2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

Just now, Pop Punk Sucks said:

How old do you look? I know you get ID'd on the way in but that's mainly if you're taking alcohol in. Not sure they'd even think about actually ID'ing you for being 16 unless you looked proper proper young. Not like you can really get that many ID cards for being 16 anyway. I reckon you'd be fine unless you look about 10 and have a really high pitch voice (if you're a guy). If they do ask how old you are I'm sure you'd be fine if you just said 16 confidently.  

Yeah I think I could easily pass for over 16 I'm 6'3 which helps lmao, I haven't had trouble getting into 16 + concerts but I've never attempted a fest. I was thinking what kind of ID could they really ask for as a 16 year old besides like a passport and surely they wouldn't want me to take that to a festival for the day. I just want to be sure before I spend the money, make the couple hour trip down just to be turned away haha. I mean, if it comes to it I'd be willing to just ask someone else going in to pretend i'm with them but don't fancy it too much haha.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah I think I could easily pass for over 16 I'm 6'3 which helps lmao, I haven't had trouble getting into 16 + concerts but I've never attempted a fest. I was thinking what kind of ID could they really ask for as a 16 year old besides like a passport and surely they wouldn't want me to take that to a festival for the day. I just want to be sure before I spend the money, make the couple hour trip down just to be turned away haha. I mean, if it comes to it I'd be willing to just ask someone else going in to pretend i'm with them but don't fancy it too much haha.

Mate if you're 6'3 I wouldn't even worry about it :lol:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Anyone who's been over the past couple years, how easy would it be for me to get in on the Saturday unaccompanied as i'm 15 and it says under 16s need to be accompanied. Just wondering if there's any ID checks or anything? Really wanna see Shikari and get in but just wanted to check how easy it is or if i'll need to find someone over 18 to come in.

Unless you can get a lift it's going to be expensive. No shuttle buses on the sat and the site is a few miles from the station. It's around £25 for a taxi so you could be spending £50 just to get there and back from the train station alone. 

22 hours ago, LiamEP said:

Went to the frank turner show tonight, he said something along the lines of announcing more uk shows at the end of his tour so I’d bet that’s when he gets announced for trees

Alright Tinfoil hat on, what about Ghost? Doesn't seem like a Trees booking but they aren't announced for any UK festivals in a summer where they're playing festivals all summer long.  Available the same weekend and around the same size as both of the other headliners, could be a totally out of left field announcement. But I imagine it is probably Frank Turner or maybe Neck Deep.  

15 hours ago, tbrock said:

Alright Tinfoil hat on, what about Ghost? Doesn't seem like a Trees booking but they aren't announced for any UK festivals in a summer where they're playing festivals all summer long.  Available the same weekend and around the same size as both of the other headliners, could be a totally out of left field announcement. But I imagine it is probably Frank Turner or maybe Neck Deep.  

Think I heard they've got some UK dates that haven't been announced. Not sure when they are yet but sure I heard that somewhere. 

4 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'd bloody love it if it were Ghost. Would be a real left field booking, can't see why they'd hold back on announcing though.

Myself as well, and I mean I'm not getting my hopes up but it's completely possible just not likely. 

Definitely looks like Frank Turner at this point if he's said he's announcing other stuff after his tour. Ghost would be a real curveball, but just not sure this festival goes with Enter Shikari, At The Drive In and Ghost as it's headliners, especially after having Slaves, Lower Than Atlantis and Nothing But Thieves headline last year. 

14 hours ago, LiamEP said:

does anyone see them booking bury tomorrow this year? they've got a new album coming and hardly any upcoming dates. I think they'd be a really good band to add on.

They said a while back that Download is their only festival this year unfortunately!

7 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Be a decent Saturday if it was: 

Frank Turner 

Brian Fallon

The Wonder Years 

It's Friday headliner still to come but yeah that line up would be great.

Arcane Roots are down for Thursday main on the trees site but have just announced a gig in reading on the Thursday.

12 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Think that would be only be about 3 weeks wouldn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if they held out that long if they announced a few smaller bands inbetween. 

Especially if they announced the wonder years say next weekend or so