'One particularly catty website'

efcfanwirral

I had many a happy time at V festival, certainly up until 2005 anyway.  Staffs was a lovely festival with generally many lovely people.  But I was under no illusions that it would be like Glastonbury.  Glastonbury is different to all the other big festivals.  It is also superior in many ways but that doesn't mean all other big festivals are shit.  They are what they are.  Big outdoor gigs with camping.

54 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Not me, I've only been to V one (2006 Stafford) and had a brilliant time...

Ahhhhhhhh. The Radiohead greatest hits setlist. That was truly awesome.

Great sets from Faithless and Mozzer too, among others.

Also - in defence in of V - I also took my kids that year as a 'tester' to see if they might cope with Glastonbury. They did. Loved it and now love Glastonbury.

3 hours ago, Swieve said:

I had many a happy time at V festival, certainly up until 2005 anyway.  Staffs was a lovely festival with generally many lovely people.  But I was under no illusions that it would be like Glastonbury.  Glastonbury is different to all the other big festivals.  It is also superior in many ways but that doesn't mean all other big festivals are shit.  They are what they are.  Big outdoor gigs with camping.

This is it - like I've said before every time this is talked about, I go to Glastonbury for the festival experience and usually one of V or Leeds to see loads of bands I like in an easy and accessible way (as in you can watch loads because the stages are so close). I don't go expecting it to be like Glastonbury, but I think a lot of people can't understand why someone would want to go on a weekend that doesn't have all the extras like Glastonbury does  

On 27/12/2015 at 5:57 AM, themuel said:

She is right, if talking about this website. It is very catty here and many members are open minded as long as your opinion is the same as theirs. 

I love this site, but let's not pretend the forum isn't hugely judgemental and derogatory to anyone daring to express an opinion different to the norm, or at least the eFestivals version of it. 

Have you got the big hairy bollocks to name names? This forum is only judgemental or derogatory if you 'perceive' it as such, surely - other people would describe it as healthy debate with a bit of an individuals inflection.