2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

Conspiracy theory 101.  Frank Turner just released tour dates.  If you pre-order the album before end of Tuesday then you get a code to enter the pre-sale for gig tickets.  Could this timing be the reason behind the next announcement being on Wednesday?  

Long shot I know :-)

4 minutes ago, Martinmjgh said:

Conspiracy theory 101.  Frank Turner just released tour dates.  If you pre-order the album before end of Tuesday then you get a code to enter the pre-sale for gig tickets.  Could this timing be the reason behind the next announcement being on Wednesday?  

Long shot I know :-)

I doubt it considering the headliner being announced on Wednesday is Enter Shikari.

On 28/01/2018 at 4:00 PM, Jack w said:

Ok cool cheers that’s good I’ll probably spend Thursday night at the second stage as i’ve already seen ATDI and they were average imo, creeper would be great.

Agreed this is looking great for me too, just checked out He’ll is for Heroes and Turbowolf and they’re also quality along with the rest of the lineup. Enter Shikari or Neck Deepcon wednesday would be great.

Just an fyi, the alternative to ATDI will probably be only either comedy or whoever is on in the Forrest (and even then it tends to be a very small arts, though it's super chill and I'd recommend it if you don't want to see ATDI). I reckon they're just replacing one either The Axiom or The Cave and alternating acts as they normally do. I still think they want to keep the Thursday a bit smaller. Also I need to listen to Hell Is For Heroes and I saw Turbowolf the first Trees I went too. They were good fun.

27 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Just an fyi, the alternative to ATDI will probably be only either comedy or whoever is on in the Forrest (and even then it tends to be a very small arts, though it's super chill and I'd recommend it if you don't want to see ATDI). I reckon they're just replacing one either The Axiom or The Cave and alternating acts as they normally do. I still think they want to keep the Thursday a bit smaller. Also I need to listen to Hell Is For Heroes and I saw Turbowolf the first Trees I went too. They were good fun.

Ohh ok I see thanks, I think I will probably spend a bit of time at everything that's on Thursday night with some drinks to get a feel for everything and that. Do you definitely recommend Trees over something like Truck fest? Seems like the perfect festival for me overall.

5 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Ohh ok I see thanks, I think I will probably spend a bit of time at everything that's on Thursday night with some drinks to get a feel for everything and that. Do you definitely recommend Trees over something like Truck fest? Seems like the perfect festival for me overall.

I've never been Truck so I can never really say but I've only heard good things about it. Though, one or two people I  know who went last year said that it felt a bit different too previous years. It was taken over by Global last year (or the year before I'm not sure but it was their first year running it I believe) and they said you could tell. Trees is still an independent festival it still prides it self on it. It feels may more down to earth and the people running love to do it. I say have a look at both line ups and see what you really prefer but if it's pretty even I'd say do Trees. If you can do both then I'd recommend that you do but if it was between Truck or Trees I'd pick Trees any day but that's just me.

Also you can take your own drinks around the arena (well the arena and campsite are integrated together which is cool) which is plus over Truck I guess :P 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justanothername said:

I've never been Truck so I can never really say but I've only heard good things about it. Though, one or two people I  know who went last year said that it felt a bit different too previous years. It was taken over by Global last year (or the year before I'm not sure but it was their first year running it I believe) and they said you could tell. Trees is still an independent festival it still prides it self on it. It feels may more down to earth and the people running love to do it. I say have a look at both line ups and see what you really prefer but if it's pretty even I'd say do Trees. If you can do both then I'd recommend that you do but if it was between Truck or Trees I'd pick Trees any day but that's just me.

Also you can take your own drinks around the arena (well the arena and campsite are integrated together which is cool) which is plus over Truck I guess :P 

I haven't been to Truck either but have been to Trees the last two years and was already booked to go this year before the announcement.  Apart from the take-your-own-drink plus point, and the general atmosphere, the other selling point is the Forest Stage, where many of the bands from the other stages play acoustic sets in, as the name suggests, a forest. They really ramped up the forest stage last year, running it on all three nights and getting most of the high-up acts playing it.  There are also late night 'Camp' stages where again you'll get acts (usually from lower down the bill) playing extra sets.

Oh and it's got the Cheese Truck too ...!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, WFD said:

I haven't been to Truck either but have been to Trees the last two years and was already booked to go this year before the announcement.  Apart from the take-your-own-drink plus point, and the general atmosphere, the other selling point is the Forest Stage, where many of the bands from the other stages play acoustic sets in, as the name suggests, a forest. They really ramped up the forest stage last year, running it on all three nights and getting most of the high-up acts playing it.  There are also late night 'Camp' stages where again you'll get acts (usually from lower down the bill) playing extra sets.

Oh and it's got the Cheese Truck too ...!

Trees it is then, haven't seen a bad word said about it.

Not sure how likely Neck Deep are with the prominent Download slot (aren't they headlining third), can see them being on exclusive for that as part of Download trying to diverse a bit and target younger people with the avalanche stage

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Well it's not necessarily 100% that they won't but they've already gone and announced UK dates. Don't see why they wouldn't have announced the headline slot with it if they were doing it.

I'd say they're 100% out. They're a bigger act than ATDI who were touted as 'the biggest US headliner we've ever booked'. I think Brian Fallon will be there though.