Bilbao BBK 2016

pete76

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at this, hoping The National are added as I'm trying to see them and Arcade Fire this summer. Chances anyone? Playing NOS and have a gap in Europe at the end of June to mid July.

The pre set up tent for 1-2 people is €80 for people who are worried about tents (this may be €70 in real terms if you don't need a camping ticket), since all the remaining hotels in the city are very expensive.

is anyone flying to Madrid? Transport from there?

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm looking at this, hoping The National are added as I'm trying to see them and Arcade Fire this summer. Chances anyone? Playing NOS and have a gap in Europe at the end of June to mid July.

The pre set up tent for 1-2 people is €80 for people who are worried about tents (this may be €70 in real terms if you don't need a camping ticket), since all the remaining hotels in the city are very expensive.

is anyone flying to Madrid? Transport from there?

I was feeling fairly confident earlier on in the year that The National were a real possibility for this but I really can't see where they'd fit in now, aside from as a co-headliner with Pixies.  Figure if that was going to be the case it would likely have been announced by now, though.  

They're possibly a bit more likely for Benicassim due to playing Super Bock (not NOS) the same weekend.  At the same time, that would make it four consecutive nights of shows in four different countries.  Guess they're also a possibility for the third headline slot at Mad Cool festival if they're definitely going to be doing a Spanish fest.

Just booked tickets and flights tonight.

quick question on the shuttle buses, are they direct or do they have stop points en route? and the metro to what hour does that run/start in the morning? 

Looking at staying in the centre as we are going for 7 days and taking in bilbao prior to the festival.

most of the hotels now available seem to be a bit of a walk away from san memes. 

16 hours ago, Lord Rooster said:

I was feeling fairly confident earlier on in the year that The National were a real possibility for this but I really can't see where they'd fit in now, aside from as a co-headliner with Pixies.  Figure if that was going to be the case it would likely have been announced by now, though.  

They're possibly a bit more likely for Benicassim due to playing Super Bock (not NOS) the same weekend.  At the same time, that would make it four consecutive nights of shows in four different countries.  Guess they're also a possibility for the third headline slot at Mad Cool festival if they're definitely going to be doing a Spanish fest.

Yes of course Super Bock, got confused looking at all of the lineups. Of course if The National were playing NOS I could just see them and Arcade Fire there!

On 3/8/2016 at 0:28 PM, fightoffyour said:

Yes of course Super Bock, got confused looking at all of the lineups. Of course if The National were playing NOS I could just see them and Arcade Fire there!

Following my previous post I noticed something on the BBK twitter which would suggest there's still a possibility of another co-headliner being announced.  Either that, or whoever runs it has no inside information and is purely speculating.  Don't really want to put too much faith in it panning out, or it even being anyone all that great if it does but it certainly means they can't be categorically ruled out yet.

1 hour ago, Lord Rooster said:

Following my previous post I noticed something on the BBK twitter which would suggest there's still a possibility of another co-headliner being announced.  Either that, or whoever runs it has no inside information and is purely speculating.  Don't really want to put too much faith in it panning out, or it even being anyone all that great if it does but it certainly means they can't be categorically ruled out yet.

Fingers and toes crossed! Cheers for the info

15 hours ago, Lord Rooster said:

https://twitter.com/bilbaobbklive/status/705349990588276736

It's not the initial tweet itself but rather the subsequent responses from BBK in response to whether all headliners have been announced.

Nice, good work.

For anyone else that's: "no faltan más nombres por anunciar y un cabeza más al menos. Saludos"

Which google translates to: "no shortage announce more names and head more at least. Cheers"

Edited by fightoffyour

Found flights for £140 return so reckon I'm going. Will have to hang around until the Monday, hopefully won't feel too shonky! 

The three foreign tests I've been to all had dance tents until the early hours. Anyone know if that is the case here?

Edited by Homer

The Who, Editors and Garbage +more announced for Mad Cool. Not surprised The National weren't there when I saw the dates of that festival, would have made it their earliest dates in Europe. So we are left to see if they are added to Beni tomorrow, with the only possible date being 15th July around already announced dates on the 14th (Super Bock), 16th and 17th (Latitude and Longitude)

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The Who, Editors and Garbage +more announced for Mad Cool. Not surprised The National weren't there when I saw the dates of that festival, would have made it their earliest dates in Europe. So we are left to see if they are added to Beni tomorrow, with the only possible date being 15th July around already announced dates on the 14th (Super Bock), 16th and 17th (Latitude and Longitude)

Beni always was the most likely of the two, really. Really hoping the prospect of four shows in a row in different countries has been enough to put them off.  Of course it'd be an even bigger disappointment if they're not announced tomorrow but then don't end up on the BBK bill.

On a side note, if I had the spare holiday time from work I'd be looking into Mad Cool as a second foreign festival!

Booked my ticket last night and a return from Gatwick (£140). Accommodation looks pricey, even the hostels are really expensive! I've been to Euro fests before and they don't usually hike the prices! Anyone seen anything good/reasonable? I don't mind paying a bit but I saw even a hostel was £65 for a night!

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Did you think about camping?

has anyone camped here ? Or at any European festival for that matter? Too hot or what?

Camped at Beni one year, it like pitching a tent on concrete. Very very hot, but it was an experience. Taken the hotel option ever since, air con is bliss.

First time at BBK this year for me.

I've done three Portuguese fests (Super Bock, Optimus then Primavera) and I got an apartment for each. I prefer to think of it as a holiday with a gig attached. I'm almost 40 and would never consider glamping over here - but there's no way I'm camping in that heat!

Edited by Homer