2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

Yeah they're gonna scan your ticket and then link that ticket to your wristband. Not sure how much longer it will take to get in but press are being told to arriver earlier this year. (We're allowed entry from 9:30am and have to notify if we're gonna be there after 2pm).

This is also the case for all the days so even if you've got a day ticket I'd say get down as soon as you can no matter what day you're turning up.

3 hours ago, Rylbld9 said:

Any idea how much a tent and sleeping bag will cost on the site? Don't currently own either and I'm travelling by train so I'm trying to save the hassle on the journey there.

Quite a bit I reckon. Think a sleeping bag will be 20 max and tent maybe 40-60. 

Also, my mate is asking about drugs. Do they have sniffers there? Never seen them myself but two years I got in early because I worked and the other year we got there late on the Friday so just checking. 

14 hours ago, justanothername said:

Quite a bit I reckon. Think a sleeping bag will be 20 max and tent maybe 40-60. 

Also, my mate is asking about drugs. Do they have sniffers there? Never seen them myself but two years I got in early because I worked and the other year we got there late on the Friday so just checking. 

No they don't, and the security checks aren't overly thorough, they're only really looking for glass 

On 6/24/2018 at 5:14 PM, justanothername said:

There is also a clashfinder with set times at the info tent so you can keep going there if you don't fancy paying for the set times.

Would add that in 2016 their info tent actually displayed a clashfinder that some random had made on Clashfinder.com that had some very wrong times on it, so be careful if you plan to do this. 

20 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

No they don't, and the security checks aren't overly thorough, they're only really looking for glass 

Cheers for that, I thought that was the case anyway

13 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Would add that in 2016 their info tent actually displayed a clashfinder that some random had made on Clashfinder.com that had some very wrong times on it, so be careful if you plan to do this. 

Yeah that's actually true. Didn't know it was one from clashfinder. I thought it was an old one. Well, Saves The Day on it was also a big give away. Last year they did have an official one so there is that

On 7/7/2018 at 7:01 PM, Rylbld9 said:

Any idea how much a tent and sleeping bag will cost on the site? Don't currently own either and I'm travelling by train so I'm trying to save the hassle on the journey there.

My brother bought a 2 man tent in 2016 because he realised he'd left the poles for his tent at home (clever I know) and I believe it was £30 if that helps

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, I am thinking about getting a last minute ticket to the Saturday, only thing is the festival is not running a shuttle bus that day. Anyone familiar with the festival, is there a normal bus service running to/near the festival site? Or will i have to shell out for a taxi?

3 minutes ago, Rowan93 said:

Hi guys, I am thinking about getting a last minute ticket to the Saturday, only thing is the festival is not running a shuttle bus that day. Anyone familiar with the festival, is there a normal bus service running to/near the festival site? Or will i have to shell out for a taxi?

Taxi I'm afraid, it's a long way from a routine bus stop as far as I know.  Maybe worth asking on Twitter or Facebook whether anyone wants to share a taxi to/from the site?

8 minutes ago, WFD said:

Taxi I'm afraid, it's a long way from a routine bus stop as far as I know.  Maybe worth asking on Twitter or Facebook whether anyone wants to share a taxi to/from the site?

Thanks man, hmm thats a shame, I'm mainly going for Shikari, who've just announced an upcoming uk tour, so may be worth just waiting to save the price getting out of hand this time.

4 hours ago, Rowan93 said:

Thanks man, hmm thats a shame, I'm mainly going for Shikari, who've just announced an upcoming uk tour, so may be worth just waiting to save the price getting out of hand this time.

That Shikari tour is being described as an intimate venues tour, with tickets on sale Friday 9am, while a lot of us will be in the signal hellhole that is 2000 Trees. Last year I had to use the merch tent wifi to buy Ed Sheeran tickets for my daughter, and disappointingly I was successful !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

My mate has pulled out last minute. What’s the festival like for someone on their own? I’m gutted as my wife really not keen on the safety of me going alone. I’m gutted!!

Probably the best festival you could go to alone.

Site is small and friendly.  Easy to get around, plenty of space so you won't feel overwhelmed by people, generally a very friendly crowd.

• Upvote 1

Agree with that ^

Very friendly and well organised and a complete lack of a-holes, everyone is there for the music and vibe.  There are areas like the Forest stage or the chill out area at the back of the main stage area where you can get talking to people if you want, or if you don't want to be bothered people won't hassle you.

• Upvote 1

I've done solo twice and I've had a great time both of those times. Most people there are for the music and those are not tend to be local teenagers who aren't any trouble at all.

Also I have no idea what the weather will be like. Seen reports ranging from saying it's going to be beautiful all weekend to that there are going to be thunderstorms and it will chuck it down on the Friday afternoon. Hope it turns out fine in the end!

Edited by justanothername

10 hours ago, justanothername said:

I've done solo twice and I've had a great time both of those times. Most people there are for the music and those are not tend to be local teenagers who aren't any trouble at all.

Also I have no idea what the weather will be like. Seen reports ranging from saying it's going to be beautiful all weekend to that there are going to be thunderstorms and it will chuck it down on the Friday afternoon. Hope it turns out fine in the end!

BBC currently showing only a few hours of showers on Friday afternoon and even then only a 20% chance of rain, and still hot. 

39 minutes ago, WFD said:

That Shikari tour isn't really that 'intimate' anyway - it's basically the Academy circuit they were playing before they attempted to step up to arenas.  Extensive tour, lots of dates.

Yeah I was worried that there would be a Sheffield date and it'd sell out but given that there are nearly 30 dates on this tour I think it's fair to say it (and most of the dates) wont sell out for a while