SO WHATS GOING ON !!!!!

THEBOILERMAN

this was the reply i got

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your ticket for Alchemy 2016. Due to unforeseen circumstances this event is now under new management. The new management will guarantee your entry to the 2016 event. We will keep you informed of further updates regarding this event. We thank you for your understanding at this time."

• 3 weeks later...

I have been told Alchemy has been cancelled but I cannot find anything on Facebook anymore to confirm this. I thought there was a group page but I cannot find it. I am still hoping it’s a mistake and the festival will be on.

If it has been cancelled does anyone know how we go about getting a refund? We bought 2 adult tickets & car pass with the early bird offer. Our friends also have a family ticket and they are equally as concerned about getting a refund. Please email oliver.owen82@outlook.com if you know any details. I am not that well off where I can afford to lose this money!especially as we use Alchemy as part of our main holiday.

Sorry to say that I suspect refunds won't be forthcoming. :(

From newspaper reports it appears to be the case that the organiser is on the run after being convicted of a serious offence, tho I only have the word of others that the person referred to is the organiser and not someone else with the same name - and is why I've not posted a link to it.

If anyone else is able to confirm it is him, then there's no reason to not post a link to the article as it's a matter of public record.

Has the organiser stolen the ticket money is that the offense? I am really fucked off if they have we thought they were a good bunch. With the Facebook page and website going down how do we register a refund request ( I have emailed the ticket email address). Has anyone done this type of thing before.

As Neil is waiting for acceptable confirmation I won't post details on this site:

Use your search engine to find the name of the organisers (say an old news item from 2012 when the festival was awarded a license) and then search for that name of the organiser in the photo - it's been in the local news over the last few days. Compare the photos in those two articles.

11 minutes ago, countrylife said:

Has the organiser stolen the ticket money is that the offense?

Nope.

The reason I say there might not be refunds is because the websites have disappeared, and because I think it's possible that ticket money might be helping to pay for his escape. Desperate times and desperate things, and all that.

It's possible the festival might continue under new management as that's what the website said before it disappeared, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

FUCK! http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=newssearch&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwiJ1Y3CkqLKAhVBVRoKHUPUAN0QqQIIISgAMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk%2FPolice-hunting-convicted-child-sex-offender-links%2Fstory-28486718-detail%2Fstory.html&usg=AFQjCNEGMiZWaYnu4HMVJ--lywkZwf5q6g&bvm=bv.111396085,d.ZWU this dirty scum bag?

I am shocked, fucking shocked. family friendly festival organiser! Better not be on the run with my ticket money the dirty scum bag. I want a refund regardless of whoever takes it over. Not attending peado fest

There are good people - really seriously good people - who were involved in Alchemy who want to start another very similar festival to take the place of Alchemy. They were already looking into this before the latest shocking news, because the old organiser seemed to have lost interest in the festi (they didn't know why).

I think they'll do their best to give free or discounted tickets to those who'd already bought tickets for Alchemy 2016, providing the old-skool festi community supports them to get this new festi off the ground. These good folk are as shocked (or probably more shocked and stunned) as everyone here.

Watch this space...

Edited by elfweirdigan
clarification

This is all a bit of a shock, but the other people involved in Alchemy have released this statement.

Due to the influx of comments and contact we have been receiving regarding the prosecution of Toby Gordon, we have been working with the Child Safeguarding Unit of West Yorkshire Police to issue a public statement.
Detective Constable Lee Thompson from the Child Safeguarding unit has stated the following:
"The offence for which Toby Gordon has been convicted for took place a number of years ago in Leeds and is in no way connected to the Alchemy Festival, its organisers, crew or connected people."
We would like to reiterate that the Alchemy Festival is now under new management and the people involved in the new management company wish to distance themselves and the new event from this serious and unfortunate situation.
We would like to thank those people that have supported us during this time and have shown complete understanding concerning this issue and hope people will continue to support the new management team to organise an event for September 2016.
For those people who wish to seek further information and clarification regarding the offence committed by Toby Gordon please contact Detective Constable Lee Thompson of West Yorkshire Police.

26 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

This is all a bit of a shock, but the other people involved in Alchemy have released this statement.

That's good to hear, tho I'm not sure there's much point in them continuing with the Alchemy name. My own take is that it's probably too tainted to make future events a success because of the sort of view that can be seen in a post above.

It would be a shame for them to put in lots of hard work in making an event happen but that event not be the success they're hoping for, so it might be worth them thinking over whether it's worth continuing with the name.

I.would agree with that. Any hope of a successful event needs.complete distance from the alchemy name. Rightly or wrongly it will be associated with the previous people involved and.just saying that the offence occured some time ago and was nothing to do with alchemy wont change that

On 12 January 2016 at 8:11 AM, Paul ™ said:

I apologise for my childish remark above but I am very angry about the ticket situation. If the other organisers are the decent people suggested, why is it that one of them has been allowed to (possibly) take the ticket money?  There has been no notices from the other organisers about refunds and only the pages have been taken away to avoid this being discussed. I would be happier if they said the ticket money has gone and the event has cancelled. I have heard we can get charge backs from the bank but I need the event to say it’s going bankrupt to do this if you have used a Visa Debit card.  I am not happy with the organiser having carried out these sex offences and can I appreciate they want to distance themselves but that isn’t dealing with the ticket situation at all.

These other organisers need to say what is happening with ticket refunds and if this person has taken the money, why has he been able to do so and let people know its cancelled to contact their banks so they can claim refunds.  

13 minutes ago, countrylife said:

If the other organisers are the decent people suggested, why is it that one of them has been allowed to (possibly) take the ticket money?

It's usually the case with any small business that one person is in control of the finances, so if the money has gone it's unlikely to be anything about the others "allowing" them to take the money.

So while I understand your upset at possibly having lost what you've paid, it's not necessarily fair to lay the blame for that at others.