2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

33 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Wonder if maybe they've still got a conditional offer out to Brand New and are still kind of hoping they can get away without being massively shit on for announcing them if they leave it a bit. 

I'd be extremely surprised if that happened. 

Marmozets maybe? They've pretty much got their two biggest ever headliners so a weak one wouldn't do them much harm. Announce them when their tour finishes in May.

Or Brand New had pulled out and they couldn't find a decent replacement, so barrel-scraped Twin Atlantic or someone to be announced after Slam Dunk?

47 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Wonder if maybe they've still got a conditional offer out to Brand New and are still kind of hoping they can get away without being massively shit on for announcing them if they leave it a bit. 

Not sure how reliable people are on there but people over on the Brand New subreddit generally seem to think they're done (supposedly coming from people in the know). Not sure it'd really be worth the hassle for a festival to risk booking them anyway.

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Interesting but I can’t see that happening. 

I would go in a heartbeat, though. 

• Downvote 1

I'm sure there's absolutely 0% chance of that happening, it would be a ridiculously dumb move from the fest. Like it clearly has a reputation for being forward thinking and anti commercial which has probably been the main factor in the fests growth. I don't think it would ever recover if they tried a stunt like that. If we were talking about Slam Dunk, maybe, but Trees just doesn't need to take risks like that.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, deadash321 said:

Are we assuming Franks 2019 UK tour dates announced today for next February, going on sale this Friday, are ruling him out? 

I'm not assuming that. He'd be a safe booking for them because the majority of the trees crowd worships the ground he walks on for some reason and would go see his tour anyway.

Skindred are someone with a tour that I could see it being.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

Frank announcing more dates is a bit odd but I don't think it rules him out entirely. Even if isn't the final headliner I can still see him doing a secret set. 

11 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Marmozets maybe? They've pretty much got their two biggest ever headliners so a weak one wouldn't do them much harm. Announce them when their tour finishes in May.

Or Brand New had pulled out and they couldn't find a decent replacement, so barrel-scraped Twin Atlantic or someone to be announced after Slam Dunk?

Marmozets are playing Mad Cool on the Friday so it's not going to be them. Twin Atlantic are a decent shout but I don't know why Slam Dunk would mean they're held back and I don't think Brand New pulling out would have had that affect. It all happened in November so there was still time for them get another decent headliner. 

7 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Skindred are someone with a tour that I could see it being.

Not a bad shout to be honest. 

37 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

What about a band like Less Than Jake?

Don't see it happening really 

1 minute ago, Lumz said:

I did think of Skindred but surely they're not big enough? If they're going to go with a smaller headliner I think Neck Deep could be in with a shout, was surprised when they weren't announced for Warped.

Skindred are bigger than LTA or NBT. Play Academies on their tour so are smaller than Shikari (obvs) but on a level footing with previous headliners.

59 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Is there even the slightest chance it could be Biffy Clyro doing their acoustic set?

I'd say the chances of that are really slim. 

50 minutes ago, Lumz said:

I did think of Skindred but surely they're not big enough? If they're going to go with a smaller headliner I think Neck Deep could be in with a shout, was surprised when they weren't announced for Warped.

I mean, I'd say Neck Deep are bigger than ATDI now. They've been playing larger venues and selling them out unlike ATDI who barely managed to sell half of the tickets for their previous tour even with countless 2 for 1 offers. 

3 hours ago, theramm said:

Skindred are bigger than LTA or NBT. Play Academies on their tour so are smaller than Shikari (obvs) but on a level footing with previous headliners.

LTA played academies on the tour previous to the current one, the current one being smaller venues but way more dates... Then NBT are only getting bigger and could certainly sell out academies with the amount of radio play they get! And both of those only co-headlined?

14 hours ago, justanothername said:

Frank announcing more dates is a bit odd but I don't think it rules him out entirely. Even if isn't the final headliner I can still see him doing a secret set. 

Marmozets are playing Mad Cool on the Friday so it's not going to be them. Twin Atlantic are a decent shout but I don't know why Slam Dunk would mean they're held back and I don't think Brand New pulling out would have had that affect. It all happened in November so there was still time for them get another decent headliner. 

Not a bad shout to be honest. 

Don't see it happening really 

Because they're playing the fest? Is that not a reason enough? Don't mean them specifically but anyone playing Slam Dunk and I assumed it'd be someone British. Maybe they've got TBS to replace them, middle finger type thing.

Skindred's a great shout though and would make a nice contrast to last years headliners.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Because they're playing the fest? Is that not a reason enough? Don't mean them specifically but anyone playing Slam Dunk and I assumed it'd be someone British. Maybe they've got TBS to replace them, middle finger type thing.

But acts playing Slam Dunk hasn't stopped them delaying announcements. Mallory Knox headlined the Thursday last year and they did Slam Dunk as well. Don't see why Trees would wait for SD to be over so they can announce the final headliner a month before the festival. They're not run by the same company so it's a bit odd for Trees to hinder themselves like that. I don't think it'll be anyone who is at Slam Dunk. Oh and TBS are in the US during Trees though I don't think they'd have been booked because of it. 

Also, we had the last announcements  of the biggish acts around early/mid April in the past few years so hopefully something will come soon.

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

But acts playing Slam Dunk hasn't stopped them delaying announcements. Mallory Knox headlined the Thursday last year and they did Slam Dunk as well. Don't see why Trees would wait for SD to be over so they can announce the final headliner a month before the festival. They're not run by the same company so it's a bit odd for Trees to hinder themselves like that. I don't think it'll be anyone who is at Slam Dunk. Oh and TBS are in the US during Trees though I don't think they'd have been booked because of it. 

Also, we had the last announcements  of the biggish acts around early/mid April in the past few years so hopefully something will come soon.

Fair enough, I'd have thought some bands have clauses about stuff like that given that R&L holds SD bands back even though they're different companies, but yeah Skindred makes perfect sense so I'll deffo go for them instead. TBS wasn't a serious suggestion btw.

10 hours ago, LiamEP said:

Right now I’m just hoping they don’t book an indie band as the last headliner, seems to be so much less on the lineup compared to last year what if they try to make up the numbers

Me too tbh but at this point I think the last headliner will be more 'indie friendly'. Maybe someone like Maximo Park? Are Editors too big?

I heard rumours of 'The Descendants' a bit ago but that was likely bollocks.

11 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Fair enough, I'd have thought some bands have clauses about stuff like that given that R&L holds SD bands back even though they're different companies, but yeah Skindred makes perfect sense so I'll deffo go for them instead. TBS wasn't a serious suggestion btw.

They might have clauses but SD aren't really a festival to go after exclusives and given that both fests sell really well I doubt there is much concern if they share one or two acts. There is already Creeper playing both and one or two maybe announced but I think that's more due to the fact that Trees likes to announce a few decent size names to buff out each announcement. 

2 hours ago, theramm said:

Me too tbh but at this point I think the last headliner will be more 'indie friendly'. Maybe someone like Maximo Park? Are Editors too big?

I heard rumours of 'The Descendants' a bit ago but that was likely bollocks.

It's not going to be Maximo Park. The Indie bands they book always had some crossover appeal

34 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Could still be Wolf Alice? But would require flying over between gigs in Portugal and Spain?

Doubt it'll be Wolf Alice