The Fermi paradox

bamber

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We might be, probably are, a simulation....

The argument goes like this. The current state of affairs is that we are rapidly progressing towards programmatically simulating AI, consciousness (computer games and all that). Once we achieve that, we likely will systematically introduce many, many simulations of our ancestors. The probability then is that is far more likely that we are a simulation, than anything that is real because real is rare and simulation way more common. I don't know if I introduced that very well. It is sort of like the reason why we will never see a crashed Alien UFO. Project our current advancement in flying technology into the future and you will see that it is statistically impossible for an intergalactic craft to crash.

It is explained way better here..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality

The world population is 7,458,954,559 and counting. With 523,573,775 views that would mean one in 14 people in this world watched this, This is not actually true because some people like me watched it more than once, but all the same it's one hell of an achievement...

I hope she's getting paid for it.

Edited by bamber

Ultimately, the only reason there are black spots between the stars is that the universe had a beginning and loads of light from loads of stars and galaxies has not reached us yet

Yet still there is silence. Why aren't we watching alien TV?

Oh, we are......

Edited by bamber

On 26/10/2016 at 11:00 PM, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Master at Work. Needed that cheers.

Here's the thing... Space is bigger by the minute, much bigger.

It is accelerating. There then becomes the need for dark energy and dark matter, not good.

The standard theory lies in tatters.

• 1 month later...

It is the extremities of the galaxies where the problem arises. They just don't move as predicted by general relativity. Hence the need for dark matter and dark energy. It is a matter for discussion. Maybe gravity is more like a fluid vortex?

• 3 weeks later...