2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

17 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Maybe it's The Gaslight Anthem, and they're leaving the announcement as late as possible to get their tour tickets sold?

Nah, they were pushing ATDI hard as the 'biggest US headliner to date' & Gaslight are bigger. Plus, Gaslight don't have any Euro festival shows announced but Brian Fallon has. Still surprised that Fallon hasn't been announced tbh, thought he was a lock for Trees this year.

42 minutes ago, theramm said:

Nah, they were pushing ATDI hard as the 'biggest US headliner to date' & Gaslight are bigger. Plus, Gaslight don't have any Euro festival shows announced but Brian Fallon has. Still surprised that Fallon hasn't been announced tbh, thought he was a lock for Trees this year.

Think they was pushing Brand New as the biggest US headliner to date but then had to announce At The Drive In instead. 

8 hours ago, theramm said:

Me too tbh but at this point I think the last headliner will be more 'indie friendly'. Maybe someone like Maximo Park? Are Editors too big?

I heard rumours of 'The Descendants' a bit ago but that was likely bollocks.

Yeah it was me who said that about the descendents but they’ve got dates that weekend now 

On 25/04/2018 at 3:15 PM, theramm said:

They tweeted they'd booked their final headliner well after ATDI were announced, so I wouldnt rule out Gaslight just cause of the 'biggest American band' thing

I really doubt the last headliner will be Frank Turner now. If it was smaller venues then fair enough, but he’s doing an arena tour. 

I’m still placing my bets on Frank Carter. Them and Basement are playing a festival in Europe the same weekend too, so they could easily fly over. 

Edited by somethingpersonal
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, harry5573 said:

They tweeted they'd booked their final headliner well after ATDI were announced, so I wouldnt rule out Gaslight just cause of the 'biggest American band' thing

So why wait this long to announce them given that they're not playing any other fests and most of their tour dates are sold out? 

6 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Someone on the Download forums speculated that it could be The Darkness doing a 15-year anniversary show for Permission To Land... thoughts?

Alternatively, anyone reckon it could be The Hives?

If it's The Darkness after all this time then that'd be a disappointment but thank god I don't ever see it happening. Also The Hives are certainly about and I guess they could do it but I just don't see it happening for some reason 

9 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Someone on the Download forums speculated that it could be The Darkness doing a 15-year anniversary show for Permission To Land... thoughts?

Alternatively, anyone reckon it could be The Hives?

I would be very surprised if it was The Darkness but The Hives could be a decent left-field shout. I'd be pleased!

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I'm saying either Neck Deep, You Me At Six or Skindred to be final headliner. Is next week's announcement a headliner announcement or just more of the undercard?

I asked them when the last headliner announcement would be and they said probably at the end of this month, so I think it will be 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

That'd be an annoying headliner announcement...

Anyone think they could play and not headline? Deaf Havana have done so in the past, and Frabbit this year. TA also playing very low down at Slam Dunk.

Twin Atlantic were announced as a special guest at Slam Dunk, im assuming that’s so they could put them further down the lineup than they should’ve been. I think if they were to play they’d definitely headline! Could be wrong though!!