Neil Young

glasshousebill

The videos in this article are brilliant!

Neil Young was my first ever pyramid headliner.

And it is has been down hill ever since.......

46 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

10 hours ago, fantomas said:

Anyone know if Leeds Arena is any/much better than the London O2?  Debating where to try and go but live much closer to London.

I've been to 3 gigs at Leeds Arena and it is a pretty good venue with good accoustics.  Whereas arenas like Manchester are rectangular all around as is the O2 (though I know that's circular), Leeds has amphitheatre style seating which I prefer as you have a seat where you can sit in it and look directly at stage without twisting at an angle.  That said the one gig where I was standing (Depeche Mode) I wasn't so keen on the standing bit.  Reason being where the seating stopped and the standing began there's this big drop (I think it's where they store seating when it is not an all seated gig) which made it a bit bear pit like and dampened the atmosphere compared to other arenas where the seating flows into the standing a bit more.  Hope that makes sense.  If you do decide to go there and drive, parking near the venue can be a bit of a mare to get out afterwards so better to park bit further away and walk- happy to give you some tips on that as I live in Leeds.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Occasionally there are other venues on there though to be fair, but I think it's an exception not the norm.

But yes it is.

Aha, I've only ever used it once before, and that was for NIN at the MEN, which is not O2. So I'm not silly. So there.

Thanks for the responses about Leeds.

I have a presale email from Eventim for Leeds but it only works linking through the email as there is no web address I can copy.  I can forward the email if anyone wants it, just IM me your email address.  £62.75 for standing / £73.25 and £57.00 for seats.  Looks like See tomorrow might be slightly cheaper though.

Edited by fantomas

I saw Neil Young on this tour in October, relatively small venue (about 3000 at a guess). In time my mind may change, but I think it's the best gig I have ever been to. It was incredible. I saw Neil with Crazy Horse last year and it was very good, but this show was amazing. Superb mix of classic Neil and Promise of the Real stuff. He played Powderfinger which is my favourite song, started the show solo on piano, continued on acoustic, Love and only Love, Cinnamon Girl. 25 songs, about 3 hours of a show. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant

43 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Did you see him on the pyramid? If it was better than that and i don't get tickets tomorrow then I will definitely kick the rabbits and the missus when I get in. 

My favourite Neil Young gig was the first, Hammersmith Apollo, 2008.  2nd row, an hour acoustic set, a break and then an hour and a half with band.  

Glastonbury 2nd easily, loved the crackling of Hey Hey My My right through to A Day in the Life!  Have seen him with Crazy Horse 3 times since.  Loved Hyde Park last year best out of those, and very excited by this new tour!

39 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Anyone still trying for Leeds it look like See have sold out of standing (seating available) but they're still available on ticketmaster

There's plenty on Eventim. I have no idea why people exclusively use the two big sites that everyone uses.

I also have no idea why I'm looking as I can't afford it right now. :(

Edited by dentalplan

12 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Are you based over the pond then?

I live in Wigan. I was just very fortunate to be in Vegas when Neil played at The Cosmo. Perfect timing (though I did go on my own, and sent the family to see Cirque whilst I was there)

On 17/12/2015 at 9:02 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Did you see him on the pyramid? If it was better than that and i don't get tickets tomorrow then I will definitely kick the rabbits and the missus when I get in. 

I was there when he played the Pyramid. That was an event for sure, but I'd only just got into his stuff then so with a good few more years under my belt I'd say I enjoyed the show in Vegas more (and they played Powder finger, which is my favorite track). Just check out the set lists from this tour, amazing.

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

how much are tix please [ laptop thing SO slow cant be bothered ]

At London O2, seated options start at about £56 with ticket master, plus postage etc likely to be £60 odd. I'd recommend to book through newish computer or phone - trying to book at work I had massive problems with Seetickets/Eventin/Ticketmaster websites today, probably because the browsers my workplace uses are a bit old. It was so confusing, I even went and checked with my bank whether my card was somehow compromised (it wasn't). Had to wait to get home to make a successful booking. 

Edited by midnight
typo