2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

I'd be disappointed with Twin Atlantic as a headliner to be honest - repeat headliner from two years ago when the festival otherwise seems to be increasing its range of headliners and strength in depth.  Decent undercard booking but even then it's a curious move for them to take a step down so quickly.

If the rumours they had Brand New booked were true then maybe not much they could do when trying to get a replacement once most bands had been booked in for summer fests already. Could be that bigger targets already had exclusive deals or what have you elsewhere. Perhaps they tried for Turner but didn't work out logistically with the US tour. 

Like I said before, Twin Atlantic are a slight disappointment but can see everyone's point that they maybe were a fallback option.

Happy with We Were Promised Jetpacks and Courage My Love for a bit of variety, and Mastersystem (Frightened Rabbit/Editors side project) are an interesting addition.

Good all round line up now, happy with it and looking forward to it.

37 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

So happy with Avalanche Party, Twin Atlantic are a bit of a let down but not unhappy with them at all.

Were the Moose Blood allegations proven to be true? Not too clued up on the whole case.

No, they launched legal proceedings after denying it, don't believe there's been an update since then.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

I notice a few bands have switched days too... Fatherson / ASIWYFA / Press To Meco amongst others.

I'm overall very happy with the line up but we were really spoiled with The Wonder Years and The Menzingers as Cave headliners last year (although I do love me some Creeper).

Twin Atlantic is a pretty big let down for me considering that I thought it was going to be Frank Turner for sure.  But with that said Palm Reader, Woes, Cove, Sikth are all awesome.  Keen to check out We Were Promised Jetpacks as well, and I know that I'm going to shamelessly catch Moose Blood as well....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Just done a rough calculation, think there about another 14 or so bands (excluding Forest Sessions etc).

Do we think there is still a Cave headliner to go? I think there probably is as I reckon Moose Blood will sub Enter Shikari and call see Sikth headlining it. Unless Moose Blood do.

Still hoping for something more along the lines of The Wonder Years / Menzingers from last year.

1 hour ago, Andrinald said:

Yeah I was thinking it might be Black Peaks but could definitely be someone else. 

The 14 bands was based on the clashfinder that someone was working on (which has the extra main stage bands on it) - https:///s/2000trees2018/?user=0d6md8.oy&

I thought for a second that most of those bands had actually been confirmed for main and was imagining how empty the main field was gonna be most of the day ha

Clashfinder is mine and based entirely on guesswork (for band's without an official stage listed on the site), and timings/numbers on the template from last year. Honestly there's a fair few names on there I don't recognise so there's bound to be some pretty off-base positions for the minute. Edits from those who know better would be very much welcomed. 

• Upvote 2