Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Odd that they wouldn't just be announced for Wilderness now - no real reason to hold them back - but I guess it's possible. Latitude seems ruled out though, so it's either this final Wilderness headliner or Glastonbury, although fuck knows where they'll possibly fit in. Get em subbing Adele and send people's heads west

Could be until they shift more Citadel tickets. Or just to have more publicity for Wilderness in a few weeks/months.

Although their tour dates make a lot more sense for Glastonbury - Ireland on Glasto Sunday vs Hungary on Wilderness Monday (and in Japan only a couple of weeks before).

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm not sure the park is too small. Especially if up against Adele and new order. 

And remember they're playing "in the spirit of adventure. all we can say right now is it’s going to be different, with new unreleased songs, a new show and maybe some other *new* things": http://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

Also, GFL might be after a big act to launch the new JP.

This is great news. That gap in their schedule is becoming more blatent by the day.

Wilderness ruled out.

Latitude seemingly very unlikely.

If i was to hazard a guess, id put them at West Holts over JPT.

Taking ( ) for a spin now in anticipation. As far as im concerned its happening.

Just now, T-Mouse said:

This is great news. That gap in their schedule is becoming more blatent by the day.

Wilderness ruled out.

Latitude seemingly very unlikely.

If i was to hazard a guess, id put them at West Holts over JPT.

Taking ( ) for a spin now in anticipation. As far as im concerned its happening.

Wilderness have still got a headliner to announce and Sigur Ros have still got tickets to sell for that other show - I wouldn't be ruling Wilderness out just yet. Definitely the more likely option, although it breaks my heart to say that 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wilderness have still got a headliner to announce and Sigur Ros have still got tickets to sell for that other show - I wouldn't be ruling Wilderness out just yet. Definitely the more likely option, although it breaks my heart to say that 

I assumed all 3 headliners were announced. I completely agree. They are a perfect fit for that last headliner. How crushing.

2 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Things are funny this year... really seems like a decent chance for Radiohead, Sigur Ros, The National, Bon Iver... which would probably be 4 of the 5 (Vaguely realistic) dream acts for me.

But I just have this feeling that none of them will turn up. 

Exactly my fears also. So much potential yet you just know that we will be getting Adele Coldplay Muse and Bring me the fucking Horizon. 

Alas, there but for the grace of god go my dreams. Citidel it is.

5 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

I assumed all 3 headliners were announced. I completely agree. They are a perfect fit for that last headliner. How crushing.

Exactly my fears also. So much potential yet you just know that we will be getting Adele Coldplay Muse and Bring me the fucking Horizon. 

Alas, there but for the grace of god go my dreams. Citidel it is.

Yeah, it doesn't help that only the worst case scenarios are getting confirmed... while the dream bookings seems to be staying as  just dreams, along with being able to fly and invisibility. 

I fancy a sleep actually.

6 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

Things are funny this year... really seems like a decent chance for Radiohead, Sigur Ros, The National, Bon Iver... which would probably be 4 of the 5 (Vaguely realistic) dream acts for me.

.... wait dont start me on the bon iver rumours.... i could not take the let down...

22 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

Where are you getting these Bon Iver ideas from? Probably first on my wish list of bands to play.

11 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Where are you getting these Bon Iver ideas from? Probably first on my wish list of bands to play.

Wishful thinking on their part really. He's doing a couple of shows this year and announced his return to the band properly, but if he were to play Glastonbury id say next year is a better bet

22 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

Exactly the same here mate. I'd be completely delighted if these bands played this year, especially The National and Sigur Ros, but as with yourself I just don't think any of these will play :/

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That's awesome. God I wish I lived in London for the gig situation

It really is sensational. I live in Southampton which is basically Zone 8 for these things. Never moving out of its vicinity - I had to make do with the north's relative slim pickings too long!

Edited by Porcelina

Somebody just pointed out in the Latitude thread that Crystal Fighters apparently confirmed themselves as a headliner at Wilderness on their Facebook, so unless there's a fourth headliner due to be announced (or they've got mixed up and aren't actually headlining - I didn't thin they were at all big enough?!) then that just leaves Latitude and Glastonbury in the mix for festivals they could be playing. Could they realistically be playing a lower stage - WH, Park, or even JP - at Glastonbury? I sure hope so

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody just pointed out in the Latitude thread that Crystal Fighters apparently confirmed themselves as a headliner at Wilderness on their Facebook, so unless there's a fourth headliner due to be announced (or they've got mixed up and aren't actually headlining - I didn't thin they were at all big enough?!) then that just leaves Latitude and Glastonbury in the mix for festivals they could be playing. Could they realistically be playing a lower stage - WH, Park, or even JP - at Glastonbury? I sure hope so

It will be latitude, just to get on my tits.

Latitude announce on thursday don't they?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop