Sigur Ros

admscott

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I kept the faith. Glad some of you are back on board.

In my head they are 100% playing now, and I refuse to budge off that, and definitely Saturday night 

LCD/Sigur Ros/Earth, Wind and Fire shall be my headline trio, it has to be 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

In my head they are 100% playing now, and I refuse to budge off that, and definitely Saturday night 

Jeez imagine them three as a headline trio, me and you both Sir. Stuff dreams are made of.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sigur Ros Fri WH

New Order Other Sat

Sunday is up for grabs...

I'm afraid not even Sigur Ros could get me away from LCD if that's the case (I know you're not a fan) 

I really hope Earth, Wind and Fire play the Sunday, though if the wishes of many come true and they clash with Explosions in the Sky, then that would be shite 

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm afraid not even Sigur Ros could get me away from LCD if that's the case (I know you're not a fan) 

I really hope Earth, Wind and Fire play the Sunday, though if the wishes of many come true and they clash with Explosions in the Sky, then that would be shite 

Man LCD vs Sigur Ros would be the absolute worst, so I'd rather they didn't play at all than that happen 

34 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They are labelled as 'London exclusives' which suggests another festival.

They are playing T as well so Glastonbury isn't 100% likely.. Although I would definitely have thought we'd be seeing them this year.

49 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Oh fair. Didn't realise that. That's very exciting.

6 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Sigur Ros are playing T in the Park?

They aren't. He must have got them confused with LCD who are a London exclusive at Lovebox.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody mentioned that they have a final headliner to announce but I haven't looked in to it

Surely if they're too big for JP they're too big for Green Man?

49 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Thankfully they do plenty of b2b dates so they could easily do the Saturday and then Dublin the next day. Make it happen festival gods!

Sigur Ros b2b LCD Soundsystem 7 hour set in the Despacio Soundsystem tent please

edit: That's made me remember Jonsi on Boiler Room. I can't find a video now but it was the most ridiculous thing ever. He was playing trap music and then played some weird electro mix of Sabotage by The Beastie Boys. It was such a strange experience

Edited by jonodillieono

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. You don't want another dream crashing and burning like the Radiohead one.

I'm still firmly in the 'Sigur Rós won't be there' camp. At least you'll have LCD on the Friday though.

1 hour ago, theDandy said:

Agreed on this. What kind of sicko would think of making them clash?

Me.

I just don't get the LCD love in. Admittedly I haven't seen them live and I could well get into if I was there. Sigur Ros I have never seen either, but have had a bit of an obsession with for a few years. None of my mates really get them so I'd probably be spending the night on my own if they play. We all want to see New Order. If Sigur Ros played Saturday, I'd be on my own, which isn't a problem - but I would like to see New Order too.

Sigur Ros - Fri

New Order - Saturday

That is a good pair of headliners for me.

I highly doubt Citadel are stopping the other festival they are booked for from announcing them. Also I can't see why Green Man wouldn't announce them as Sigur Ros are a big name.  So as most major festivals have announced their line ups now apart from Glastonbury, they surely have to be there! Foals then Sigur Ros on the Friday would be a dream

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me.

I just don't get the LCD love in. Admittedly I haven't seen them live and I could well get into if I was there. Sigur Ros I have never seen either, but have had a bit of an obsession with for a few years. None of my mates really get them so I'd probably be spending the night on my own if they play. We all want to see New Order. If Sigur Ros played Saturday, I'd be on my own, which isn't a problem - but I would like to see New Order too.

Sigur Ros - Fri

New Order - Saturday

That is a good pair of headliners for me.

if sigur ros is announced, then ditch your friends and hang out with us ;)

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yer. Suggests an English one too so probs not Green Man.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The world's least groovy band on the world's most groovy stage. What could be more fitting?

(This is going to be my Stu Two Hats "Groups Don't Play the Sunday Legends Slot" leitmotif, isn't it?)

It bears repeating though. I think the the Friday night combo last year attracted a load of Park dwelling folk that enjoyed it so much that they decided they wanted to colonise the stage.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

West Holts' bespoke atmosphere is based on a policy of booking bands very different to Sigur Ros.  You can go elsewhere to stand stock still.

It'd be a crying shame to see the boogie wonderland drained of the funk and it mutate into a mini version of the Other Stage with a tartiflette option.

Indded, it needs to continue to be the Mongolian Arseflute / embarrassing middle- aged whitey dancing/ unlistenable lunchtime avant garde jazz (have they started or are they just tuning up?)/ willfully difficult side projects/ what the hell do these people do the other 51 weeks of the year/ buy a cd from the songlines stall but never listen to it again field. It's veered far to close to conventional in the last couple of festivals.