2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Considering picking up a Saturday ticket for this if another mate comes. I want to see Refused, Ash, WSTR and I'd see The King Blue again as I won't get to at Glasto, Sikth and Creeper I guess. 

Any thoughts on the fest?

I don't really like Victorious Sunday enough just to go for Ash and sit through NGHFB - they were okay the 1st time but 2nd album wasn't all that. Ashcroft would change this mind you but don't see it happening.

Edited by thewayiam

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Considering picking up a Saturday ticket for this if another mate comes. I want to see Refused, Ash, WSTR and I'd see The King Blue again as I won't get to at Glasto, Sikth and Creeper I guess. 

Any thoughts on the fest?

I don't really like Victorious Sunday enough just to go for Ash and sit through NGHFB - they were okay the 1st time but 2nd album wasn't all that. Ashcroft would change this mind you but don't see it happening.

I went last year for the first time as my missus got me tickets for Christmas. Absolutely loved it. Musically not massively my cup of tea (more of an indie-head) but still had a brilliant weekend. Gutted not going this year but can't recommend it highly enough. If you can do the whole weekend though do that rather than just a day. 

3 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

I went last year for the first time as my missus got me tickets for Christmas. Absolutely loved it. Musically not massively my cup of tea (more of an indie-head) but still had a brilliant weekend. Gutted not going this year but can't recommend it highly enough. If you can do the whole weekend though do that rather than just a day. 

I probably can't tbh and nothing interests me Thursday or Friday. Cheers though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the ground conditions on site at the moment? The weather for the rest of the week looks promising, and its been dry for a few days now so Im hoping for a welly-less weekend!

They've posted some pics on facebook and the ground looks good. I don't live too far away and everything is pretty much dry now we've had a bit of dry weather - shouldn't be any need for wellies. A good thing too as not sure I could deal with more mud after Glastonbury. 

Enjoyed this yesterday. The price is pay for what you get, urinals or what they call urinals are quite poor. Its clear to see where expense is spared. The the bar queues take some time sometimes and its very dear for what you are buying.

Camping looks decent though, Forest Sessions and Stage main stage/The Cave viewing is fairly decent. Not used to having that view for a headliner being shorter and taking your own drink in is good.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Enjoyed this yesterday. The price is pay for what you get, urinals or what they call urinals are quite poor. Its clear to see where expense is spared. The the bar queues take some time sometimes and its very dear for what you are buying.

Camping looks decent though, Forest Sessions and Stage main stage/The Cave viewing is fairly decent. Not used to having that view for a headliner being shorter and taking your own drink in is good.

Not  sure why the bar queues were so hefty when you can take your own booze in and walk from the furthest campsite away to  mainstage in less  than ten minutes, surely people didn't pay almost £5 for a pint!?

12 minutes ago, harry5573 said:

Not  sure why the bar queues were so hefty when you can take your own booze in and walk from the furthest campsite away to  mainstage in less  than ten minutes, surely people didn't pay almost £5 for a pint!?

Well I did and possibly pther day ticket holders as I don really want to carry a bag full everywhere. I different camped as you can easily go to your tent and back with supply with a few minutes.

I did the stewarding for this year again and had a great time. Managed to see all of the acts I wanted apart from Frank Turner too but I still would have probably missed him as I wanted to see Moose Blood and Refused and made sure my shifts didn't clash with either of them Got to see ASIWYFA and The Bronx as I was positioned at The Cave instead so I can't really complain :P

Highlights for me have got to be Refused, Moose Blood, While She Sleeps, ASIWYFA, Black Peaks and Heck

4 hours ago, justanothername said:

I did the stewarding for this year again and had a great time. Managed to see all of the acts I wanted apart from Frank Turner too but I still would have probably missed him as I wanted to see Moose Blood and Refused and made sure my shifts didn't clash with either of them Got to see ASIWYFA and The Bronx as I was positioned at The Cave instead so I can't really complain :P

Highlights for me have got to be Refused, Moose Blood, While She Sleeps, ASIWYFA, Black Peaks and Heck

Refused were great, I thought WSS were awful but they aren't my thing so.

But again, The King Blues were as good as anyone and its hard for me to pick a better act to see atm.

On 7/10/2016 at 3:01 PM, thewayiam said:

Not sure what urinals you're on about. The main ones just before the road to get to Main Stage were fine all weekend - never really had to queue for them and were far better than the urinals you get at Download. The ones at Reading are better but not by much really. 

Wouldn't really say their bar prices were that bad really, especially for a festival where you can bring your own booze. £4.60 is standard festival price now, actually cheaper than some festivals and not bad when you consider it's not just crap you can buy in a supermarket for £1 a can. I only got one pint over the weekend just out of interest in trying their cider though. 

3 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Not sure what urinals you're on about. The main ones just before the road to get to Main Stage were fine all weekend - never really had to queue for them and were far better than the urinals you get at Download. The ones at Reading are better but not by much really. 

Wouldn't really say their bar prices were that bad really, especially for a festival where you can bring your own booze. £4.60 is standard festival price now, actually cheaper than some festivals and not bad when you consider it's not just crap you can buy in a supermarket for £1 a can. I only got one pint over the weekend just out of interest in trying their cider though. 

My point was more the urinals are pretty much just a mud pit to stand in and a haystack.....at least I only saw them and portaloos and I'm sure people wouldn't have chose them if there was alternative.

You are actually buying a recognized beer/cider from another festial most of the time though. This being said the cider tasted alright.

Saturday was the only day I thiught it was worth the price for me mind.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Be interesting to see what happens here now that Shikari are presumably out of the picture. Not sure what happened with the exclusivity thing. Only thing I can think of is that Reading and Leeds weren't fussed about sharing Shikari with Slam Dunk where there's less emphasis on the headliner and it isn't as close to Reading and Leeds. Often see some bands crossover between Slam Dunk and Reading and Leeds I suppose.

Not really sure who will headline now though.