'One particularly catty website'

efcfanwirral

Put in here because this definitely came from this part of the forum...Thought you might all find this funny

I got edith bowman's festival book for Christmas, and spotted an interesting line. I think we know which 'catty website' is being described here.   Who's quote is it originally? 

image.thumb.jpeg.251f712de2360eade658bdfimage.thumb.jpeg.809f0e3d3f6f6cd6de7dcc4

merry Christmas to you all on efests by the way! Less than 6 months to go 

Edited by efcfanwirral

11 hours ago, bamber said:

Glastonbury Festival is a Real Festival for fucking Milk and Cider lovers from Somerset and it's immediate hinterland.

To avoid any mis-understanding Is your F-word a verb or an adjective?

She is right, if talking about this website. It is very catty here and many members are open minded as long as your opinion is the same as theirs. 

I love this site, but let's not pretend the forum isn't hugely judgemental and derogatory to anyone daring to express an opinion different to the norm, or at least the eFestivals version of it. 

1 hour ago, themuel said:

She is right, if talking about this website. It is very catty here and many members are open minded as long as your opinion is the same as theirs. 

I love this site, but let's not pretend the forum isn't hugely judgemental and derogatory to anyone daring to express an opinion different to the norm, or at least the eFestivals version of it. 

It's as single-minded as anyone's - yours included - contributions make it.

You might buy into group-thunk, but some of here don't.

PS: I know I've written a line of words that's very similar to what Bowman quotes (so they might be from here, tho they might not), but I also know that I've written that despite V Fest's faults it's still a very good festival at doing what it does, which is to make the festival experience something easy.

The second of those doesn't make the first untrue, and the first of those doesn't make the 2nd untrue.

And Bowman is simply using someone else's words while condemning them as a way to be able to form her own argument for V Fest - that wouldn't exist without the critical comment of others. in other words, she hasn't actually got very much to say.

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's as single-minded as anyone's - yours included - contributions make it.

You might buy into group-thunk, but some of here don't.

I didn't mean eFestivals as in your username, I mean the forum part of the site as a whole. There are a group of users on here who have a view of how the world should be, and if anyone disagrees with them they are automatically seen as wrong and ridiculed. There is no attempt to understand different viewpoints or accept that being different isn't always being wrong  

It's just how it is, what I've said can be applied to all open forums. 

2 minutes ago, themuel said:

I didn't mean eFestivals as in your username, I mean the forum part of the site as a whole. There are a group of users on here who have a view of how the world should be, and if anyone disagrees with them they are automatically seen as wrong and ridiculed. There is no attempt to understand different viewpoints or accept that being different isn't always being wrong  

It's just how it is, what I've said can be applied to all open forums. 

I know you meant the forums as a whole.

And yes, there's always lots of sheep who have to go along with the crowd. Facebook would be nothing without them.

But just because some are like that doesn't mean all are. It's only as good as any individual helps make it, you included. Challenge what you disagree with, and stand behind the things you stand behind. :)