Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anna Meredith Morning Meet.

Kedgeree, toffee apple cider and neo-industrial modern classical jams all round.

Hurly Burly cafe breakfast > West Holts opener seems to have naturally embedded itself as my Saturday morning routine. Such was the case in 2014 for Rev Payton's Big Damn Band and last year for Jane Weaver (preceded by Nadine Shah on William's Green, turning in a set which vied with Hot Chip and Patti Smith for the accolade of my personal favourite set of the year).

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

same here, but with chorizo breakfast from the tapas place. Could be a repeat this year. 

Oh yeah, very decent veggie breakfast there, me and all my camp enjoyed some of that while watching Cambodian Space Project on the Friday of last year. Actually, come to think of it, I saw all the WH openers last year. Was excellent, I'm moving from that field as little as humanly possible this year.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cambodian Space Project cancelled, mind....

HA! Well I watched whatever was on first that day

I actually remember being confused that there seemed to be nothing to do with space happening... or Cambodia. Whatever it was, it's was very cheerful and rousing.

And now Clashfinder says that Jane Weaver wasn't first on. I blame the sauce

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Magnificent work, as ever, BSR... (even though, as discussed, I don't really 'do' Spotify!)

1 hour ago, davidd said:

What a find that Anna Meredith album is , well played Brave Sir Robin.

Cheers both, can't take too much credit, turns out I wasn't even the first to post on here that she's playing. Very glad I've drawn people's attention to her appearance though - see you at the front. Now to decide between the tapas chorizo brekkie, the kedgeree, or, most likely, an early portion of sausage & tartiflette...

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Cheers both, can't take too much credit, turns out I wasn't even the first to post on here that she's playing. Very glad I've drawn people's attention to her appearance though - see you at the front. Now to decide between the tapas chorizo brekkie, the kedgeree, or, most likely, an early portion of sausage & tartiflette...

Veggie brekkie with a brandy coffee, stroll back to WH and set for a good day .

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

same here, but with chorizo breakfast from the tapas place. Could be a repeat this year. 

Kedgeree frankly disappointing after building myself up for it for a couple of years.

That chorizo breakfast has been my morning go to for the last 2 years, sometimes have sausage instead for a bit of a change. The brothers goes like a glass of orange juice with it to

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anna Meredith Morning Meet.

Kedgeree, toffee apple cider and neo-industrial modern classical jams all round.

This needs to be a thing. Not a thing of Thingy®-level significance, you understand, but still a thing.

Centre of the stage back just far enough for perfect sound from the speaker system?

Beard-stroking as the signal of being at the meet?

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't have a beard to stroke, I'm afraid - though I suppose it's not impossible that I'll still be sporting the synthetic one obtained for ZZ Top the day before.

That'll more than do, Gonzo.

Hey, guys...I bloody hate cover versions, but my new found love for Anna Meredith has made the following blooming' ace!

It's a friggin' Erasure cover!!!

On West Holts? I rather think so!

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This needs to be a thing. Not a thing of Thingy®-level significance, you understand, but still a thing.

Centre of the stage back just far enough for perfect sound from the speaker system?

Beard-stroking as the signal of being at the meet?

Ben

I have a beard? Can I join in? 

Very interested to see how this works live on stage.

• 2 weeks later...

GROOVY MOVIE LINE UP

LAST CHANCE EVER TO SEE GMPH IN ITS LEDGENDARY FORM.

Here's the line up for Glastonbury
Weds 
22.00 Hattie Hatstar
23.30 Special Guests
01.00 Groovy Movie Megamix

Thursday
16.00 We the uncivilized
18.00 Undercurrents
20.30 Jolly Jock
22.00 Sita Sings the Blues
00.00 Short film festival
02.00 Groovy Movie video cabaret