given that I've been waiting years to see Arcade and that there isn't really anyone I'd really want to see (just Pulled Apart By Horses, Feed The Rhino and Munice Girls and I'm not dying to see those three anyway) but I still have a few questions if anyone here could answer that would be great :D 

1) What time would be the best time to get to the campsite at on Thursday and how busy would it be. There is only going to be and my mate so it shouldn't be hard to find a spot for us at all and given that the camp is tiny it's not really a huge deal where we camp as long as it's not family camping and we can't get there too early (going from Rotherham via a train and megabus). Also acts start on at 12 don't they? I'm fairly certain that's the case but I just want to make sure

2) Very random question and actually got nothing to do with the festival but my journey. How far is the Birmingham Coach station to the train station. To get there before acts (and not pay a ridiculous train fare for some reason, it's fine if I want to get there later and on the way back) I'm planning on taking the Megabus down to Birmingham and getting the train to Cheltenham from there and since I have all my camping gear I wont want to be walking far across Birmingham city centre. Would I be better off getting a cab or something?