Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My local cinemas all let you drink booze.

Yeah, the picturehouse near me does. But I dont really feel the need to be pissed while watching a film. Plus needing a piss during a film is disastrous.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah a fellow Tango Ice Blast man then!

now you're talking!

32 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Pretty disappointed that I raced through presale, spent £50 a ticket (inc fees etc) - and get shunted to seats on the back row to the side.

That doesn't sound right. I get that the VIP tickets seem to be the first couple of rows but the £50 ones I got for Manchester are in the 4th row in the middle.

Sigur Ros pre sales tend to be good for seats from experience too. 

23 hours ago, arteet said:

That doesn't sound right. I get that the VIP tickets seem to be the first couple of rows but the £50 ones I got for Manchester are in the 4th row in the middle.

Sigur Ros pre sales tend to be good for seats from experience too. 

I clicked as soon as it went live at 9am for London, got row W for the £50 tickets. I bought them and then went back out of curiosity to see what a VIP package would get me, found row F. Quite a difference unfortunately :(

1 minute ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered but is this as a three piece again?

Yeah fairly certain I read that it was just the three of them again, although also remember seeing '+ Special Guests' and considering there ain't gonna be a support act I'm assuming the guests will be additional musicians.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah fairly certain I read that it was just the three of them again, although also remember seeing '+ Special Guests' and considering there ain't gonna be a support act I'm assuming the guests will be additional musicians.

Well in LA they have an orchestra with them and saying they are playing songs from all albums suggests hits filled set with strings support.... can't wait :) 

I didn't notice they were doing 2 sets - 'an evening with' type shows.

Grabbed myself a stalls seat for the Friday in London :D Glasto last year was awesome and if it's the same stage show again should be brilliant. Looking forward to it already!

Damn I'm really torn about this gig. 

Looking at the seating plan for London it looks like there is some standing, right at the back of the stalls and the circle. Has anyone been to a seating gig here? Will the standing areas be a terrible place to watch the gig from? The prices are really high for the seating, apart from the ones right at the very very back.

10 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Well in LA they have an orchestra with them and saying they are playing songs from all albums suggests hits filled set with strings support.... can't wait :)

I think half of the set will be the three of them and essentially what we got at Glastonbury and then the other will be backed with a orchestra. At least I hope that's the case as that would be amazing and put to sleep any doubts I had about forking out for it.

23 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Looking at the seating plan for London it looks like there is some standing, right at the back of the stalls and the circle. Has anyone been to a seating gig here? Will the standing areas be a terrible place to watch the gig from? The prices are really high for the seating, apart from the ones right at the very very back.

You'll have to contend with the overhang of the gallery seats above - that starts around row Y I think it is. The seats are on eventim's site as 'restricted view' for this reason. I suspect from having sat and watched a comedian under the overhang before you'll miss the top bit of the stage off from your sightline.

Also taking into account theatre monkey you'd need to get there reasonably early to get a reasonable space - 2 rows of 60 people only apparently and one is right behind the sound mixer desk.

Seeing as the show at G was highly visual and I'd expect the same again from them thats why I chose to fork out for a stalls seat. I'm on my own in row V

http://www.theatremonkey.com/HAMMERSMITHbooking.htm#Th

6 hours ago, russycarps said:

I'd only recommend the standing if the only seats you can get are literally the back row, or if you can get there early enough to bag a good spot. 

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

The standing area isn't great. When I had tickets for there I ended up just standing in the aisle bit alongside the seats. Lots did and no one moved us.