2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

Plugged in the new names but it's haphazard as all hell, the gaps left in some of the stages just don't match up with the announcement - at least based on last year's numbers/timings and the info on the lineup page. Leaving it to folk with more knowledge than me to muck about with orders etc until there's official word. Pretty lukewarm on the lineup this year tbh.

1 minute ago, huntyyy said:

Unfortunately the band that were supposed to sub-headline can no longer play, and therefore there is a fantastic opportunity for Arcane Roots.

Yeah of course, I just assumed they might try and replace Frightened Rabbit with a similarly-sized band. No real complaints though, Arcane Roots will most likely smash it.

It is being presented as the final announcement after all - the efestivals report and a Kerrang report both say it's the final one.

On the Kerrang one it mentions that the Forest Stage will also feature 15 BIMM artists plus musicians from the University of Gloucestershire, so that explains that - there will be more names added, just not known names.

If that's the case, and I've not checked, then it seems to make the Forest stage a bit weaker than last year - I'm sure more artists doubled up last year? 

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

The undercard does seem a little weak at a glance. Not sure that Thursday really justifies them opening Main Stage for the day, but fair. 

Overall I'm really happy with the line up and think they spent a good chunk on ATDI and Shikari which has made the undercard slightly weaker. The main thing which made last year my favourite was the likes of The Wonder Years/The Menzingers/The Front Bottoms and thought they might have a few more bands along those lines this year...

I guess it's not always easy for them to match up with those kind of American bands' schedule if they're not on the European fest circuit like Touche Amore and Turnstile. Slam Dunk hover up quite a few of them too. They're unlucky not to have got Brian Fallon or The Flatliners who are over the next week. 

16 hours ago, WFD said:

It is being presented as the final announcement after all - the efestivals report and a Kerrang report both say it's the final one.

cos the press release did.

16 hours ago, WFD said:

On the Kerrang one it mentions that the Forest Stage will also feature 15 BIMM artists plus musicians from the University of Gloucestershire, so that explains that - there will be more names added, just not known names.

again, from the press release. I used a version of that because it wasn't used in a way that was clear about what exactly it was saying - so I vagued it a bit further to remove the inference that the announced bands included those 15.

28 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Yeah the forest stage is always filled out by BIMM people that don't get announced just added on the times when you get there.

News on a Frightened Rabbit tribute coming soon.

I was worried there for a minute they werent doing one, glad to hear it.

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Yeah the forest stage is always filled out by BIMM people that don't get announced just added on the times when you get there.

I've heard too, really glad they're doing one. That's going to be difficult to hear though!

Do you know who's headlining the Saturday Cave?

22 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They've now announced the full line up for the Forest, with the BIMM and local acts included, in an announcement-after-the-final-announcement - reckon this should have come out yesterday but maybe something held it up at the last minute, or it got missed off somehow.

Hoping they sort out the stages on the lineup page soon. Seems to be pretty out of whack atm. Like Saturday Axiom has 10 bands while the Cave has 6. Sikth seem perfect band for the Cave but a bit weak for a headliner but then they got dropped in with the Axiom lot. I think HIFH will still do Axiom as always been on there and make more sense against Enter Shikari. Which sucks as would love to see both.

Edited by SOAD

7 hours ago, SOAD said:

Hoping they sort out the stages on the lineup page soon. Seems to be pretty out of whack atm. Like Saturday Axiom has 10 bands while the Cave has 6. Sikth seem perfect band for the Cave but a bit weak for a headliner but then they got dropped in with the Axiom lot. I think HIFH will still do Axiom as always been on there and make more sense against Enter Shikari. Which sucks as would love to see both.

Yeah, it's a bit odd. And at the moment, it would appear to suggest that Raging Speedhorn would be Cave headliners which would be... odd.

There are also only six bands on Friday Main Stage at present.

I reckon there could be another small announcement after all.

Edited by Andrinald

26 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Yeah, it's a bit odd. And at the moment, it would appear to suggest that Raging Speedhorn would be Cave headliners which would be... odd.

There are also only six bands on Friday Main Stage at present.

I reckon there could be another small announcement after all.

There could be a small announcement, and/or maybe a couple of tbc's when the clashfinder comes out - not necessarily secret sets but bands being confirmed closer to the time due to other announcements etc (like last year when the Xcerts were confirmed late).  There was also the talk of a Frightened Rabbit tribute so there could be a slot for that somewhere depending on the format.

Being such a small fest they aren't going to have full time PR people involved and will tend to do this stuff in bursts (like when they only added the bands from the previous announcement to the line up just before the most recent one).  They still have Frightened Rabbit on some of the posters used on the website and social media, another example of where they haven't kept everything fully up to date.

4 hours ago, tbrock said:

Let's all just hope it goes better than Download 2015, that said the free money bonus is alright.

Or Galtres. Or Fyre.

The problem isn't just creating a dependency on technology that may or may not work in less than optimum conditions, it's also that both the public and the vendors are effectively lending money to the Festival (or the administrators of the cashless scheme) and if it all goes tits up, then both can lose out.

6 minutes ago, SOAD said:

I had no problems with the system personally at Download and thought it was so much easier so happy they are doing it at Trees

I actually didn't either, when I turned up on Thursday afternoon it was working fine.  The only issue I could forsee with Trees though is the lack of the extra days before the actual festival kicks off.  But I'm sure it'll work well and I'm happy about it because now I don't really have to exchange my money.