Neil Young

glasshousebill

Thanks fella. Will be sporadic, but glasto is approaching.

Wasn't the best of the setlists last night, think Leeds got that, but his snarling and grungy rendition of Revolution Blues was exceptional. Seemed like he threw it into the setlist at the last moment as well as he had to take time out to have a short chat with the band just before they started it.

I literally cannot believe he played Cowgirl in Leeds. The first tour I've decided against in recent years, and the one song I've always wanted to see him play live and had given up all hope on. Leeds would have been the venue if I had decided to see the tour this year as well. I was kind of disappointed a couple of times over the last few tours, add that to the fact I thought there would be a lot of latest album played, which didn't interest me at all. Obviously I got that totally wrong didn't I... Bugger.

Edited by ericlered

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Oh did you. Bollock well and truly dropped, cocker spadge.

You're not joking there mate, what a massive massive cock up. The only epic song of his I've not seen over the years & the one I've been missing out on tour after tour and gig after gig. That Leeds setlist is something else, I just didn't see that coming when the tickets went on sale way back when...

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, henry bear said:

There's a good article in the current 'Uncut' mag about Neil Young's many unreleased albums.

Might have to have a read in Smiths, unless they've done that shrinkwrapping thing again.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Sad to hear of Pegi Young's passing over the past day. I know that it will be 10 years gone this summer from his legendary Pyramid set, but it's incredible that half the band of that night has now passed away, Rick Rosas & Ben Keith as well....

I was thinking of his set a few days ago as someone commented on The Specials thread that strangely came up "were they on after Lilly Allen?" when I thought the far obvious fact was that they were on before Shakey. I remember moving into the pit during the changeover and having a great spot for what transpired, and then at the very end after he finished "A Day In The Life", wondering what he was doing or about to do (as I also thought that Pegi was thinking at the time as well, from the look on her face from my vantage point) when he went over to her and tapped away ever so briefly at her xylophone and then wondered off as if lost in thought. anyway, RIP Pegi Young. 

This year will only be my 9th Glastonbury and I didn't start until 2002, but there have been quite a few legends who have passed away that I've seen grace the farm, from the likes of Clarence Clemons, Lou Reed, Isaac Hayes, Bobby Womack, Bobby Keyes, Chris Squire, Scott Hutchinson, several others too I'm sure. 

Edited by tevaburger
  • Upvote 1

Oh my. It was my first Glastonbury, the very first headliner and the first time I had seen Neil having listened to him for over 25 years. Absolutely mind blowing in every way. Thinking back to all the festivals since, I have only missed one, that weekend was extraordinary for headliners, especially finishing with Blur. I don’t think any pair of headline performances are any better?

long live shakey. 

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Its one of the great Glastonbury performances, Teva. Ben Keith and Rick Rosas also sadly no longer with us.

The purple patch of greats (2004-2013?) we'll look back upon in amazement in years to come.

yep, half the band gone from that set as I mentioned

I'd pip you back a year and use the 03-13 era since the REM/Radiohead duo in '03 was up there with any. I believe (and I have to rib you on this at least once a year) that  Radiohead set beat out the Macca 04 set in that knockout 'best headliner' cup/poll tournament you set up a decade or so ago on here, the one u were setting up for Macca to win...

18 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

yep, half the band gone from that set as I mentioned

I'd pip you back a year and use the 03-13 era since the REM/Radiohead duo in '03 was up there with any. I believe (and I have to rib you on this at least once a year) that  Radiohead set beat out the Macca 04 set in that knockout 'best headliner' cup/poll tournament you set up a decade or so ago on here, the one u were setting up for Macca to win...

Hahaha you know me too well. I’ll allow ‘03  I spose. Was REM a big “get” for the fest back then? I look on 04-13 as a sine curve with 09 at the peak.