2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

Also weather according to different places

Google: Showers on Thursday and Friday afternoon but dry on Saturday (they said thunderstorms yesterday)

BBC: Dry on Thursday and Saturday but showers Friday afternoon/evening

Met office: Showers on early Thursday morning and scattered throughout Friday and a dry Saturday

It keeps changing all the time from what I can see and I always find Google to be slightly pessimistic about their weather forecasts. Think there will be some rain on Friday but probably best checking as close to the day as you can

3 minutes ago, Faroque said:

Google said thunderstorms all day for Slamdunk South while MetOffice said clear. Was hardly any rain. Generally I find Google's weather a bit suspicious. 

Yeah Google is always a bit pessimistic with their weather. No idea why their set their algorithm to do that. I remember times when I've been sat outside on a sunny clear day when Google when I've checked my phone for google to say it should be raining

Edited by justanothername

23 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yeah I was worried that there would be a Sheffield date and it'd sell out but given that there are nearly 30 dates on this tour I think it's fair to say it (and most of the dates) wont sell out for a while

Ha yeah our concern when they said 'intimate venues' was they'd be playing the Brickyard in Carlisle so we had someone lined up to get tickets while we were at Trees.

1 minute ago, WFD said:

Ha yeah our concern when they said 'intimate venues' was they'd be playing the Brickyard in Carlisle so we had someone lined up to get tickets while we were at Trees.

I knew that it was going to be smaller venues but I think the giveaway for me was when they said it would be intimate compared to their recent tour. That being said, I thought it would only medium size academy stint and not a tour stretching over 3 months. Anyway, I think the total combined capacity on this tour is bigger and I don't believe any of the dates were sold out for their previous tour. Should be fine getting a ticket and even then, should be loads on resale later.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:45 AM, justanothername said:

I knew that it was going to be smaller venues but I think the giveaway for me was when they said it would be intimate compared to their recent tour. 

They're coming to Inverness so I now love them again :)

First time I've been to Trees and had areally fun festival. My favourites were pretty much as expected - Shikari, Arcane Roots and We Were Promised Jetpacks - but I was surprised at how good Touche Amore were live. Didn't get the chance to discover much new music but I definitely need to check ASIWYFA out over the next couple of days.

Got back yesterday but just back online this morning.

Minor moans:

Longer hike from the car park, which has been moved from where it usually is - would have been nice to have been warned (the festival shares every other little detail) - but can see why they've moved it and the new parking set up was a bit more professional.

Shikari forest set was a bit of shambles, too much tuning and soundchecking during the set - don't know whether Rou arrived later than expected, or just tried to wing it, but it wasn't a great look in front of a big crowd.

However other than that had a great weekend, top five in no particular order were Hell is for Heroes, Touche Amore, Turnstile, Jamie Lenman (with a rare playing of Freddie Kreuger) and WWPJ.  The campsite was bigger than the last two years, with the boundary fence right up against the track, so taking in the area that used to be for camper vans, with the campers now in the old car park behind the hedge.  Seemed a lot busier on the Thursday, it will be interesting to see how they run it next year, I quite liked the lower key intro on the Thursday in the last couple of years but can see it's in their interests financially to run it as a full three day festival.  Oh and the cashless system seemed to work fine for everyone in our group.

Actually feeling worse today than I did yesterday somehow :lol:

But anyway great festival. Top acts for me have to be

Turnstile - Best live band going and best act of the weekend and they had a bloody barrier.
Touche Amore - Incredible set. Managed to crowd surf for Honest Sleep near the end and the next thing I know is I'm right next to Jeremy. Can't wait for the next album
Black Peaks - Smashed it out of the park. Loved being there and the crowd loved them. Great to see bands like that climb up the line ups
Enter Shikari - Was it just me but did they have sound problems at the start? Sounded too quiet at the start and then too much bass a bit later. Eventually it was all sorted out and it sounded great. Loved the Ghandi/Mothership/Insomina mash up they did as well.
Conjurer - How and why Download didn't book this band baffles me as they're incredible. Really want to see these guys go far.

On of top of that Nervus, Skinny Lister, Gallops and Beans on Toast were all really enjoyable as well. Had a good time and met some great people. Already looking forward to the next one

It was my first time at Trees, having talked about going for years.  We had the luxury of campervans, but wouldn't have minded camping in one of the quieter areas.  Glad we finally made it, and certain it won't be the last time.  Great organisation, great vibe, nice size (easy on my weary old legs).  Loved the cashless system, despite a minor issue with auto top-up not working on Saturday which was quickly resolved.

Band highlights for me were Hell Is For Heroes, Vodun, Turnstile, Basement and Fangclub.

I must say I think 2000 Trees has become my favourite fest and I will be back for sure.  Top five of the weekend in no particular order would be Turnstile, Gold Key, Hellions, Touche Amore, and Shikari.  I really hope they bring back the karaoke next year as it was a great time.  One other thing I noticed is the fest becoming a friday-sunday next year? They had the dates posted on the posters as the 12,13,14 which could be a mistake or maybe they are going to that format.  

38 minutes ago, tbrock said:

One other thing I noticed is the fest becoming a friday-sunday next year? They had the dates posted on the posters as the 12,13,14 which could be a mistake or maybe they are going to that format.  

I don’t think they are. The tickets that are on sale this week are from Thursday the 11th. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, berger55 said:

Sounds like a nice festival. Try to go there next year on a UK trip. How is the location served with public transport? I saw that buses running from Cheltenham Spa to the side. Is it a good idea to stay in Cheltenham if we don't wanna camp? 

I don't think they run busses from the site back into cheltenham each evening after the event, however it isn't too far for getting  cab into Cheltenham. Alternatively you could look at the VIP camping options, if you don't fancy camping on the cold hard ground.

3 hours ago, huntyyy said:

I don't think they run busses from the site back into cheltenham each evening after the event, however it isn't too far for getting  cab into Cheltenham. Alternatively you could look at the VIP camping options, if you don't fancy camping on the cold hard ground.

Yeah cab would be an option. Is it easy to get one after the last acts played? Because my plan is to go hiking and wild camping in Snowdonia during the week, i maybe prefer a comfortable bed for the weekend :) But if the weather and camp ground is fine, i may consider to camp on the festival too.