Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I know Iggy's headlined the Other before but I think next time out they'll mainstage him.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pyramid time for Peej and all.

yep agree with both. fingers crossed it's this year - combined with ZZ Top and possibly even Beck and it'd already be a better Pyramid lineup than most years

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say they were a bigger act in whatever year it was they played last time (2003?), and they subbed it then.

Tho it's probably the case that most of the headliners recently have been smaller than was the case back then.

But they even had their own youtube advert and played Wembley Arena on the back of their last album!! That never happened back in '03

Edited by Acid_Haze

12 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

They'll be releasing another album by glastonbury this year so we'll see what happens by then :)

think the whole point of this upcoming tour they're doing is to 'preview' new material for an album that will be coming out later, which is one of the things making me think they're probably unlikely for Glastonbury, as even though it's all about the spectacle with their live shows, playing a bunch of new material isn't something you want to be doing in front of a major festival crowd

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Oh jeez. Denmark the weekend before, they have to go past Glastonbury to get to Dublin don't they? Oh my 

I think they might as part of their 'Countries That Kinda Wanna Be Part of the European Union But Aren't Really Sure' Tour.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, kingcrawler said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160223a.shtml

So Wilderness, the festival most seemed to think Sigur Ros would play, has announced and there's no Sigur Ros...

which means Latitude or Glasto, I guess.

Without having checked anything more (availability, etc) I'd plump for Latitude of those two, just because it's more likely to offer Sigur Ros a slot in darkness.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Without having checked anything more (availability, etc) I'd plump for Latitude of those two, just because it's more likely to offer Sigur Ros a slot in darkness.

Their tour dates don't really fit Latitude. They're playing Romania on the 14th, off on the 15th, in Belgium on the 16th and London on the 17th. It would be a bit odd to not play Latitude and Citadel in London on consecutive days.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'd have to say that I agree with Neil here.

With the Other Stage being quite cramped at the top I can't see Glasto giving SR a dark set unless its on Park or West Holts. And I just can't see them doing either of them stages. Park they would be too big for surely and WH just doesn't fit to me.

We can only hope though!

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

They're in Romania and Belgium on the 14th & 16th, then London on the 17th July (which are the dates for Latitude)

Just now, stocky3000 said:

Pretty sure wilderness have some sort of link with citadel

They also have one headliner still to announce right?

Wait for citadel to sell out then announce sigur ros as Finall headliner

Yeah I just remembered Wilderness is three days after I'd posted that and that does seem more likely. We can still hope they'll end up at Glastonbury instead.

Odd that they wouldn't just be announced for Wilderness now - no real reason to hold them back - but I guess it's possible. Latitude seems ruled out though, so it's either this final Wilderness headliner or Glastonbury, although fuck knows where they'll possibly fit in. Get em subbing Adele and send people's heads west

Edited by FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Odd that they wouldn't just be announced for Wilderness now - no real reason to hold them back - but I guess it's possible. Latitude seems ruled out though, so it's either this final Wilderness headliner or Glastonbury, although fuck knows where they'll possibly fit in. Get em subbing Adele and send people's heads west

What Stocky said, I think.

If we didn't already think we had a good idea of the Other headliners we'd have 'em nailed on by now but I should think if they do play it won't be there.